Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-18-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Coaching Changes (Assistants not HC)

So are there any coaching changes that need to be done? Does anyone feel Mattison should be gone? Does Cam stay around long term much like Indy has with Moore?

With Mike Nolan out there as a D-Co maybe we could bring him in to work with Mattison and have him coach the "Pass Rush" game plan or some other BS title just to get him a role...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nolan got fired?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
53 for 60
Rookie

53 for 60 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If he hasnt already its been rumored that Nolan will end up in Miami as a defensive coordinator.

The one name I hope we don't hear too much is Hue Jackson. He already has interviewed with Oakland. I think Flacco needs one more year with him combined with an improved wr group.
53 for 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nolan has been hired by the Dolphins already. I also don't think that losing Jackson would hurt Flacco's development. Cameron stated in the past that he alone would be teaching Flacco because he only wants one voice in his head.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of the HC. I want to go on a killing spree hearing these people bashing the front office because we took harbuagh over Ryan. If we bumped Ryan to HC it would be the same thing as the billick administration just a different man up top.

Also I wouldnt mind Mattison leaving, yes we had a top 5 defense I just hate his system, we are pissing away all this talent. This talent is built for an attacking 34. and the past couple of years the best D was a attacking 34
Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
53 for 60
Rookie

53 for 60 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Nolan has been hired by the Dolphins already. I also don't think that losing Jackson would hurt Flacco's development. Cameron stated in the past that he alone would be teaching Flacco because he only wants one voice in his head.
I agree with you to a certain extent. My point is the Flacco-Jackson relationship is more about the comfort and sense of normalcy. For example, Jackson was the one calling Flacco and talking for hours about the playbook when Flacco couldnt practice because of the graduation rule. The two have a great relationship and I'd like to see Flacco take that next step before Jackson leaves.
53 for 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that I love John Harbaugh. He's an amazing, and classy headcoach. Best head coach in the NFL
Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Harbaugh is far and away the right choice for our organization but his real chops will come this season to see how he does now that he has a QB that has proven himself in the league, a Pro Bowl RB and a veteran defense
Old 01-25-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of coaching changes...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-reel-in-pees/

Quote:
We recently reported that former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees was not a candidate to assume the same position in Denver because he had lined up something else.

Per a league source, Pees will be the new linebackers coach in Baltimore.

The status of Ravens linebackers coach Vic Fangio, who has worked for the team since 2006, isn't known.
I'm a bit surprised to say the least. Pees tenure in New England wasn't anything special (or good for that matter) and I believe Fangio was a candidate for our DC position last year. Meh, I guess I'm not too concerned about it.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I still wish we bumped up Clarence Brooks as our DC. But yea i wonder what this means for Vic Fangio
Old 01-25-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I still wish we bumped up Clarence Brooks as our DC. But yea i wonder what this means for Vic Fangio
same here, I love Clarrence Brooks. but I doubt Mattision will get moved down.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I think Vic will stay but in a different capacity. We have so much coaching talent on board its no wonder we get raped every year for our coaches.

Pees didn't have mega seasons with the Pats but he did have solid seasons and he got a lot out of not very much from his LBs in NE so imagine what he will be able to do with talent?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Anyone else hear the rumor about Jim Zorn coming in to be the QB Coach since Hue Jackson is leaving?????
Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Anyone else hear the rumor about Jim Zorn coming in to be the QB Coach since Hue Jackson is leaving?????
I've heard that Zorn and Al Saunders (already on the staff) are the top two candidates.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
yes. Ravens are interviewing Al Saunders and Jim Zorn to be Flacco's new QB coach. I would LOVE Jim Zorn, and I'm not sure what to expect from Saunders.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I think this is a sign of good things. If Jim is constantly looking at his staff and seeing that we could improve thats a good sign. We certainly will make some improvements accross the board talent player wise we should look to do that samething in the coaching ranks.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Looks like we hired Zorn as our QB coach. Great move IMO, hopefully he will teach Flacco some west coast offense fundamentals (short-medium routes, getting the ball out quickly).
Old 01-30-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I think if he can make the QB's he had in Seattle look good (Hasselback and Senaca Wallace) he can make Flacco look like a god. Plus it gives us a potential replacement as a O-Co if Cam gets a better offer to go back as a HC.