Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am praying someone else walks out at this press conference..............that would be amazing. Not going to happen, but I wont open the bottle until I look the devil in the eyes.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
There is absolutely nothing I like about this franchise right now other than the fact they are the Buffalo Bills. **** my life.
Wow, my thoughts almost to a T yesterday, then I wake up today to reports that Chan Gailey is gonna be hired today, and Redskins people are making fun of the Bills organization... Seriously, Redskins radio personalities are making fun of the Bills organization... On a positive note Cowher said F-off, hire Chan Gailey and we did :p Its a good day to put a few back, a stop by the liquor store might be called for... At least there is a chance our backup qb's will take us to the play-offs and a first round loss...
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, i wonder how Nix and Russ are gonna sell Gailey to the fans
Old 01-19-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nix took jab at OAK, lol.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What type of D does Gailey like 4-3 or 3-4??

If we're going 3-4 this year our draft board will have to focus on 3-4 defenders.

Stroud on the nose?
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTcoach View Post
What type of D does Gailey like 4-3 or 3-4??

If we're going 3-4 this year our draft board will have to focus on 3-4 defenders.

Stroud on the nose?
said he is more open to the 34 then he was years ago.

hahaha, the guy can't win 1v1 anymore how the hell will he handle 2 guys?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Marty Schottenheimer wanted Bills gig
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...nted-bills-gig

:smackface:
Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put a gun

in my mouth

Chan Gailey, can't ******* do it, shiiitttt

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Adopt spread
2. Draft Naaman Roosevelt
3. Profit
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
1. Adopt spread
2. Draft Naaman Roosevelt
3. Profit
3. ???
4. Profit

Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get this organization..........how the hell can you be uncomfortable with hiring Marty and then you go out and get Chan ******* Gailey.....this is insane. All along we were fishing for all of these established coaches, Marty bites and we choose Gailey, this is garbage.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
said he is more open to the 34 then he was years ago.

hahaha, the guy can't win 1v1 anymore how the hell will he handle 2 guys?

He could lay in there on 1st and 2nd downs for a year at least on the nose.

DL Williams Stroud Seymour

LB Mitchell Puz Ellison Maybin

Sec McGee Byrd Scott McKelvin
Old 01-20-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Ellison in the middle? Really? This is terrible

Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I dont get this organization..........how the hell can you be uncomfortable with hiring Marty and then you go out and get Chan ******* Gailey.....this is insane. All along we were fishing for all of these established coaches, Marty bites and we choose Gailey, this is garbage.
Nix has a history with Marty and remember Nix & Smith fired him after a 14-2 year so he must know something we don't.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Stroud isn't a NT, we aren't going to get a big FA so Seymour isn't coming unless he doesn't want much $$$

Ellison at ILB?

Where is Wilson?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Stroud (who should be released immediatly next year if he performes like he did this past season) would just get pushed out of the way, and we would give up 400 yards a game to the Jets in the 3-4, if he was the nose.
Buffalo needs to keep the 4-3, the only 3-4 front seven personnel that make sense currently on the roster are Maybin at OLB (drafting him still pisses me off in that it made no sense), Posluszny at ILB, and Williams playing the undertackle/defensive end position, other than that maybe mitchell comes back and plays ILB, Ellison might (and thats a stretch) be able to fill the other OLB spot, Stroud would have to fill in at the other DE spot, meaning best case scenerio we need a nose tackle to come in right away, Stroud to hold up, Mitchell to come back health, Ellison to hold up, and every one to stay healthy and "get it" (the defense).
Seymour is a pipe dream, the Raiders just gave up what a first round pick for him? If they let him go they would prove themselves to have the IQ of a slug, or dead man (Al Davis would apply).
If we keep the 4-3 the holes on defense can be address easier than switching to the 3-4 and almost starting over from scratch, which would be a possibility if we did not essentially have to rebuild most of the offense as well.
I would agree that Wilson should be starting next year, and throwing a couple back yesterday eased the pain a little...
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Stroud (who should be released immediatly next year if he performes like he did this past season) would just get pushed out of the way, and we would give up 400 yards a game to the Jets in the 3-4, if he was the nose.
Buffalo needs to keep the 4-3, the only 3-4 front seven personnel that make sense currently on the roster are Maybin at OLB (drafting him still pisses me off in that it made no sense), Posluszny at ILB, and Williams playing the undertackle/defensive end position, other than that maybe mitchell comes back and plays ILB, Ellison might (and thats a stretch) be able to fill the other OLB spot, Stroud would have to fill in at the other DE spot, meaning best case scenerio we need a nose tackle to come in right away, Stroud to hold up, Mitchell to come back health, Ellison to hold up, and every one to stay healthy and "get it" (the defense).
Seymour is a pipe dream, the Raiders just gave up what a first round pick for him? If they let him go they would prove themselves to have the IQ of a slug, or dead man (Al Davis would apply).
If we keep the 4-3 the holes on defense can be address easier than switching to the 3-4 and almost starting over from scratch, which would be a possibility if we did not essentially have to rebuild most of the offense as well.
I would agree that Wilson should be starting next year, and throwing a couple back yesterday eased the pain a little...

Yeah a bit of sarcasim in my 3-4 starting lineup. I think the real issue we have is that we really have 1 (maybe 2) starting caliber D lineman on our team. Regardless of 4-3 or 3-4 we have one guy Williams and no one else.

Our O-line is not good but we have Wood, Levitre, Hangartner and maybe 1 OT. I think our biggest need has to be D-line. Edwards will be able to play in Gailey's offense because we'll run ala LJ and Priest Holmes. We need to draft or sign at least 2 Dlineman if not 3.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think (would hope) that we see Brad Butler as more valuable than Hangartner.

The right end will hopefully be at least a year of the old Aaron and the young Aaron.

Kelsay is bleh. Stroud I can live with, but neither are our long term answers. We can start trying to draft young guys as potential replacements, especially at DT, but I don't think we see big changes or high draft picks on the line this year. Then again, with new coaches I really have no idea. Best chance is that they realize that you can do much, much better than Kelsay.

I just want some linebackers.

And fisch, I thought it was pretty clear how Naaman leads directly to profit.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

What I'd like the O-Line to look like

Draft/FA/Bell/Meredith-Levitre-Wood-Incognito-Butler

Hangartner will back up the 3 IOL spots
Bell, to bad he got hurt he needed the PT.
Meredith I think can play LT if not then he is the future RT imo.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not giving such high expectations to Meredith. He looked alright, not all the time, as one of a bunch of replacements thrown at the wall. I like having him for depth, and who knows how good he'll be, but I'm not expecting much.
I really wish we saw more of Butler before that bad injury. He looked good at RT in his short time there, and at 26, I don't want to think about replacing him.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Butler is only 26? I thought he was like 28+. Meredith if nothing else should become a good back-up and he could play every spot but C. With the way we get hurt we need versatile back-ups.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

John Guy fired
http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/inde...owtopic=106658
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah a bit of sarcasim in my 3-4 starting lineup. I think the real issue we have is that we really have 1 (maybe 2) starting caliber D lineman on our team. Regardless of 4-3 or 3-4 we have one guy Williams and no one else.

Our O-line is not good but we have Wood, Levitre, Hangartner and maybe 1 OT. I think our biggest need has to be D-line. Edwards will be able to play in Gailey's offense because we'll run ala LJ and Priest Holmes. We need to draft or sign at least 2 Dlineman if not 3.
I hear you on the sarcasm...
I hope Schobel does not retire, that would give us two quality dline men, schobel and williams, I would love to find a new home for Maybin, and Lynch, possibly Whitner or Wilson who'm ever gets some value back, hell I'd package Maybin, Whitner and Lynch for a first, might even settle for a high second, any takers?? I would agree on the upgrade needed on the defensive line, althoguh I thought Kelsey had one of his best years (which isnt saying much), and maybe a run stuffing DT would go a long way in itsefl. I would agree that Wood, Levitre and Hangartner is a good interior oline, but we certainly need a LT, I can live with Meredith and Bultler at RT. As for Edwards I think he can be shipped off as well, he has not been the same since being knocked sensless by Adrian Wilson. We need alot of help, and this draft would be a good one to sacrifice a little from next years to build with depending on how things fall.
Firing John Guy is one more step in the right direction.
Anyone else wondering why Marty (I know he was not a R. Wilson favorite)and Brian B. were not interviewed? And am I the only one who doesnt understand why we couldnt wait to interview/talk to Frazier?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

No reason to get rid of Wilson, he should start for us. We just need to sign him first. Maybin is also not going anywhere.

Edwards has to be gone. New guy - Fitzy - Brohm or whoever else you want as a 3rd (Drew Willy!)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I want a QB in the draft..........Ryan Fitzpatrick is so clearly not the answer. If not a QB, we need OT. The only excuse for not taking a QB would be not wanting to expose him ala David Carr behind our ****** OL.