Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I took me a while, but... Do I Look Like I Give a F***...
Yep. Do I really care if any of those fans want to 'choke me out'? Because I don't.

And I don't hate McNabb, I actually think he is a nice guy and a guy that I would probably like off the field but I just don't think he is a great QB nor do I think he will ever become one. His leadership has always been questionable, he has never really taken charge of anything instead he was always the goofball who lightened the mood and while that is great on occassion, when you're missing wide open targets and having players running wrong routes that is not a time to smile and laugh and say "We'll get it soon *insert joke*." And what made him special earlier in his career was his arm strength and his mobility, his mechanics as far as pocket prescence and patience were never really there and now that his legs are getting older his old style of play isn't really working anymore. Toss in his fading arm strength and mobility to a wildy inaccurate arm and he is slowly fading into mediocrity.

I know some will point at this season and say that "He is coming off of a career year" well that is great and all but the numbers don't really tell the entire story, he had the most weapons of his entire career at his disposal and he still BARELY did better than any year he had with those mediocre weapons. And what you didn't see were all those deep balls that were off target but DeSean Jackson adjusted, there were multiple occassions where DeSean Jackson had to stop to catch the ball. I just think he is fading and that he isn't getting better and that no matter who the Eagles put at QB they're not winning a superbowl next year, but I think the sooner Kolb gets in and the more experience he gets the closer the Eagles will get.

I am not pulling all this Kolb stuff out of thin air, I'm not making stuff up (aside from an interception that I forgot). All you have to do is look at his games to see that Kevin Kolb has the arm strength to at least get the job done, I would say he is above average in that area he doesn't have a cannon like McNabb once had but Kolb has more than enough arm strength. His accuracy while spotty was more consistent than McNabb's he had a 64.5% completion rate in two games he started, he missed a few crossing patters specifically to Jeremy Maclin and Brian Westbrook but other than a few errors he was very accurate. And all sources say he is mobile enough to create time, he is a leader and he is intelligent all you have to do is read up about what Andy Reid says about him and what the report says about him to see that. Like I said he still forces throws on occassion but he has improved in that area a lot.

I just don't think McNabb can win it and that he is fading and I think Kolb is an ascending talent who is only going to get better. And I think that Kolb is going to do good things with the young players just because he seems like he is more of a business guy and that he is their age and there isn't a generation gap. Plus in light of the report you might be able to make the conclusion that he is a respected player in the lockerroom and that the younger players listen to him.

I don't hate McNabb but I am sick of seeing the other team win in clutch games and it is due in part to McNabb's inability to cope with clutch sitations and his inconsistency with his accuracy. I appreciate what McNabb did, he was a good QB for the entire decade but at this point I think Kolb is ready to take over and that eventually Kolb is going to have more success than McNabb in terms of postseason success. This is just my opinion.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote