Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Packerchatters has 0 credibility. Thankfully eveyrone here seems to have already realized that as well...Moochers. I like the Jarrectt Bush comparisson.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packerschatter just makes up BS and copies other site's articles. I'm not sure who they think they're fooling

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how they act like they have inside information. Lets just break it down for a second:

Quote:
As I reported in the previous O.T.S. the Chargers have a couple players that they will have to make some tough decisions on, LT, Shawne Merriman and Antonio Cromartie to name a few. Well I heard at the end of training camp this year the Chargers and Packers talked about a possible deal that had the Packers sending A.J. Hawk and a 1st rounder to the Chargers for Cromartie and the Chargers 2nd.

Also: hearing that because Hawk is less likely to take a pay cut, the deal could happen. I am hearing the two teams again talked about a Hawk for Cromartie deal recently with the Packers sending a 2nd rounder to the Chargers and the Chargers sending a 3rd rounder to the Packers.
This is common knowledge that the Chargers aren't high on Tomlinson, Merriman, and Cromartie. But since when has TT been known to throw around high picks for players?

We're talking about a guy who wouldn't put up a 3rd round pick for Randy Moss here. So why would the Packers, who were drafting 9th overall, feel confident in trading a future 1st round pick and Hawk for Cromartie and late 2nd? Let alone swaping 2nd and 3rd round picks for Cromartie today.

Quote:
Also: hearing unless Donald Lee takes a pay cut he will be traded or cut. The Packers don’t want to pay him $2 million to drop passes and block.
Again, how is this inside news? Every Packers fan knows that Lee isn't worth any value to the team right now.

Quote:
Also: heard a rumor that if Jahvid Best checks out ok (regarding his conclusion during the 2009 season) and has a great combine, he may be a player that Ted Thompson thinks about at the end of round 1 (if CJ Spiller is gone).
Oh so if a guy who was rated a 1st round pick before he got injured can have a great combine and prove that he's back to 100% will go in the 2nd half of the 1st round?

Quote:
Also: hearing that the Packers want to have the offensive tackle situation taken care of via free agency and will look to add a “level II” free agent. The two names that came (back) up were the two Buccaneers offensive tackles, Donald Penn and Jeremy Trueblood. A few other names that came up were Alex Barron of the Rams and Jahri Evans of the Saints.
Hear this PC, Penn, Trueblood, Barron, and Evans are restricted free agents. There's no way we'd sign any of them unless we overpayed. Not too mention signing Barron would cost us a 1st round pick, Trueblood a 2nd round pick, and Evans a 4th round pick.

Quote:
If they deal Hawk, the name I hear they would like to have as his replacement is the Raiders Kirk Morrison. They also like Thomas Howard of the Raiders and may look to him as the other outside backer opposite of Clay Matthews III. But remember this is Ted Thompson and it has to be at the right price.
Again, Morrison and Howard are both restricted free agents. Howard would cost a 2nd and Morrison a 3rd.

Quote:
Look for the Packers to give T.J. Lang a shot at either tackle spot. He did very good in the action he saw and has some tools McCarthy likes in his tackles. Remember he didn’t get that much work their last training camp.
Wow thanks for the heads up! We never saw that coming. Lang also got most of his work in at RT during training camp.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Hear this PC, Penn, Trueblood, Barron, and Evans are restricted free agents. There's no way we'd sign any of them unless we overpayed. Not too mention signing Barron would cost us a 1st round pick, Trueblood a 2nd round pick, and Evans a 4th round pick.
Not to mention Penn a level II FA? The guy is a damn fine young LT who is going nowhere for cheap price.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-in-week-one/

The Patriots didn't play as much 3-4 this year as before, and he's been misused and forgotten about. Could he help us opposite Matthews?

Thompson did bring in the veterans this year bringing back Ahman and Tauscher.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-in-week-one/

The Patriots didn't play as much 3-4 this year as before, and he's been misused and forgotten about. Could he help us opposite Matthews?

Thompson did bring in the veterans this year bringing back Ahman and Tauscher.
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Thomas at all if we could get him for a good price. His whole falling out with the Patriots was mysterious and I would kind of like to hear the Patriots side of the story when it comes to him not playing.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have Thomas but I'd have to think he'd want to join Rex in NY and get some revenge on the Patriots.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I'd love to have Thomas but I'd have to think he'd want to join Rex in NY and get some revenge on the Patriots.
Agree 100%, which is why I suspect the Patriots will at least try and deal him anywhere else first.

Now, quick sidenote: Someone said that Hawk is pretty cheap, while I have heard someone else say nobody would trade for him because his contract is too high.... regardless of that, check out the difference in philosophies in contracts dealing with trades compared to the NBA:

If the Mavs make a significant trade, struggling swingman Josh Howard is likely to be the centerpiece of the outgoing package. Howard is in the middle of the worst season of his career, but he's an attractive trade chip because of his big contract, which includes a team option for $11.8 million next season.

It's totally different than the NFL.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Story on LT.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4888134

Any way possible he ends up a Packer? I'd absolutely love it if Ted made this move.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Ahman Green offers far more than LT would, in my opinion. Not going to happen.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Huh? Green was signed off the street this year, LT is a top 5 RB of all-time.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Huh? They are both at the end of their rope but LT is/was way better and still has more gas in the tank. Regardless not going to happen because I can think of 3 places we can get a running back almost as good for next to minimum wage, considering Tomlinson's got the skills of a good backup at this point.

Tomlinson > > > Ahman though

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

LT has been overrated for 3 years now, and once he didn't play in that playoff loss at New England when he was hurt, but Rivers DID when he was hurt, LT lost that clubhouse.

Also, Michael Turner was better in SD his last 2 years there. I had LT in fantasy and even though LT put up good points in Turners last 2 years there, it was plain as day that Turner was better. Now the past 2 years, Sproles has been better.

I want no part of LT anymore. I have a little inside info on LT I heard about 2 years ago, maybe 3, that soured me on him and luckily I traded LT in my fantasy 2 drafts ago (keeper league). I like Ahman, but wouldn't object to some fresh, hungry legs. Not LT's worn out tread though, with crappy attitude. He's like Iverson now.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

We want a RB though FA: Leon Washington.....BOOM! I love LT and he is one of my all-time favorite running backs but he seems to be on his last wheel like my other favorite growing up Edge James with Zona a few seasons ago. You know he doesn't want to take less money and your not going to get what you pay for him. Not worth it. Grant is still the better option.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
LT has been overrated for 3 years now, and once he didn't play in that playoff loss at New England when he was hurt, but Rivers DID when he was hurt, LT lost that clubhouse.

Also, Michael Turner was better in SD his last 2 years there. I had LT in fantasy and even though LT put up good points in Turners last 2 years there, it was plain as day that Turner was better. Now the past 2 years, Sproles has been better.

I want no part of LT anymore. I have a little inside info on LT I heard about 2 years ago, maybe 3, that soured me on him and luckily I traded LT in my fantasy 2 drafts ago (keeper league). I like Ahman, but wouldn't object to some fresh, hungry legs. Not LT's worn out tread though, with crappy attitude. He's like Iverson now.
Go on.....

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the ZBS's one cut philosophy would greatly benefit LT, who is only 29 years old, and is hungry for a championship. I'm just saying, if LT is willing to come in and be a complementary back with Grant... it'd be kinda hard to not be drooling over the the thought of LT in this offense.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

He's 30 years old. LT is till a solid player but he's nothing like he used to be. I'd rather find a nice RB in the draft to develop behind Grant ( a very solid RB).

they get smoked.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Fellas, speaking of OT's, I found this FA list for OT's. Pay close attention to #7, 10 & 11.
http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents2010OT.php

If there's something about that site that I should know here, please educate me.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

He is 30 with a lot of miles on his tires, RB's these days hit a giant wall around 30, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, Edge James, Duese McAlister, Shawn Alexander, and the list goes on and on. These guys show that the one man horse days are over. If you want a RB to last a long time you have to be a 2 back team.

LT I think could still be good with the right team, scheme and line. He may have a lot of miles but Chargers used Turner and Sporales very well to keep him fresh but injuries have killed him.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trading Hawk and a 1st for Cro and a 2nd might be one of the dumbest trades Ive seen in awhile.

If TT does that, he should get fired.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
trading Hawk and a 1st for Cro and a 2nd might be one of the dumbest trades Ive seen in awhile.

If TT does that, he should get fired.
Agreed. Why would a guy who thinks so highly of draft picks just toss away a 1st round pick like that. Pure foolishness, Cromartie alone isn't worth a first round pick. I think Hawk and him aren't that far apart. Hawk at least plays hard works hard and is a team guy. Cromartie is lazy and all about himself. Packers would be a huge losser in this. We lose a solid ILB who works his ass off and first round pick for a late second round pick and a lazy, self centered CB who will play hard when he wants, and try to tackle when he wants.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Dixon would do well in the Packers offense. He has a good burst, runs between the tackles, or to the outside pretty well, and is quick enough to make people miss. He might be able to start in the NFL. I don't know how much the Packers draft players with off-field incidents though.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this on Deadspin and PackerNews.com. It started as some fans on facebook, and now thousands of dollars have been donated for this billboard. I guess they are trying to raise $80,000 for D. Favre's cancer foundation as well.

I'm pretty much indifferent on the Favre retirement situation now, but I think if Viking fans believe THEY will have any say in what Favre does...They are in for a sad reality.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

TT would never trade Hawk and a #1 pick for anyone.
I bet there are more than a few teams would would give up a pick in the 20-range for Cromartie.
CB's are hard to find. We took Carroll and Buckley and Antwan Edwards in the 1st rounds over the past couple decades and none of them did anywhere near what Cromartie has done.

Cromartie is soft, but he's got great speed, great heighth, and is a playmaker. You guys said that TT liked tall CB's. That's Cromartie. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with Cromartie, and Peppers. I'd bet against us being involved, but you never know.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Did Ted Thompson step down as GM or something?

Merriman... Cromartie... Peppers... LT.... Trading top picks for players....