Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Rams like their Receiving core and don't see it as important to upgrade the position as a lot of fans do.

I think they would be fine with Avery, Robinson, Gibson, Burton, Amendola for next year. Maybe add a veteran Receiver.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree that WR is not a big isuue also. They just need to stay healthy.

I just looked at the TE list and saw that there at least 4 good prospects and if we can get one to drop to the 3rd round this is what I would like to see:

#1 pick - Suh
#2 pick - Mike Iupita, OL, Idaho
#3 pick - Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
#4 pick - Dan Lefevor, QB, Central Michigan
5 Round on best player available.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock:

1. ndamukong suh - dt
2. mike iupati - g
3. jd walton - c
4. darrell stucky - s
5. sean canfield - qb
6. chris carter - wr
7. jeff byars - g
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I think the Rams like their Receiving core and don't see it as important to upgrade the position as a lot of fans do.

I think they would be fine with Avery, Robinson, Gibson, Burton, Amendola for next year. Maybe add a veteran Receiver.
There is no way I would feel comfortable going into next season with Avery, Robinson, Gibson, Burton, and Amendola. None of these guys can stay healthy and none give us a big redzone presence. I'd really like to see a veteran added on FA, but if not, we desperately need an upgrade at receiver. This is arguably the worst receiving core in the NFL.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I don't think this team views wide receiver as one of the top priorities
Quote:
Yep, we're agreed there. But the team essentially took the same approach before last season, and the unit was one of the weakest in the league. A 1-15 team can't keep relying on the same guys to just suddenly step up and become studs; sometimes you have to go out and improve your talent. Which is why I'm saying, while they may not view it as a top need, you've got to consider going that route if a guy slips to them in the second round.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, Dan Lefevour, Sean Canfield.......and now Jevan Snead. All could be starting Quarterbacks at the next level that won't cost a 1st round pick.

I'd take Sam Bradford or Tony Pike over Jimmy Clausen.
Like I said, C. McCoy is simply a waste of a pick....no thanks.

How do you go Pike over Clausen?
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
JMAX12
Rookie

JMAX12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

news from espn.com
its rumored that a deal for vick could happen.
which would make suh the #1 pick
JMAX12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I have to agree that WR is not a big isuue also. They just need to stay healthy.

I just looked at the TE list and saw that there at least 4 good prospects and if we can get one to drop to the 3rd round this is what I would like to see:

#1 pick - Suh
#2 pick - Mike Iupita, OL, Idaho
#3 pick - Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
#4 pick - Dan Lefevor, QB, Central Michigan
5 Round on best player available.
Would be an amazing draft for the Rams. Suh on the DL would make them all better, Iupiti and Brown in front of Karney blocking for SJAX, Hernandez to give the QB a under guy, and LeFevor to groom. Very nice.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAX12 View Post
news from espn.com
its rumored that a deal for vick could happen.
which would make suh the #1 pick
Gonna need a link for that.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
JMAX12
Rookie

on espn its a insider only story
but if you google vick to rams, there are quite a few sites with the rumors
Old 01-15-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
on espn its a insider only story
but if you google vick to rams, there are quite a few sites with the rumors
If it's from their Rumors section and the title is, "New team wants Vick?" then all they're doing is citing this article from the Post Dispatch...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...5?OpenDocument

...which really doesn't report any new news. Again, unless it's a different story. Maybe I misread your post, but it came across as if you found something that suggested it was imminent. However just about every story I've seen has only gone so far as identifying the Rams as a possible team that could be interested. AKA speculation.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
JMAX12
Rookie

nahh sorry man. i didnt mean that it was like a for sure thing.
just that it was a serious possibility. and that it would pretty much lock in suh as our #1 pick, sorry for the confusion. the more i think about it, the more i like the idea. we could pick up a 4th or 5th round qb then, or try and get jake locker next year. then we can have an open qb battle and possibly let vick take over and see if he can still produce. he isnt going to help the passing game too much altho avery can use his speen and get deep now, but vick would be able to make some plays with his feet. and we can design plays for him. possible draft a scat back type and i also think if we got him we would deffiently need to draft hernandez or gresham, when vick played for atlanta he liked alge a lottt.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
nahh sorry man. i didnt mean that it was like a for sure thing.
just that it was a serious possibility. and that it would pretty much lock in suh as our #1 pick, sorry for the confusion. the more i think about it, the more i like the idea. we could pick up a 4th or 5th round qb then, or try and get jake locker next year. then we can have an open qb battle and possibly let vick take over and see if he can still produce. he isnt going to help the passing game too much altho avery can use his speen and get deep now, but vick would be able to make some plays with his feet. and we can design plays for him. possible draft a scat back type and i also think if we got him we would deffiently need to draft hernandez or gresham, when vick played for atlanta he liked alge a lottt.
Suh already is the pick (barring a trade down) no matter what happens in the free agency period. No Quarterback this year warrants a 1st overall selection.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Suh already is the pick (barring a trade down) no matter what happens in the free agency period. No Quarterback this year warrants a 1st overall selection.
But a defensive tackle does?
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
But a defensive tackle does?
Yes. Suh is arguably the best Defensive Tackle to come out in the last 10 years. No Quarterback in this years draft screams "franchise Quarterback" Rams shouldn't reach for a Quarterback just for the heck of it.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yes. Suh is arguably the best Defensive Tackle to come out in the last 10 years. No Quarterback in this years draft screams "franchise Quarterback" Rams shouldn't reach for a Quarterback just for the heck of it.
Exactly. and Suh isn't just the best in the last 10 years, but arguably all-time. Spags wins with his d-line, why not get the player that will help him the most?
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Unless you're sure in your feeling that the quarterback you're taking is a franchise top-caliber quarterback, then I'm not sure how you can pull the trigger on the guy first overall when there's another prospect who stands out as much as Suh.

Ultimately, and perhaps a completely obvious statement, but it's going to depend on how the Rams view Clausen or Bradford, whomever they regard as the top passer. If they think one (or either) of those guys can be the next Manning, Brees, Rodgers, they very well may pull the trigger.

But if the opinions in the Rams' draft room are as divided as most fans and pundits seem to be about whether there's a top franchise caliber quarterback available, then I suspect they go with Suh.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Example Alex Smith
Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested in your guys RFA situation. Is the organization still high on Atogwe? Any guesses on the tender you guys will offer him coming off of a season after being put on the IR? I haven't seen anything talked about here.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I'd be shocked if they didn't tender him at a first round value. They franchised him last year, so there's no reason to think they won't at least tender him at a reasonably high level.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Kiper's first mock is out, and he has the Rams taking...

Quote:
1. St. Louis Rams
Record: 1-15

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Nobody questions that the top need for the Rams is a quarterback. But unless St. Louis trades down -- an extremely difficult proposition on multiple levels -- it shouldn't take a quarterback with its first pick. Suh is maybe the most dominating defensive tackle I've seen in 32 years of doing this. He can be effective immediately for the Rams, and they may address the QB with a trade.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=4841432
(have to be an insider to see the whole draft, but the Rams' pick is available to all)
Old 01-20-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be shocked if they didn't tender him at a first round value. They franchised him last year, so there's no reason to think they won't at least tender him at a reasonably high level.
Which tender? 3.1 million or the 2.4 million. Did the safety play drop off when he went down for the year? Just something to think about from a FO standpoint also.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Which tender? 3.1 million or the 2.4 million. Did the safety play drop off when he went down for the year? Just something to think about from a FO standpoint also.
Atogwe wasn't having a great year, so I'm not sure how big of a dropoff there was whenever he left the line-up. But the Rams' depth at safety is not stellar, and again, I don't see much reason to not tender him with at least a first round value.

Do you envision a team giving him an offer sheet if he's tendered at a first round value (not first and third)?
Old 01-21-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Atogwe wasn't having a great year, so I'm not sure how big of a dropoff there was whenever he left the line-up. But the Rams' depth at safety is not stellar, and again, I don't see much reason to not tender him with at least a first round value.

Do you envision a team giving him an offer sheet if he's tendered at a first round value (not first and third)?
Not coming off a season where he was put on the IR. I don't know how much they value him...but lowest tender would net a 3rd round pick since he was drafted there. That'd be a ballsy move. Just curious on what you guys thought. Thanks for the input.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-21-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Scott was on Scout Radio yesterday (podcast here), and about half an hour into the broadcast, the Rams came up. Towards the end of the discussion, while Scott thought the quarterback situation was a big question mark for St. Louis, he let it slip that his next mock would have the Rams selecting Ndamukong Suh.