Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-28-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Did I not get 500 Days of Summer or something?

I thought it was about as average as a movie could be. The kind where I barely make it to the end and feel absolutely no desire to ever watch it again?

Is it another one of those No Country for Old Men where people like it simply for trying to be different? It just had nothing really going for it? It wasn't funny, it wasn't dramtic, it wasn't heartwrenching, it was just meh?

Ditto. Watchmen was 300 in 2009 for me. So much unrealised potential, the movie itself was solid, but it should and could have been a lot more.

Absolutely no way that I Love You, Man can be ahead of the Hangover. One was the funniest movie I can remember watching in quite some time, the other was a good solid movie.

You also like Public Enemies a lot more than me, thought it was solid but far from great. Certainly not better than Avatar, District 9, Star Trek, Up or The Hangover, just from movies I've seen on that list.

There are a bunch of movies that I need to see that are out at the moment or were out, like half that list I want to but haven't seen.
See, I found it to be all of those things. I loved it. I agree with you on Public Enemies though, it was a huge disappointment for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Alright well I decided to go with Adaptation. It had been on my short list for a while and now I regret having put it off for so long. Kaufman is a ******* genius.
You are just realizing this now? The man is a god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You are just realizing this now? The man is a god.
Ahhhhhh! Polytheist! Burn him at the stake!
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of NCFOM I just watched that recently for the first time in ages and loved it even more this time around. The first 20 or so minutes of that movie is mesmerizing.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved 500 days. Very good acting, fantastic script, perfect ending. Everything about that movie worked for me.

Darling, I don't know how to tell you this, but... there's a Chinese family in our bathroom.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh dear God, I remember hearing rumors of this a couple years back, but didn't want to believe it.

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Ditto. Watchmen was 300 in 2009 for me. So much unrealised potential, the movie itself was solid, but it should and could have been a lot more.
I think too many people are punishing Watchmen and Public Enemies for not living up to their potential. If you just take them for what they are and don't compare them to what they could have been then I think they are both very good movies. I think that if both movies lived up to their potential they could be #1 and #2 on my list.

Quote:
Absolutely no way that I Love You, Man can be ahead of the Hangover. One was the funniest movie I can remember watching in quite some time, the other was a good solid movie.
See that is how I felt. I Love You, Man was one of the funniest movies of the the last few years while the Hangover was just an above average comedy. I know I'm a Paul Rudd fanboy but I enjoyed I Love You, Man much more than the Hangover which was too over-the-top in my opinion. It tried too hard to get laughs by being way too unrealistic.

Quote:
You also like Public Enemies a lot more than me, thought it was solid but far from great. Certainly not better than Avatar, District 9, Star Trek, Up or The Hangover, just from movies I've seen on that list.
I already commented a bit on Public Enemies, so I'll comment on the other movies. Avatar was nothing special as an overall movie. I saw it twice. The first time was in a regular theater and I thought it was horrible. It had every movie cliche imaginable and I knew exactly what was going to happen, just before it happened. I'm glad I ended up going to see it in 3-D because the visuals were everything they were hyped up to be. With that said, visuals can only take a movie so far when then movie severely lacking in story. District 9 was also very overrated to me. What's so special about this movie? Like I said earlier in this thread, if I never see it again then I won't be upset. As far as Star Trek and Up go, I think my 6-11 is pretty interchangeable.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I think too many people are punishing Watchmen and Public Enemies for not living up to their potential. If you just take them for what they are and don't compare them to what they could have been then I think they are both very good movies. I think that if both movies lived up to their potential they could be #1 and #2 on my list.

See that is how I felt. I Love You, Man was one of the funniest movies of the the last few years while the Hangover was just an above average comedy. I know I'm a Paul Rudd fanboy but I enjoyed I Love You, Man much more than the Hangover which was too over-the-top in my opinion. It tried too hard to get laughs by being way too unrealistic.

I already commented a bit on Public Enemies, so I'll comment on the other movies. Avatar was nothing special as an overall movie. I saw it twice. The first time was in a regular theater and I thought it was horrible. It had every movie cliche imaginable and I knew exactly what was going to happen, just before it happened. I'm glad I ended up going to see it in 3-D because the visuals were everything they were hyped up to be. With that said, visuals can only take a movie so far when then movie severely lacking in story. District 9 was also very overrated to me. What's so special about this movie? Like I said earlier in this thread, if I never see it again then I won't be upset. As far as Star Trek and Up go, I think my 6-11 is pretty interchangeable.
Transparency in comedy is one of the most annoying things to me. That's exactly how I see things like Will Ferrel and Dane Cook. **** that ****.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting round two of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
"Movie ABC's Game"

How to play.

Simply start with the letter “A,” and post the title of one of your favorite movies. The next player posts their favorite movie title beginning with a letter “B.” For instance, post the title “Apocalypse Now.” The next player could post the movie title “Battlefield Earth.”
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being John Malkovich.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coraline (Not Caroline!)

Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eyes Wide Shut.

Old VHS poster ftw.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Fantastic Mr Fox.

Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodfellas.
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Too easy.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
oh dear God, I remember hearing rumors of this a couple years back, but didn't want to believe it.
makes me want to watch Wall Street.

Also, as an Oliver Stone fan, I'm compelled to at least DL it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

I'm not allowing any other movie here.

Last edited by Job : 01-29-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My internets is not very solid. I blew it.

(<3 In Bruges. Hate this post.)

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 01-29-2010 at 11:34 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

K... ... King Kong?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
K... ... King Kong?
I'd go with Kill Bill.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'd go with Kill Bill.
You are right.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know J comes after I.

Also, don't group Watchmen in with Public Enemies P-L. Watchmen was a damn good movie and Public Enemies is a boring nothing fest.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 01-29-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You know J comes after I.
Yup. McGee's pic that doesn't show is for that J letter, you ignorant fool!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I vant to see. I vant to see very badly. I can't find copy with english subtitles. **** me for sleeping through french class.