Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
No reason to get rid of Wilson, he should start for us. We just need to sign him first.
Agreed We would be paying alot for two SS's, to move Whitner or not to move Whitner...

Maybin is also not going anywhere.
Uhh... I know, if we move to the 3-4 then maybe there is a chance, if we stay 4-3, the vomit taste in my mouth is gaining strength...

Edwards has to be gone. New guy - Fitzy - Brohm or whoever else you want as a 3rd (Drew Willy!)
Amen
Personnally if Clausen is gone, I would not touch one of the other QB's in this draft until the 4th round... I would prefer to build the team so that a qb can come in and have a chance...
Locker or Mallatt next year? Who's with me?
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Mallatt, a lot. I like Locker tho. I want Clausen or an OT in rd.1.....anything else is totally unacceptable imo unless there is a huge freefall by someone.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I hate Mallatt, a lot. I like Locker tho. I want Clausen or an OT in rd.1.....anything else is totally unacceptable imo unless there is a huge freefall by someone.
Mallett grew on me a little at the end of the season, I will be interested to see if Locker can continue to develop next year, if he does as I believe he will I think he will be the best overall qb to come into the draft in two years. I agree with Clausen or an LT in round one, Clausen needs work, and is not the most athletic qb around, nor do I feel as good of a prospect as Stafford or Ryan who have come out in recent years, but is hands down the best available option this year for my money. Unless McCoy falls or McClain presents the best value I am with you that everything else is unacceptable...
Why so much hate for Mallett? Desides the over throws...
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills hire Giff Smith as OLB coach per PFT.

Sounds like we are moving to a 3-4 guys.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/inde...owtopic=107087
Quote:
Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb
I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Bills hire Giff Smith as OLB coach per PFT.

Sounds like we are moving to a 3-4 guys.
Awwww ***. Noooooo

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

[quote=redbills;1990705]Bills hire Giff Smith as OLB coach per PFT.

Sounds like we are moving to a 3-4 guys.[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that??
Georgia Tech ran a 4-2-4-1 "Wolf" defense if I remember correctly, with the extra "1" being a safety/corner hybrid, similar to the role Whitner played this year at times... Smith was a defensive line coach with 4 down lineman...
Old 01-27-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
We have safeties which the Eagles could use, but McNabb being 34, oft injured, and playing behind the Bills offensive line is not an ideal situation. What would the trade look like? If it involves anything higher than a 3rd or more likely 4th round pick, I would vomit... Whitner straight up?? Whitner is only 24 years old, and still has plenty of career ahead of him... Do we have the personel to fit a west coast offense, or is McNabb gonna learn a whole new offense after 12 or so years in the west coast offense? I would do it if it did not involve any real significant value, which I am sure the eagles would look for in return... McNabb to the Vikings if Farve "retires" makes more sense... As does McNabb to the Browns, or Panthers even...

Last edited by Poz51 : 01-27-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Default Uniforms...

Am I the only one who thinks the current uni's suck horribly, and the team should adopt the vintage ones full time, or move in another direction?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post

What makes you say that??
Georgia Tech ran a 4-2-4-1 "Wolf" defense if I remember correctly, with the extra "1" being a safety/corner hybrid, similar to the role Whitner played this year at times... Smith was a defensive line coach with 4 down lineman...
Why have a OLB coach instead of a LB coach? Some teams that run 3-4 have OLB & ILB coach. I don't think any team that runs a 4-3 have both they just have a LB coach.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the current uni's suck horribly, and the team should adopt the vintage ones full time, or move in another direction?
On madden I just use the throwback helment (standing buffalo) and have the current blue pants and jersey, they look slick.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Vic Fangio DC?
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010...egun#storyjump

It is speculation but hey makes some sense.

Dat Nguyen to Bills?
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

ILB coach?

Quote:
Reports out of Dallas say Cowboys assistant linebackers coach Dat Nguyen is leaving Wade Phillips' staff. Nguyen played under Bills coach Chan Gailey when Gailey was head coach of the Cowboys in 1999. He has been on the Cowboys' staff since 2007. He had a good relationship with Gailey, and is a prospect to join the Bills' defensive staff.

Last edited by redbills : 01-27-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...12-e28749931a34

Quote:
Curtis Modkins has been hired as the team’s offensive coordinator/running backs coach, Bob Bicknell as tight ends coach, Joe D’Alessandris as offensive line coach, Kevin Patullo as offensive quality control and Giff Smith as defensive assistant.

Gailey also elected to keep two of the most veteran assistants from the Bills previous coaching staff as George Catavolos will remain as secondary coach and Bob Sanders will also continue to serve on the defensive side of the ball.
CURTIS MODKINS (offensive coordinator/running backs coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/curtis_modkins/

JOE D'ALESSANDRIS (offensive line coach)
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:eN4jKA...=clnk&gl=us

BOB BICKNELL (tight ends coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/bob_bicknell/

KEVIN PATULLO (offensive quality control)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/kevin_patullo/

Giff Smith (defensive assistant)
http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...ith_giff00.html

Last edited by redbills : 01-27-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personnally if Clausen is gone, I would not touch one of the other QB's in this draft until the 4th round... I would prefer to build the team so that a qb can come in and have a chance...
Locker or Mallatt next year? Who's with me?
I'm leaning towards this feeling as well. If we don't invest in some OTs then it won't matter who we take, they'll be David Carr 2.0
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

So i might have a job with the buffalos Bills soon, and to be completely honest i do not know too much about the bills. So i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the Bills. What are the their draft needs, Philosophy, best players, and random information. Thanks again guys.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the moment we need...

-Quarterback - Buddy Nix said that you need a strong-armed QB in Buffalo's climate. You need to be able to make all the throws downfield. Obviously, Edwards and Fitzpatrick can't do that, and Brohm has only started one game.

- Left Tackle - The Bills started out with Demetrius Bell at LT; someone whose only been in football for a few years. He's very raw, but showed flashes of being a good player, but also had many mental lapses with his constant false starts, holdings, etc. We need to bring in another player here because we cannot rely on an inexperienced player to man the most important position on the line.

-Offensive-Line depth - Eric Wood had that horrific leg injury but looked very promising prior to that. I have read mixed reports that he will/will not be able to return to his pre-injury form. Others argue that Geoff Hangartner is just a stop gap at center, but it's hard to tell. He looked good in some games and looked pretty bad in others. We also signed players throughout the season to provide depth... Richie Incognito, Kendall Simmons, Kirk Chambers, etc.

Wide Receiver - Once Owens leaves we're back in the same hole we were a few years ago - no legitimate threat opposite of Evans. This leads back to Evans being double-covered and thus taking him out of the game. His main threat is his speed but with a noodle-armed QB this really takes his best ability out of play.

Defense:

I have absolutely no idea if we're switching to a 3-4 or sticking with the 4-3.
Since we recently hired Giff Smith to be our OLB coach, many are assuming this means that we are switching to a 3-4. I know that if we do indeed stick with a 4-3, though, there are a couple holes we need to fix...

-Defensive Tackle - Marcus Stroud is aging and his play is declining. The run-defense was absolutely atrocious this past season and needs to be fixed if this team wants to get anywhere. There's really not much else to say here besides that we need a big run-stuffer in the middle.

-Outside Linebacker - Keith Ellison should not be a starter in the NFL at this point in time. His play is just flat-out terrible. We need someone in here who can bring this D to the next level.

At the moment, our best players IMO are...
-Jairus Byrd
-Fred Jackson
-Terrence McGee
-Aaron Schobel (who is contemplating retirement)
-Brian Moorman
-Lee Evans

Hope this helps out. Sorry if it's not as detailed as you wanted but I need to get some sleep.
PM or just ask any more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i was told that QB is going to be the way you guys are looking for the draft. but you did not hear that from me ;)
Old 01-30-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

So is the word TO is gone from Buffalo or is there a shot her returns?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

gone, they are going to look through the draft cause they want to get younger. what i got from it was rebuilding without saying the word "rebuilding"
Old 01-30-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you all think of my new mock?

Check signature.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

need a stronger armed QB but otherwise not bad.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
need a stronger armed QB but otherwise not bad.
LeFevour was my favorite part!! How can you say his arm isn't strong after the Senior Bowl?
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i didnt see the senior bowl.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/124112/tea...-buffalo-bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
So i might have a job with the buffalos Bills soon, and to be completely honest i do not know too much about the bills. So i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the Bills. What are the their draft needs, Philosophy, best players, and random information. Thanks again guys.
???????????????