Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I read Davis really came on as a blocker as the season progressed. I'd take Davis every day over Greg Olsen. I love Olsen but his potential is nowhere near Davis'. That was a pretty ignorant statement saying what potential. He didn't go #6 overall in a strong class because he ran a 4.38.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis had a nice season as a blocker. The coaches fixed his technique. I saw how much he progressed on ESPN's "Welcome to the NFL Rookie." He also finished out the season very well. He was getting 3-4 catches per game, and even had three games of 20+ YPC average.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Davis had a nice season as a blocker. The coaches fixed his technique. I saw how much he progressed on ESPN's "Welcome to the NFL Rookie." He also finished out the season very well. He was getting 3-4 catches per game, and even had three games of 20+ YPC average.
And that was a 10 game season too, coming off a broken leg.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Brodrick Bunkley
I sure hope so. I think he can do it too, as long as he stays in shape and works hard.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Cortland Finnegan - Strong rookie season, and depending on what happens, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up as a starting corner for them.
Nice, a Finnegan mention. I might give some positive rep for that, lol. Kid is fast as blazes, and even though he's not very big, he's aggressive and a great tackler. He played well in the nickel, and even started one game on the outside and played great. The Eagles tested him about 2-3 times deep in that game, and he didn't give up anything.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Carpenter will see the field this year...I'm going with him.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Zemaitis and Stovall can get some PT.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
From what I read Davis really came on as a blocker as the season progressed. I'd take Davis every day over Greg Olsen. I love Olsen but his potential is nowhere near Davis'. That was a pretty ignorant statement saying what potential. He didn't go #6 overall in a strong class because he ran a 4.38.
Then why did he shoot up draft boards so much as the draft got closer and closer? It certainly wasn't from his game film and what he could do when he had pads on.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think Mario Williams and Vernon Davis explode next year.
You mean they blow up and their guts are all over the field? sweet.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Wow a lot of Vernon Davis. I think he is going to be extremely average his whole career.

My bet on a breakout would be Bunkley and Maroney will absolutely shine even more with the expanded role he most likely will be getting. Also Rocky McIntosh is the Skins brain trust is smart enough to get him on the field more.
Are you being serious Jughead10? I know I have said a ton of ignorant things, but to say Vernon Davis going to be very average is insane. Have you seen him? He is a freak. HOFer easy. And I am a Cowboy fan. He is a beast, how can you possibly think he won't be good?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Are you being serious Jughead10? I know I have said a ton of ignorant things, but to say Vernon Davis going to be very average is insane. Have you seen him? He is a freak. HOFer easy. And I am a Cowboy fan. He is a beast, how can you possibly think he won't be good?
The fact that you already tagged him as a HOF makes me feel even more confident in my original statement.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Then why did he shoot up draft boards so much as the draft got closer and closer? It certainly wasn't from his game film and what he could do when he had pads on.
He had a chance at 10 before the combine. TE's with his physical capabilities, not only of speed, but power, are rare. Did he shoot up because he dominated the combine? Sure, but doesn't that mean he has more potential and actually production? Kind of contradicting yourself now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He had a chance at 10 before the combine. TE's with his physical capabilities, not only of speed, but power, are rare. Did he shoot up because he dominated the combine? Sure, but doesn't that mean he has more potential and actually production? Kind of contradicting yourself now.

Perhaps im wrong, and feel free to correct me if i am, but didnt vernon davis lead the ACC in receiving yards? That too, over calvin johnson?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Davis lead the ACC in recieving yards and also most people dragged with him.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Reggie Bush will have an awesome year...and put up crazy numbers!
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cromartie should have a huge year, one more year to recover from his injuries
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I couldn't come up with good Bengals examples despite my sig giving me a massive hint.

Ahmad Brooks should bust out, he will be a starter and have all preseason to get used to the speed of the game and offense (unlike last year). He'll be at SLB if Odell comes back or MLB if he doesn't. I really expect him to be a force (not that I'm biased or anything).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here we go...

Offense...
Matt Leinart - He looked good, if they can improve that O-Line at all he is set for a big season.
Leonard Pope - The other big reason Leinart will improve, Pope should give them a lot from the TE position.
Jay Cutler - Has weapons, has skill and has an offseason behind him. Should be a good one.
DeAngelo Williams - Is the man, should blow up and be exciting as all hell.
Santonio Holmes - Should improve the most of everyone. Has the ability to be a legit #1 reciever.
D'Brickashaw Ferguson - Will continue to mature and whilst he wont just blow up(given how good he already is) he will be a top 5 LT by seasons end.
Nick Mangold - Same as Brick only at C.
Marcus McNeil - Not quite as good as Brick but will be a monster and the go to guy on a very good line.
Chad Jackson - Tough one to call, if he can participate in the whole camp and preseason I think he can be their starter, depends a lot on what Gaffney does in camp also though because he may very well blow up next year.
Joseph Addai - Will be even better. Again, not a blow up, but a noticeable improvement here.
Brodie Croyle - This one depends on Green, if he goes, Croyle gets an excellent chance.

Defense
Michael Huff - Will improve a lot. Which is scary considering he was pretty good already.
Mario Williams - Needs to get it next year or he becomes a franchise ruining pick.
Haloti Ngata - The man is a monster.
Chad Greenway - If he can get and stay healthy. Was unlucky last year.
Kamerion Wimbley - Will improve out of sight.
Devin Hester - Will show something other than bigtime ST ability.
AJ Hawk - Scary good already, will be amongst the elite by seasons end.
Tye Hill - Will improve further.
Manny Lawson - Will gain the consistency he lacked last year and start to make the big plays more often.
Jonathon Joseph - Will get caught in possession of something or a DUI... Thats improvement for a Bengal right?
Roman Harper - Will win back his starting job and make an impact.
Frostee Rucker - Can be an impact guy. I dont even have to make the whole "if he can stay out of trouble" argument right?
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santonio Holmes Homerrific

Man I hate this guy
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think D'Brickashaw will ever be a top five left tackle. He just doesn't have the build to keep weight on, and that leads to him getting pushed around a lot. I think he'll be a servicable starter for a long time, but I don't ever see him becoming "elite."
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Wink

Here is homer pick for you

Devin Hester - because the Bears will use him on offense next year.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think D'Brick will always be a good LT because the primary job of a LT is to protect the QB's blind side, but he will never be a great LT because he'll never be an elite road grader type in the run game and will continue to have trouble with the bull rush unless he puts on some weight, he'll be good for awhile though. I look for Joseph to become one of the better players on the Cincy D and move to be the #1 corner, and Ahmad Brooks will have a good season IMO. A guy who could make an impact this year but won't ever have the stats is Jason Pociask of the New York Jets, he was injured last year but could really help the Jets' run game out as a blocker if he gets PT.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ernie Sims
Old 03-08-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Homer Picks

Mike Huff: Played real well but his impact didn't show up much on the stat sheet (except for shutting down opposing TE's). He will ball hawk more as he becomes more comfortable.

Thomas Howard: Will become more of a threat in the pass coverage and blitz game as he learns under Rob Ryan.

The Rest

Bunkley: Really liked this guy coming out and I think he's going to be a star

Vernon: As much as I hate to say this, as soon as he learns his assignments (heard he struggled with that last year) and develops a connection with Alex he is going to be a Pro Bowler for years.

Cutler/Leinert: They are both going to be studs. I'm pissed we have to see Cutler 2x a year forever.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mathias Kiwanuka - Didn't exactly "underperform", but he was not a starter until our DEs got injured. He may move to SLB due to his natural athleticism and make a big impact

Sinorice Moss - Injured much of last year. Look for him to come in and become the gamebreaker we expected. Whether it be as our slot guy or return man.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote