Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
A review is the same thing as an investigation...let's really not go down that road.
You and I have discussed this before, and like I said prior it's bordering arguing semantics since "investigation" is such a broad term. But they're two different points in the process, and at this point, they're just reviewing the allegations against Tennessee's recruiting methods. They've interviewed about a half a dozen recruits, and I'm assuming from those statements, they'll decide to launch an official investigation which is much more in depth. It's silly to argue over the difference, but from my perception, I see as official investigation as clinch my butt and bite down on a stick time, where as a review isn't as hot of water yet.

In fact, in Mike Hamilton's press conference after Kiffin left for USC, a reporter asked about the "investigation," and Hamilton corrected him that it wasn't an investigation and just a review (And then followed it up with, "I know that sounds like I'm arguing semantics," hah). Writers have called in an "investigation" as well, but since it's a broad term and it's sexier than "review," I can't really blame them.

So yeah, I trust the word of UT's AD in this situation more than others, but by all means, keep the dream alive Cigaro!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You and I have discussed this before, and like I said prior it's bordering arguing semantics since "investigation" is such a broad term. But they're two different points in the process, and at this point, they're just reviewing the allegations against Tennessee's recruiting methods. They've interviewed about a half a dozen recruits, and I'm assuming from those statements, they'll decide to launch an official investigation which is much more in depth. It's silly to argue over the difference, but from my perception, I see as official investigation as clinch my butt and bite down on a stick time, where as a review isn't as hot of water yet.

In fact, in Mike Hamilton's press conference after Kiffin left for USC, a reporter asked about the "investigation," and Hamilton corrected him that it wasn't an investigation and just a review (And then followed it up with, "I know that sounds like I'm arguing semantics," hah). Writers have called in an "investigation" as well, but since it's a broad term and it's sexier than "review," I can't really blame them.

So yeah, I trust the word of UT's AD in this situation more than others, but by all means, keep the dream alive Cigaro!
Link? I know in the official statement it was referred to as a review, but I haven't seen anything about him correcting a reporter who called it an investigation.

And it is semantics. It's an investigation, plain and simple.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Link? I know in the official statement it was referred to as a review, but I haven't seen anything about him correcting a reporter who called it an investigation.

And it is semantics. It's an investigation, plain and simple.

It's the first question asked at 6:07. It's a NCAA review, not an investigation.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's the first question asked at 6:07. It's a NCAA review, not an investigation.
lol, he didn't say it was 'like' semantics, he said it was semantics. I don't think I need to argue further.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-22-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't think I need to argue further.
I figured you wouldn't after he confirmed my point that Tennessee isn't under NCAA investigation - it's under NCAA review. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there's a difference. Otherwise Hamilton wouldn't have corrected it. If the NCAA review finds any inconsistencies, that's when there will be an actual investigation.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Yeah. His press conference was impressive. Looked way more comfortable and genuine than Kiffin did last year. He said all the right things, now we'll see if he can walk the walk as well. We'll find out pretty quickly his recruiting skills.
Voodoo, I just wanted to take the time to remind you that I told you Kiffin was a loose-lips piece of ****. Mark my words, things will not end pretty for Kiffin at SC.

As far as Dooley, he seems like a high-character guy and I like him. I hope he can live up to the high expectations while doing it the right way. Good luck.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Victory X
Rookie

Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fail (10)
Victory X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some real gems in this thread.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Some real gems in this thread.
I misspelled "paid" on the first page.

Quote:
As a Vols fan who's payed attention to all the different reports come out over the past two days
Have some self respect, will you 2010 TH?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

The only thing you were missing was Kevin Steele.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I was never on the Gruden bandwagon.
^^^^^^^This was out of spite! I swear it!^^^^^^^