Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Thought I'd bring this back to the top with a quick question:

If you could improve one position on this team (within reason), which would it be, who would it be, and how would you do it?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Thought I'd bring this back to the top with a quick question:

If you could improve one position on this team (within reason), which would it be, who would it be, and how would you do it?
FS Reggie Nelson in Round 1. It's the most sensible move imo.

The #1 need is an elite NT imo, but I don't see any way within reason to get one.

Priority Needs in order:
NT
FS
OT
OLB
OG
WR
CB
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:15 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
FS Reggie Nelson in Round 1. It's the most sensible move imo.

The #1 need is an elite NT imo, but I don't see any way within reason to get one.

Priority Needs in order:
NT
FS
OT
OLB
OG
WR
CB
You don't see DE as a priority need?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with Coleman getting away we only have Spears, Canty, and Hatcher at DE. I'd say we need at least one more through FA or draft. Id put it at the bottom of D's list.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
with Coleman getting away we only have Spears, Canty, and Hatcher at DE. I'd say we need at least one more through FA or draft. Id put it at the bottom of D's list.
Fortunately, the draft is supposed to be deep in defensive ends this year. Hopefully we can pick one up to replace Coleman in the middle rounds.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think right now RT is our biggest need. I would say Marc Columbo in FA or Blalock in the draft and let him play the position he played 3 years as a starter for Texas at before being moved because of injuries.

Then my needs would be in this order
FS----Brandon Merriweather
NT----Antonio Johnson
OG---Mid Round guy
DE---Mid to late round guy
WR----Future #1 or #2
LB--Either spot late
CB---Future Lockdown opposite Newman

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are we forgetten about Ratliff? He has done nothing but exceed expectations since he was drafted. I think he should get the other DE spot opposite Hatcher.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowen is a bit taller taller than Ratliff though. They will probably give Ratliff the #2 NT and Bowen will probably compete for a backup DE spot.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should still draft one early second day
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now, I think we re-sign Colmbo, and then our see our draft as such:

1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
2. Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
3. Gabe Hall, OT, Texas Tech
4. John Beck, QB, BYU
5. Stanley Doughty, NT, South Car
6. Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
7. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one here who thinks Drew Tate would be the optimal backup behind Romo. Both have very similar games. Above average smarts. I really want to see him in Dallas...whether he is a UDFA or a 7th round pick.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Nelson ran the 40 once in a time of 4.35 seconds. He had a 35-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-6 broad jump, ran 4.15 in the short shuttle and 6.70 in the three-cone drill. Nelson looked very good in the drills and may well have improved his stock."

FYI
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

You don't even have a FS in the draft?!?!?!

Mine would be:

(Including us signing Colombo)

1. Reggie Nelson, FS, Florida
2. DeMarcus Tyler, NT, N.C. State
3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
4. Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, U.T.E.P.
5. Isiah Stanback, QB, Washington St.
BPA for the rest.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
"Nelson ran the 40 once in a time of 4.35 seconds. He had a 35-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-6 broad jump, ran 4.15 in the short shuttle and 6.70 in the three-cone drill. Nelson looked very good in the drills and may well have improved his stock."

FYI
I just read that too, from his pro-day. Dang it. D-Unit, do you think he will still fall to us?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanback...lol please be joking.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

It was, I wanted to see what you guys say. I would pick Beck, like Staubach 12 did.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
It was, I wanted to see what you guys say. I would pick Beck, like Staubach 12 did.
Maybe you need a new 1st round?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

The jags won't take him, and the pats pick after us. But if they do, so be it, take robert meachum.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't even have a FS in the draft?!?!?!

Mine would be:

(Including us signing Colombo)

1. Reggie Nelson, FS, Florida
2. DeMarcus Tyler, NT, N.C. State
3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
4. Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, U.T.E.P.
5. Isiah Stanback, QB, Washington St.
BPA for the rest.
The team is very high on Watkins.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post

1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
4. John Beck, QB, BYU
7. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA
I would puke at that draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post

1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
4. John Beck, QB, BYU
7. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA
i see WR as a high possibility due to the fact Jerry is pretty high on watkins and he doesn't value o-line as first round talent. the only other place would be DT...which would be pretty weak at #22 ...if Dwayne Bowe or Jarrett is there jerry might take him...or unless Jarvis moss is there at 22 which isn't likely due to he should be drafted higher and it would be our 3rd straight year of draft an olb r.1 ...it seems very likely at this point.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see us taking a safety at 22 or trading down
1) safety
2) offensive lineman (quality Depth)
3) Defensive end (with only hatcher as real backup)
4) NT
5) OLB
rest of draft BPA

Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual : 03-07-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I would puke at that draft.
I was going to say the same thing, but I know if I said it I would get ripped apart. That draft is horrible, no offense.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
I was going to say the same thing, but I know if I said it I would get ripped apart. That draft is horrible, no offense.
what are you talking about hes drafting an offensive player(Bowe) in the first round?!?!?!?!!?

haha....jk. I too think that draft is poop. First day should be:

1. CB/S
2. DE
3. WR

this is in the event we sign Colombo.

Last edited by bigmac076 : 03-08-2007 at 11:27 AM.
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
whaty are you talking about hes drafting an offensive player(Bowe) in the first round?!?!?!?!!?

haha....jk. I too think that draft is poop. First day should be:

1. CB/S
2. DE
3. WR

this is in the event we sign Colombo.
This would be ideal for me. Assuming the value is there, etc.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote