Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-04-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default MLR's 4 round Bucs Mock with VIDEOZZ!!

First, I would hit up the Rams on Wednesday night and give them a final offer of #3 and #42 for #1. If they laugh in our faces, we tell them to screw off and have fun with Keith Null this year. Suh and McCoy go 1/2...

1. S Eric Berry Tennessee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDa7GvAgFs

He is the best player on the board and is a talent that we can't afford to pass up. Tjack and Berry make up one of the best young safety duos in the league and we dont have to watch Sabby miss tackles at the LOS for 30 yard gains anymore. Raheem can also get more creative by having Talib and Berry play some man on the opponents' top two WRs.

2a. WR Damian Williams USC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eggkv0Z0tQ

This is the pick I am most excited about because I think we are going to get someone unexpected drop to us ( a DE? Brandon Spikes?). But for now, I am going a bit safe and giving us the 4th WR off the board. A great route-runner and a reliable target for Freeman to grow with. For those thinking I am crazy for now addressing the D-line with the first the two picks... wait for it...

2b. DT Arthur Jones Syracuse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7h6t5Zf_Q0

Finally we get a DT. A healthy Jones is a hell of a player, he can penetrate vs the run or pass and that is what we need. I really hope he shows up at the combine at 100% and at around 295 lbs.

3. DT Vince Oghobaase Duke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-dWvsrWKA

Yep, I am not done with DT. We not only get one, we get two new undertackles to rotate between. Oghobaase was widely considered a 1st round prospect before the season but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Great size and just a great passrusher from the DT position.

4. CB Syd'Quan Thompson California http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMk77JUWmw0

While Talib, Berry, and TJack cover most of the field, Thompson can just sit in his zone and absolutely destroy anyone that comes into it. Incredibley physical corner that lacks long speed but could find his place in a cover 2.

Last edited by Me Likey Rookies : 02-04-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I despise Damian Williams. Not a fan at all.

Also I really want some help at DE!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really do not like any of our mocks with Eric Berry.

Yes, he is going to be a great player, but we have a great player already at FS in Tanard Jackson. I do not care at all what anyone says, this guy cannot play SS in the NFL. It would limit this kid's playmaking ability. Just like what happened with Sean Taylor(RIP), He was better at FS and started dominating once the Skins got him Landry to play SS. He was a beast once moved to FS, its too bad for that tragedy however.

But back to our 1st round pick, I think Gerald McCoy will be there at 3 because if the Rams take SUH, im not sold on the Lions taking McCoy. I think they may take Okung because I dont think they're sold on Backus protecting Stafford's blind side and figure they could get Brian Price or Geno Atkins in round 2. Okung is truly a better LT prospect than Jason Smith(Lions debated on taking him) and the Lions really missed out on passing Oher with their 20th overall pick. They need to protect their big investmant.

Damian Williams will be a solid #2 option in the nfl, and we're looking for 2 wr's in this draft, so I doubt we will look at a possession type #2 WR with our 1st 2nd round pick. Give me a guy with big play potential like a Golden Tate or Demeryious Thomas, who both have the potential to become #1 Wr's. Tate reminds me of Steve Smith and could be around at #35. If he isnt, i think the bucs go DE here with Griffen or Dunlap possibly sliding into the early 2nd round.

I don;'t like Arthur Jones, i think he will flop. If you haven't read any articles lately, alot of scouts are dissapointed he had a down year and went from a mid to late 1st round prospect to a possible mid 3rd rounder. At that pick, if we take a DE at 35, give me Demaryious Thomas. He is a big play threat and reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall.

In round 3, I'd take Devin McCourtney. He showed potential shutdown coverage at the senior bowl and he is the #3/4 rated CB behind Haden, Wilson and Perrish Cox. He can play both man and zone, so he is perfect for the tampa 2. Also, another name to consider, that Spievy kid from Iowa. If he slips to early 3rd, i'd give him consideration. Played a lot of cover 2 at iowa and would fit our defense perfectly.

Round 4, we take our SS. I love Larry Assante as a prospect and I think he is very underrated and steal him. No one is really talking him up at all and I could see the bucs trading up to the end of the 3rd round if they fear detroit or st louis might take him before them in the 4th. If they don't land him, i see Darrell Stuckey being around here. He's another SS prospect I like bc he can make tackles in the box and is good in coverage. Both are upgrades over the lame sabby piscatelli.

5th round, give me Mike Williams. Potential #1 WR talent, but quit at syracuse and has some personal issues. I think playing for a coach like raheem may wake this kid up bc it seems like the players love playing for Morris, which is a great sign. If he gets his act together, this might be a steal.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, if McCoy is there at 3, he is my pick. But right now, that looks unlikely.

Caddy- why the hate for DWill?
Old 02-05-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

I keep flip flopping when I see Berry mocked to us, it's not ideal but it wouldn't be the worst pick either... He's probably be BPA if Suh and McCoy are gone.
Personally I would draft Dez there and get a safety in the 3 or 4th... I think Jones if he can anwser the Knee issues will be a riser... And agree with Caddy in that give me a DE earlier then the 5th round..
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Don't get me wrong, if McCoy is there at 3, he is my pick. But right now, that looks unlikely.

Caddy- why the hate for DWill?
I want to see him perform at the combine before I completely judge him, but I just get the feeling that he isn't going to be fast enough to get it done in the pro's.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I despise Damian Williams. Not a fan at all.

Also I really want some help at DE!
Funny... I think Damian Williams is the ONLY receiver in this class who will become a legitimate #1 receiver. And, just for the record, I despise Southern Cal, so that has nothing to do with it.

As for the mock:

- I don't like Jones or Oghobaase. Tyson Alualu and Lamarr Houston would be better picks in my book and, even then, we're not addressing the DE position, which we really need to do.

- Thompson and Damian Williams are good selections, but I really, really hate the idea of taking Eric Berry third overall.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

I think Williams could become a Derrick Mason type #1 WR. He was such a reliable target for Barkley all year. A much safer pick than Demaryius Thomas (whose potential does excite me as well).

I like Arthur Jones because he is still athletic at his great size. Even though Alualu is listed at a pretty good 6'2 290, he just looks small on the field. I think Raheem wants to get bigger on the DL. As for him dropping in the eyes of scouts, watch the video I posted, it has his last game of the year and he is plenty involved with 2 sacks in that game.

Oghobaase is going to be one of the steals of this draft as well.

As for a DE, if a great one falls to us at 35 (Jerry Hughes?), I would take him but I dont think there is going to be great value in the 2nd unless you want to go with Greg Hardy and his concerns. Stylez and Wilkerson are solid starters and lets see what Kyle Moore and Tim Crowder have.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Speaking of WR's anyone watch Jacoby Ford this year? I see him ranked around 12 to 18 range on most sites for WR's... Then I see his 40 time (4.3)and am like dam, that's the type of speed we need at WR. Don't really know much about him, any takes on him?
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Speaking of WR's anyone watch Jacoby Ford this year? I see him ranked around 12 to 18 range on most sites for WR's... Then I see his 40 time (4.3)and am like dam, that's the type of speed we need at WR. Don't really know much about him, any takes on him?
He's a track and field athlete, as well. He won the 60-meter dash at the NCAA meet in 2008. His time was one-hundredth of a second shy of the NCAA record. He also reportedly ran a 4.126 40-yard dash in high school, but I highly doubt that was electronically timed.

He's undoubtedly extremely fast, but he's a tad small (5'8, 180 pounds). He looked good as a returner in the Senior Bowl, but I think he's pretty raw as a receiving prospect. I think his best projection is as a slot receiver in the NFL.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a great mock if Jim Bates were still running our defense.

Berry will only be BPA until he measures out small at the combine. Your DTs are more 2-gap types. After the top two DTs, Brian Price, Jared Odrick, Lamarr Houston, Tyson Alualu, Geno Atkins, Boo Smith, Mike Neal, Nate Collins are the next best UT types... not the two guys you listed.

I like Thompson in round 4, he Arenas or Chris Cook might not project to every scheme in the league but they would be good here.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote