Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really want a good #2 corner to compliment finny i know we selected a few bums in the later rounds last year i want us to step up and select one in round 1 or 2, this is a pretty solid class for d-line im sure that we are gonna get some solid players for the d-line wherever they are chosen
Old 01-05-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My head would freaking explode if Rolando McClain somehow fell to us.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
titan tony
Rookie

titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.

Hey what up guys! As u can see im new here.. I to feel that the titans need to address their defence in the 1st round.. Specifically dt or cb, But at 16,or 17 will there be a dt worth taking? I mean, suh will be long gone an mccoy as well.

I say shift to cb then depending on who's available.. if florida's joe hadden is on the board he's worth a gd look. 218 tackles 8 pics in three seasons, Also started as a true fresh..

I know this gonna sound crazy but hear me out lol.. If hadden's gone I think u take the best player available.. If c.j spiller is sitting there do u take a look? This guy is a weapon an can do it all.. Kick return, punt return, line up at wideout, an of course he's a great running back. Kinda reminds of cj2k a little bit lol.. cj's work load increased big time this year, an could possibly increase next year but im shocked that he walked away this season with no major injuries.. Outside of v.y legs he's the only playmaker we have untill someone else steps up. Do u resign lendale? If not ur left with javon ringer who isn't proven

Tony brown should be resigned if possible. I know reindfelt will be looking at drafting a dt but what other free agent can u bring in to start.

tag bulluck

look at bringing kvb back.. With consistent pressure from the dt's he's a beast on pass situations. His work ethic seems contagious an young players can use that

I think they will let scaife go tho
titan tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan tony View Post
Hey what up guys! As u can see im new here.. I to feel that the titans need to address their defence in the 1st round.. Specifically dt or cb, But at 16,or 17 will there be a dt worth taking? I mean, suh will be long gone an mccoy as well.

I say shift to cb then depending on who's available.. if florida's joe hadden is on the board he's worth a gd look. 218 tackles 8 pics in three seasons, Also started as a true fresh..

I know this gonna sound crazy but hear me out lol.. If hadden's gone I think u take the best player available.. If c.j spiller is sitting there do u take a look? This guy is a weapon an can do it all.. Kick return, punt return, line up at wideout, an of course he's a great running back. Kinda reminds of cj2k a little bit lol.. cj's work load increased big time this year, an could possibly increase next year but im shocked that he walked away this season with no major injuries.. Outside of v.y legs he's the only playmaker we have untill someone else steps up. Do u resign lendale? If not ur left with javon ringer who isn't proven

Tony brown should be resigned if possible. I know reindfelt will be looking at drafting a dt but what other free agent can u bring in to start.

tag bulluck

look at bringing kvb back.. With consistent pressure from the dt's he's a beast on pass situations. His work ethic seems contagious an young players can use that

I think they will let scaife go tho
Welcome aboard! Always happy to see more Titans fans around who know their stuff! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
My head would freaking explode if Rolando McClain somehow fell to us.
I think I've watched every game that McClain has played in college. That dude is a STUD on defense. Really smart player, athletic, a tackling machine. I think we should address DL or CB in the 1st round (depending on our FA moves). HOWEVER, if McClain somehow falls to the middle of Round 1, I think we should forgo the other DEF positions and draft him. Outside of Suh & McCoy, I think he's the surest DEF player in this year's draft.

Also...I know that some (including myself) were advocating that the Titans put the franchise tag on Keith Bulluck. However, after thinking about it, I doubt that happens now because of his knee injury and uncertainty about how long it'll take him to recover.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really I wouldn't mind drafting a Dan Williams or Brian Price as long as we use that to kick Jason Jones out to left end.
Another situation I could see us doing is trading out of the first for a couple of second round picks.
If we go defensive end, I'd like Everson Griffen or Derrick Morgan. I'd hope we'd avoid Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy like the plague.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really I wouldn't mind drafting a Dan Williams or Brian Price as long as we use that to kick Jason Jones out to left end.
Another situation I could see us doing is trading out of the first for a couple of second round picks.
If we go defensive end, I'd like Everson Griffen or Derrick Morgan. I'd hope we'd avoid Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy like the plague.
JJ could be hovering around 300 lbs by the start of next season. He was 290 this season. Who knows how big SenDerrick Marks will be and what his role will be? And I know this may sound like heresy, but I like Brian Price more for us than Big Dan. Price took games over at DT and rushing the passer, where as Big Dan anchored the line and made a good play here and there. Both are great players, but I think Price fits what we like to do at DT.

We could maybe trade back like we did in '04 when we drafted Odom and Laboy. I wouldn't touch Hardy in the 1st, but if we traded back and acquired a 2nd, and he was available there, then I think he'd be well worth the risk.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news everyone!!!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...p+Mike+Munchak

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...1/1060385/1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Suck it Houston! Munchak is ours forever!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I saw that earlier (Btw, you're awesome at keepin' us updated on new articles and stuff Doughie!). Nice try Texans! :D

But it's good to see Munch get love from outside the Titans organization, and I'm glad the interview request was shot down. Texans fans will probably blame Bud first for not allowing this, since they hate his guts, but he wasn't behind this. Then they'll blame Fisher, since he's the HC and recent games have been chippy, but he wasn't behind this. It's most likely that Munch himself decided against this. Fisher has publically said that if another team asks to interview an assistant, then he'll ask the assistant if he wants to. If he does, then Fish will allow it. If he doesn't, then Fish won't allow it. That places the blame on Fisher, doesn't burn any bridges, and doesn't make it look like the assistant isn't interested in a promotion elsewhere. This may mean Munch is gettin' a raise, and if so, git you some big'un!!!

Also good to see a public show of faith on Bud's part, and I think this is the right move. I'm a big Fisher guy, and I think he's one of the best coaches in the league. He's a player's coach, and he's a lot smarter and craftier than most people think. We ended the season on an 8-2 run, with the only losses coming to the Colts and Chargers, and VY showed he had developed as a passer and a person. CJ and our OL will be great, and Kenny Britt will have a full year under his belt. The offense will be good, and if we can sew up the holes on defense at #2 CB, pass-rusher, and staying healthy, then I think we're a Playoff team. It'd be an unwise decision to stunt that progress with a coaching change.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
asorrysight1
Rookie

asorrysight1 is a cocksman.asorrysight1 is a cocksman.asorrysight1 is a cocksman.asorrysight1 is a cocksman.asorrysight1 is a cocksman.

Hi guys. Glad to be anywhere Titans fans are.

I really think we should invest in a pass-rushing defensive lineman. Down the stretch, our secondary got better (save for Nick Harper), but we had a hard time getting to the quarterback on a consistent basis.

Also, if Bulluck leaves, do you guys think we would sign/draft a guy to immediately replace him, or will Fish let McRath have a go at it?
asorrysight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love for us to pick up a speedy pass rusher like jason worilds or willie young in the mid-late rounds, neither are great/good with the run and both lack ideal size(weight) but both excel at getting to the qb in passing situtations, in other words i want us to score a DE who gets down to business on passing downs :D
Old 01-25-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Worilds impressed me in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl as he was raping the Vols OL. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:38 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

im not trying to hate on yalls vols just trying to spark some titan talk, big score for yall(recruiting) with justin hunter that kid is a freak plays a little over an hour from where i live newspapers where blowing him up about changing his commitment and all the coaching change stuff
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Controllin' the Titans in a Fantasy Mock! Doin' 7 Rounds with trades. Right now I've traded twice. I shipped LenDale and our 3rd RD'er to the Chargers for Antonio Cromartie and their 5th RD'er. I also traded back in the 1st RD by sending our 1st RD'er to the Cardinals for two 2nd RD'ers. I just now used the first 2nd RD'er and picked Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss.

So I've got DE and CB covered. Cromartie is kind've soft, and I kind've wished I had asked for Jammer who is more of a "Titans DB," but hopefully he'd play with more swagger here. Plus, there's no denying what he's capable of. Greg Hardy is a Top 15 talent, but injuries pushed him down. But, the last DE with an injury history that we brought in has worked out pretty damn well for us, so I took the chance on a great value.

I may try to trade back again with my second 2nd RD'er if the guys I'm targeting are gone by then. If there's a draft to trade down and gather additional 3rd, 4th, and 5th RD picks in, it's this upcoming one. Looking to address OLB, RS, OG, RB, another DL, and a partridge in a pear tree!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Navarro Bowman or Daryl Washington would be good picks. Mardy Gilyard is still available as well and would make a good return specialist. Just my two cents. ;)
Old 02-06-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no dez bryant?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Navarro Bowman or Daryl Washington would be good picks. Mardy Gilyard is still available as well and would make a good return specialist. Just my two cents. ;)
Gilyard is gone, but Washington is my #1 target. Almost took him over Hardy even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
no dez bryant?
Sorry Steph! :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:58 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Picked Daryl Washington with our second 2nd RD pick. He had the longest wingspan of any LB at the Senior Bowl, and is probably the best coverage LB in the draft. Picture perfect for our scheme, and would be a great opposite Gerald McRath.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some interesting nuggets of news...

Titans offer former jags WR Matt Jones a contract.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...5ss0R95L 8%3D

David Givens vs Titans case dismissed

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...tans+dismissed

KVB may be back

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...1/2110357/1027

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 02-11-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Not sure how I feel about us pursuing Matt Jones.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I was down for it when they brought him in for a workout a few months back, but what do you expect to get from a guy who has been out of football for a year? Still, he is talented and he is gifted at working sideline routes which are some of Vince's favorite throws.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I was down for it when they brought him in for a workout a few months back, but what do you expect to get from a guy who has been out of football for a year? Still, he is talented and he is gifted at working sideline routes which are some of Vince's favorite throws.
4.37 40 deep speed doesn't hurt, either.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'd rather use a 3rd or 4th on a WR in the draft, but maybe that's just me since I love drafting WRs.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

looks like matt jones signed with the bengals http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11979146