Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-24-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Super Bowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts 17 - New Orleans Saints 31

vs.

vs.

Last edited by MaxV : 01-24-2010 at 09:33 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Our rookies, the MVP, and our running game

It is understated how well Manning has played well in this playoffs. 5 TDs 1 INT compared to his 3 TDs, 7 INT performance in our SB winning season, notched against two top 5 Ds in the Ravens and Jets back-to-back. I think this is the best back-to-back playoff performance in Manning's career, IMO. At no point in time did he ever put our defense in a difficult spot. He is playing like a regular season MVP for the first time in the postseason too.

Garcon and Collie, boy have they exceeded expectations. I really felt Marvin Harrison could have really been detrimental to Manning's playoff career considering how many INTs were passes thrown Harrison's way, how little production Harrison had in his playoff career and most importantly how little Harrison took Wayne under his wing to teach him the nuances of the WR position like Wayne did with Garcon and Collie this year. I will take Wayne over Harrison in the postseason any day for that singular reason.

If only Garcon went over 100 yards, it is purely Garcon but if you have 2 WRs go over 100 yards in a playoff game, it is your MVP QB. #1 pass D, yeah right, wait till you play Manning for one full game.:)

Our running game, call it whatever you want but when we needed to run enough clock, were just effective enough. McAfee was spectacular as he has been throughout the season and this playoffs. Kudos to Polian for finding Garcon, Collie, and McAfee, we wouldn't be in the SB without those 3. Those guys are not only physical to fight jams at the line of scrimmage, they block for the run better than Gonzalez and Harrison too. I really wonder if Gonzo will be relegated to just a slot WR when he comes back. Man, the prospect is scary.

I'd prefer the Vikings since the number of wideouts our CBs have to cover will be fewer unlike the Saints that have too many options. We don't have a D-line like the Vikings to deal with the Saints' weapons but we have Manning that can handle both the Vikings and Saints' secondaries. However, I do like our DE's chances against both the Vikings and Saints OTs. Plus, if it was Brees vs Manning, Manning would be a clear favorite but if it was Favre vs Manning, Favre may get the analysts' nod more than Manning thus providing more ammo for the Colts' motivation. I would prefer the Vikings for all the above reasons.

Last edited by chad72 : 01-24-2010 at 07:45 PM.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our DBs got burned a bit vs. the Jets and we couldn't get off the field on several 3rd-and-longs. I hope we'll have Powers back for the SB.

As far as who we match up better against.

On offense, I would say we definitely prefer to play the Saints.
On defense, I would say that Vikings might be a better matchup, but not by much.

Vikings might not have as many WR options, but they do have more then enough and they have AD.

It's close, but I would say that Saints might be a better matchup for us. It would probably be a shootout and we have a good track record with shootouts.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Saints it is.

Very tough Matchup for our Defense.

Manning and Co. will need to put up a lot of crooked numbers on the board.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Saints' D played dirty

IMO, the Saints D had a lot of questionable hits on Favre. I hope the league fines them for it. I never thought I would say this about Saints' players but that D sure looked dirty.

If not for Favre coughing it up at the end of regulation and the Vikings' case of fumbilities, the refs bailing them out with a PI call in OT, and an incompletion called a completion, the Saints would have no business to be here.

Let the Saints franchise have its 2 weeks of glory, that will be their last win this season.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:23 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Favre got twisted up and had to be helped off the field, I thought it would be a better game for us to play the Vikings. But that old SOB just came back on the field and still made some plays. With weapons like Berrian, Shiancoe, Harvin, and Rice, I'd actually rather play the Saints. Either team would be a tough opponent so I guess it didn't really matter. Bring on the Saints!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys can't play any of your New Orleans born players against us. discuss!

NEvermind, to thank us for Peyton and Reggie, you can cough up some turnovers please, and bench Dwight Freeney.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
You guys can't play any of your New Orleans born players against us. discuss!

NEvermind, to thank us for Peyton and Reggie, you can cough up some turnovers please, and bench Dwight Freeney.
Well, in that case you can't play a guy who played his college ball for Purdue in Indy (Drew Brees). :)
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit! That's not fair, because I let you keep Joe Addai.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I forgot about Porter and Roby. Both are standout Hoosier products.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got this off of Freddie's facebook.. Go Colts! (don't worry he's my cousin so.. I'm not weird like that hahaha)

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always liked Freddie K. Met him once in person and he was a nice guy. He had a serious stand out game vs. the Pats when he was either a rookie or first year guy, 10+ tackles and he was just all over the field. He never quite got back to that level though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-28-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just happy the only two Fijians in the league are related to me.. Freddie being one of them

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default You guys probably heard of this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...njure-manning/

To me, if the Saints' fans come back whining about questionable 15 yard penalties, they can thank Gregg Williams for it.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

That's very classy on the part of Williams.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You stay classy Gregg Williams.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default Not just PFT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...s-into-sinners

Others have caught on, too.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Default Freeney is injured

$#%@!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=4874674

I hope he can still go and be effective, even if in limited role.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colts are going to win.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
$#%@!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=4874674

I hope he can still go and be effective, even if in limited role.
I've heard it suggested that he and Mathis should switch so Freeney can pivot off of his left leg. IMO that'd be better than him not playing at all.

I still think we can win without him, but it will be a lot harder.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-02-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good luck on the game and handling the pre game stress, I hope you guys will hate the result but I hope its going to be a good one. Ill try and keep the trolling to a minimum, btw are you guys as stressed out as I am?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm calm.

Even if Freeney will go, I think Brock will get the majority of snaps. We might need to blitz a bit more in this game.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm not stressed. Excited, but not really stressed, no. Freeney will probably only be rotated in for obvious passing situations, which I expect will be hard with Payton calling the plays. Probably a lot of throws on 1st and 2nd down and changes to run plays when Freeney comes in.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-02-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default I take it that you are a Saints fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
good luck on the game and handling the pre game stress, I hope you guys will hate the result but I hope its going to be a good one. Ill try and keep the trolling to a minimum, btw are you guys as stressed out as I am?
I am assuming you are a Saints fan. Losses happen, one team has to lose. If that team happens to be the Colts, I'd personally rather lose to Brees and the Saints than Favre & the Vikings, enough said.:)

It is a media circus and a 24/7 world of hype we live in, the best thing is tune everything out and come back for kickoff on SB Sunday. I am never able to enjoy the pre-game festivities of my team because all I care about is the result of the game. But if my team wins, I regret not enjoying the time leading up to it. Someday, maybe someday, I will learn to relax and care two hoots about the game and be able to separate tailgating from the actual game, win or lose.

I am sure winning 2 SBs will help as a Colts fan. Anything else for Manning, I would consider gravy as a fan regardless of how serious the team is.:)
Old 02-03-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with Chad. Before the Bears/Colts SB 3 years ago I was a bit worried how the team would play, but that was just nerves blasting off. This year, I feel pretty relaxed, the Colts have shown they are capable of beating anyone anywhere regardless of the style that teams play against them. That said, the Saints team is the best team they will play all year in all 3 phrases. If the Colts lose, sure I'll be bummed about it, but at least the Saints would then get a huge W for their franchise and for the entire region.

Really don't find the things that G.Williams said last week insulting or anything, he's a D Coordinator, what else is he suppose to say? The media, who have nothing to really write about this time of the year, really just went with that and ran with the story and grossly blew it out of proportion. Brees and Pierre Thomas are both Big Ten players, which I typically root for when they make it to the NFL. It was great watching Brees set all kind of records while at Purdue under Tiller's version of the Spread and great to see a non-traditional Big Ten power win games. Football wise, Brees put that program back on the map. Sean Payton was my universities all time leading QB stats wise going back to the mid 1980s, at Eastern Illinois, until Tony Romo came along, so it's hard to root against him as a coach.

Like Chad, I don't watch much to any pre-game stuff. Rather spend time with friends than listening to any pregame deal. and family I find that if I do, the game is just less enjoyable to watch. Just show the game, that's all I care about.

More than anything, I want to see a well played game w/out injuries by either team. Like the Colts chances of winning the game, but if they don't ithen it means a great team, the Saints have won for a great city.