Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official GERALD MCCOY vs NDAMUKONG SUH (vs ERIC BERRY) Thread

So it is 99% likely we will have a top 3 pick and since the Rams need a QB, we should have our pick of the top 3 defenders in the draft. All have different skills and with our biggest need being DL, McCoy or Suh seem like obvious choices. Let's also consider that our defensive scheme could be way different next year (hopefully Bates is let go) so either guy would fit in our new scheme.

Who should be the pick? Etk, are you still low on Suh? Here are some 2009 game tapes if you havent followed either player.

Gerald McCoy vs BYU (huge game)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdCUfMp__gg
vs Miami - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F48TJUNyJs
vs Baylor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i6pUqnVwD0
vs Texas (huge game)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjbl0AXTXAQ

Ndamukong Suh vs Virginia Tech - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM_SkuZz6qs
vs Missouri - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp_LpT82xrg

If you want some Eric Berry highlights, search "E ric B erry" on my youtube channel. (I do the spaces so that I dont show up when the S E C video company searches youtube)
Old 10-26-2009, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if we pick top two and rookies are scheduled to be paid similar/more than what they have been paid in recent years, we kind of have to take either McCoy or Suh.

I'd rather take Berry, but factoring money into the whole situation makes the issue cloudy.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I think it is most likely going to be either Suh or McCoy but I just added in Berry because he is a hell of a player and needs to be considered.

So my main question is McCoy vs Suh. Who would you pick, Caddy?

I just hope we dont blow the pick on someone like Carlos Dunlap (although I think he is starting to play better).
Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Yea I think it is most likely going to be either Suh or McCoy but I just added in Berry because he is a hell of a player and needs to be considered.

So my main question is McCoy vs Suh. Who would you pick, Caddy?

I just hope we dont blow the pick on someone like Carlos Dunlap (although I think he is starting to play better).
I'm leaning towards McCoy at this stage, but I honestly couldn't give you a decent reason as to why we should pick one over the other.

I've seen plenty of footage of Berry, but unfortunately haven't seen enough of Suh or McCoy to find out which one I'd prefer.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you guys will blow me up for this one. But I hope we go Suh or McCoy with the top 3 pick... and with our first second rounder take Terrence Cody if he falls. My thinking is this. I don't ever want to see any NFC south team run on the buc's like they have for the last ten games. You have Suh or McCoy ( thinking McCoy if we did this because he's the better pass rusher) and Cody start. You have Roy Miller come to play about 30 to 35 snaps for the both of them and then Ryan Sims as the 4th DT. You can say that we shouldn't put two picks to the DT spot but look at it. Chris Hovan? Done, should be cut in the off-season. That leaves us with Roy Miiler, Sims. No one else why keep these guys on our team... Dre Moore done nothing. Demar Dotson done nothing. We have to face Turner, Dwill, Jstew and the running team that New Orleans has become two times a year. Also these two guys would help our pass D as well, the push would be better but also you would not have to bring an 8th man into the box to stop the run as much. Giving your CB's more help over the top.

Last edited by bigbuc : 10-26-2009 at 02:15 PM.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Spending a 1st, 2nd and 3rd on DT's within two consecutive seasons is illogical.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How so? We don't have a DT on our team right now that would start on any other team... Also great DT's don't just become free agents. It is by far the worst part of our team. Look at the NY GMEN. They took 9 D linemen into the season. Why? First if you have 4 DT's to bring in and out of the game they all stay fresh. Second D line get hurt all the time. There legs get rolled up on, stuff happens. I think that both those picks should go to the D line. OK, so go DT first then get a DE. I just think if you got Suh or McCoy then came back and got Cody you would set yourself up for the next 6 to 8 years with bookend DT's. We had Sapp who was one of the best DT at the time and took Anthony McFarland with a first round pick. Also its not like Roy Miller would sit on the sidelines the whole time. He would come in for both of them, rotate the DT's and for sure would come in for Cody on passing downs. We would be so stout against the run. Like I said freeing up a the SS to stay back and cover. Helping the CB's. It would trun the worst part of our team in to the strongest. Its not as crazy as it sounds. PHI took back to back DT's in 2005 and 2006!!!!!! first rounders too!! If you invest in the foundation of our team you will never do wrong!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT is a much more important need for any team, the impact Suh or McCoy would make is much more than Berry. I personally rate Suh ahead of McCoy since I believe he can in a 3-4 and 4-3, and I only see McCoy at a UT 4-3. Berry is a great player, but when your 0-7 getting a stud SS isnt going to help much

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Spending a 1st, 2nd and 3rd on DT's within two consecutive seasons is illogical.
Also the Jets in 2006 went OL with two first round picks. So it's not as illogical as you make it out to be. When your best DT is Hovan and the second best is Sims. You need a lot of help. Also when your team gives up 200+ yards to Rb's you need a lot of help. So if taking a DT with a 1st 2nd and 3rd (last year) and it can fix the problem at hand... I don't think its that crazy. Also if we took McCoy we could line him up at DE some plays like the Raiders do with Seymour make him a power rusher that way you could have Cody, Miller and McCoy all play at the same time. And would never get the ball run all over you again.

Last edited by bigbuc : 10-26-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Also the Jets in 2006 went OL with two first round picks. So it's not as illogical as you make it out to be. When your best DT is Hovan and the second best is Sims. You need a lot of help. Also when your team gives up 200+ yards to Rb's you need a lot of help. So if taking a DT with a 1st 2nd and 3rd (last year) and it can fix the problem at hand... I don't think its that crazy. Also if we took McCoy we could line him up at DE some plays like the Raiders do with Seymour make him a power rusher that way you could have Cody, Miller and McCoy all play at the same time. And would never get the ball run all over you again.
Are you seriously comparing OL to DL? First of all there are 5 starters on an offensive line compared to just 2 at defensive tackle. That is a horrendous comparison.

I don't disagree with you that we suck at DT. HOWEVER, we suck at so many other positions, two DT's in the first two rounds (and three in two years within the first 3 rounds) is not a luxury we can afford. We need much more help at WR, CB and DE to warrant picking to DT's.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Like I said if we pick McCoy could play him at DE for 15 snaps a game and have all three in the game. Yeah we have a lot of holes. I just feel if we did this it would help the D as a whole. If you don't have to bring an 8th man in the box it makes every player on the back four much better. Will we do it no don't think so. I myself would love to see it happen.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

I would avoid Cody, especially for a 4-3 team. If we could get McCoy or Suh in the first, I would go DE in the second. Maybe a guy like Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes could fall to the early second. Hell, we could trade up for one of them using our 10 picks. What other DEs could be available in the 2nd? Hardy and Dunlap should go 1st round. Derrick Morgan, George Selvie, Everson Griffen could all slip to the 2nd, with Selvie probably being the most likely but I am not a huge fan of his.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think we have to go CB with our first 3 picks too.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think we have to go CB with our first 3 picks too.

Mike Shanahan.... is that you?
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Ok what if we went McCoy than Jerry Hughes? That would be great! What do you think about that one Caddy?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Ok what if we went McCoy than Jerry Hughes? That would be great! What do you think about that one Caddy?
I'd be fine with something similar to that. We need a DE badly. With Stylez and Wilkerson as our starters it can't really get a whole lot worse.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I would avoid Cody, especially for a 4-3 team. If we could get McCoy or Suh in the first, I would go DE in the second. Maybe a guy like Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes could fall to the early second. Hell, we could trade up for one of them using our 10 picks. What other DEs could be available in the 2nd? Hardy and Dunlap should go 1st round. Derrick Morgan, George Selvie, Everson Griffen could all slip to the 2nd, with Selvie probably being the most likely but I am not a huge fan of his.
Graham and Morgan are both beasts, although I see them at LDE. Kyle Moore will be a future starter at LDE imo.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Suh has to be our pick if he is there.... With the two 2nd rounders get a pass rusher and a WR. Most likely only one WR will be taken in the first round, Tate, Gillyard, or Benn will be available in the 2nd... Or if you can trade one of those 2nd round picks for a proven player I wouldn't mind going that route. Agree with Caddy in that we need a CB too, E. Mack is horrible... Man we have a lot of needs... I know we won't be big FA players but we will be able to bring in a few quality players, we need some veteran leadership on both sides of the ball..
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

hai guise :)
Old 12-21-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Right now we are behind both the Rams and Lions in draft order. If it stays that way, we will likely have both Suh and McCoy off the board when we pick. As much as I love Berry, the idea of having 3 DBs (berry, tjax, talib) taking up most of our caproom is a little scary.

I think right now the best thing would be to win out and end up picking in the 6-9 range and take a guy like Brian Price or Derrick Morgan.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I could see St Louis. winning in week 17 and Detroit winning one of their last two games. Plus a lot still depends on how our opponents fair - influencing the tie breaker.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

If we lose out, which looks like will probably happen we will end up with the 3rd pick...
Rams could easily pick a QB with the first pick... Not to mention there are a few teams that need a QB that I could see trying to trade up with the Lions or even our selves... Bills, Skins, Seahawks, Raiders, Jaguars...
Also I wouldn't be suprised if the Lions went with the OT Okung with their pick.. I think our chances of landing Suh or G. McCoy are still pretty good...
Old 01-31-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Did anyone notice Mayock's ranking of top 5 players at each position?
He has McCoy over Suh... Suprising to me considering Suh's play this year..

I guess from now intil the combine we will have a lot of suprises....

Last edited by KennyG : 01-31-2010 at 03:57 PM.