Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best scenario is bringing in some sort of advisor for Garrett. Same idea that they had last year. Maybe this year, they can figure something out. I agree with Ward. We're too talented to put up with this type of BS.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The best scenario is bringing in some sort of advisor for Garrett. Same idea that they had last year. Maybe this year, they can figure something out. I agree with Ward. We're too talented to put up with this type of BS.
It would be better if they just made Skip Peete or another coach coordinate the running game, the way Sparano did when Sean Payton was here.
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The stupid thing is that Garrett's system works. The guys have been under it now for a while and changing it completely would be a step backwards. So we're tied to the hip with Garrett for better or worse.

The problem is his playcalling selection/timing and lack for adjustments. The playbook is fine...if not great.

An advisor is the best route imo.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sorry to dissappoint you guys, but Terence Newman was added to the Pro Bowl roster. Happy for him. He played well down the stretch. Especially when everyone thought Desean Jackson would eat him alive 2 weeks in a row.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have any problems with Newman. He may not be elite anymore, but he's still one of the better corners in the game. His pay is too high, but he's still a good player that the team needs. He gets criticized too much, but that's the nature of the corner position. Everyone remembers when you get beat, but no one remembers when you shut down guys all game long. Like you said D. Desean Jackson.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Steve Smith(Panthers)...the other Smith ate his lunch I believe.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt say he's one of the better corners anymore. He doesnt deserve to be going to the pro bowl. But is normally the case, he gets a little more hate than he should be getting. But I'd agree a lot of hate has been warranted this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

At the same time... he never got the proper respect while he was good. This is only his 2nd Pro Bowl... So I don't mind the attention he gets. Pro Bowl has never really been about the real best...
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I don't have any problems with Newman. He may not be elite anymore, but he's still one of the better corners in the game. His pay is too high, but he's still a good player that the team needs. He gets criticized too much, but that's the nature of the corner position. Everyone remembers when you get beat, but no one remembers when you shut down guys all game long. Like you said D. Desean Jackson.
Umm, no he's not. He's not even the best Corner on his own team.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMN brought up an interesting point today. Garrett could maybe get a look in Oakland...god my fingers are crossed...although I doubt he'd take the job.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've thought about that myself and I think he'd actually be a pretty decent fit there...so long as he started Bruce instead of Russ. Which would go against Al's wishes. But anyway, I doubt it...I bet the Raiders will have yet another, odd or weak hiring like Fassel or some former old coordinator that doesnt deserve a head coaching job.

If he did call Garrett...Garrett is as cocky as they come. I wouldnt be shocked to see him take him up on it. But then again, he did turn down much more attractive jobs when he was a hot candidate.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think that Garrett runs an offense fit for what Al wants in Oakland so it'd be appealing...but Garrett has turned down better jobs. Maybe the 3-year Wade deal looming would be enough to push Garrett into another team...those behind the door future head coach talks might be gone imo.

Like I said tho...no real steam to this...just the last way to get Garrett out of town.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I haven't followed this thread enough, but since you guys are so adamant about getting Garrett out of here, who did you guys want to come in at OC?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Not sure if Dan Reeves would come...but thats what I'm high on. I want a veteran play caller in here. With Wes Phillips the offensive quality control coach I think he could be the young guy...learning from a vet like Reeves.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Veteran playcaller? This would be Garretts 4th year. He is becoming more veteran by the day. I'm sure he will fix his mistakes he had this year. He fixed plenty of mistakes from last year, so I think he'll do it again.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The thing is....did Jason Garrett do enough to get fired? Obviously me as a fan think we should move in another direction. But that is a BALLSY call for a GM to make...especially one with the family relationship that Jones's and Garrett's.

I think if this was truly Wades team and Wade had a OC he likes that the move could be made. That said, it's very unlikely that it happens. And we'll be much the same next year on offense. God thats depressing to say.
2nd in the league in yards doesn't get fired too often. It would be very ballsy.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
2nd in the league in yards doesn't get fired too often. It would be very ballsy.
hahaha man these guys are jumping off the handle. He's getting experience through each one of these games fella. I know everyone is looking for a scapegoat. He improved in the 2nd half of the season almost overnight. Why don't you guys think he won't continue to improve? I'm watching the replay of the game and JG had a GREAT game plan going in. They got beaten in the trenches....in one on one battles, over and over and over...It's that simple. The first two drives in the Minny game were damn near flawless...Pressure either busts pipes or makes diamonds...it just happened to bust a pipe or three over the weekend.

He's a smart man, and he's shown that he's learned from his mistakes. You guys need a scapegoat so badly I guess. Nothing teaches better than experience, and I'm willing to bet he continues to improve...Discredit the YPG all you want, but it's a very good stat to tell how a offense is able to manipulate the D. If you go look back at many of the games, the reasons the points don't match up are due to players losing their one on ones, or simply making boneheaded mistakes/penalties.

You guys are blaming Garrett for the team not coming to play. Flo goes down and he leaves Witten in to block(This is adjustment...is it not?) and he completely whiffs on two straight blocks. The first time for negative yardage for Felix, the 2nd time for the sack and fumble on Romo. So all of this "He couldn't adjust to the pressure" is only half true.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 01-20-2010 at 08:13 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Veteran playcaller? This would be Garretts 4th year. He is becoming more veteran by the day. I'm sure he will fix his mistakes he had this year. He fixed plenty of mistakes from last year, so I think he'll do it again.
I do think he will improve. The thing about it is that without a tutor, progress is much slower. From year 1 to year 3... the progress has been slow. Can't deny that he's still committing the same mistakes.

One day Garrett will be one of the best offensive minds in the game... but there's no doubt our team is his ginuea pig as he goes through his growing pains.

I'd like to see what Mike Martz would do with our talent.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Umm, no he's not. He's not even the best Corner on his own team.
Just because he's not the best on his team doesn't mean he's one of the better corners in the game. There are about 64 starting corners in the league, and he is definitely in the top half in terms of skill. He's a top 15-30 corner IMO. That's not elite, but that's not bad either.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Maybe I haven't followed this thread enough, but since you guys are so adamant about getting Garrett out of here, who did you guys want to come in at OC?
Billick, if he'd even be open to OC. Other than him I'd have to think about it.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Billick, if he'd even be open to OC. Other than him I'd have to think about it.
Billick, the QB killer??? Who could never get his offense going outside of handing the ball off to Jamal Lewis every play? No thanks.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont forget my favorite OC candidate for any team; Hue Jackson.
Loved him in Cincy as a WR and love what he has done in Baltimore as a QB coach. His stint in ATL as OC was too short lived and that was a tragic year for that franchise and shouldnt be held against him.

I would love to have him back in Cincy but I also think we are stuck with Brat.
Hue really turned TJ and Chad, to an extent Henry; into the great players they are today. I think he had a lot to do with them coming out as big time players and TJ going from 7th rounder to one of the best at what he does.
Could work wonders with what you guys have at WR and RB (He was Washingtons RB coach)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Billick, the QB killer??? Who could never get his offense going outside of handing the ball off to Jamal Lewis every play? No thanks.
Kyle Boller isn't the only QB Billick has worked with...
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought somebody posted here that Romo would be making the Pro Bowl since Brees and Favre can't make it? Just read McNabb is going to get the nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought somebody posted here that Romo would be making the Pro Bowl since Brees and Favre can't make it? Just read McNabb is going to get the nod.
What the hell? It was more an assumption more than anything but, wow. You'd figure he'd be right next in line...considering his season was next best in line compared to those other three that made it. bleh.

Pro Bowl voting suuuuuuuuucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS