Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Did Ted Thompson step down as GM or something?
Merriman... Cromartie... Peppers... LT.... Trading top picks for players....
Every year, fans want this guy or that guy, this guy or the other.
Who here was salivating for Franky Walker 3 years ago? That's who he got us.
Who here was salivating for Brandon Chillar 2 years ago? That's who he got us.
Who here was salivating over Anthony Smith 1 year ago? That's who he brought us.

Now if any parallels come true between TT and Wolf, in this critical 6th year for TT, then TT will bring in a few key FA's. But I still do not expect it at all.

But our pass rush must improve for our team to have a chance at the Super Bowl. I'll be happy with a FA OT/CB and just give me Brandon Graham in the draft. That's a Christmas present right there. Matthews and Graham would race to the QB game after game.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Did Ted Thompson step down as GM or something?

Merriman... Cromartie... Peppers... LT.... Trading top picks for players....
I'm fairly confident in stating that I doubt any of the 5 happen. Cromartie possibly, but definitely not for a 1st or a 2nd and/or additional player. Maybe there is a new Ted we have yet to see, but it would be a complete 180 degree spin for him to unload cash on guys like Merriman or Peppers.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Every year, fans want this guy or that guy, this guy or the other.
Who here was salivating for Franky Walker 3 years ago? That's who he got us.
Who here was salivating for Brandon Chillar 2 years ago? That's who he got us.
Who here was salivating over Anthony Smith 1 year ago? That's who he brought us.

Now if any parallels come true between TT and Wolf, in this critical 6th year for TT, then TT will bring in a few key FA's. But I still do not expect it at all.

But our pass rush must improve for our team to have a chance at the Super Bowl. I'll be happy with a FA OT/CB and just give me Brandon Graham in the draft. That's a Christmas present right there. Matthews and Graham would race to the QB game after game.
Nothing wrong with playing smart. Its much more likely to find gold through the draft somewhere than over indulging on big time free agents who usually never live up to the hype.

Football truely is the same with baseball, you don't have to spend a lot to get a lot. Look at the Marlins they are in play-off contention every year and even have made it to the World Series and they don't spend anything. Anyone can go out and buy buy buy but that isn't what wins games its the smart decisions you make through the draft and bring in roll players.

Same with college football....Wisconsin, Utah, TCU, Boise St. they don't get the blue chips, they struggle to get any 4 star prospect but they bring in the right players that fit their mold and system. They don't need top notch recruits to compete. Many college programs get all these top flight guys and struggle to win 7 or 8 games.

I personally find smart managing the best way to go. I don't know, I'm a double major in Sports and Recreation Management and Business Administration so having study all areas of business and extensively the management of sports (Sports Law, Facilities,Programming, etc) for almost 4 years now ha I think it is just programmed into my brain. Don't take giant risk unless you know for sure there will be a high reward. For every great Woodson signing there are many more Joe Johnson (Packers), LaVar Arrington(Giants), Jevon Kearse (Eagles), Dion Sanders (Skins), David Boston (Chargers).

Kearse was sure fire, bullet proof signing for the Eagles and they paid him a good chunk a cash. Kearse in his first 5 season he ranked up 47.5 sacks taking into account that he missed almost one whole season with the Titans. So essentially 45.5 sacks in 4 seasons (11 a year). He went on two have to plus seasons to start out with with 7.5 each season then only 7 over the next 2 after that. Wasn't what they hoped for. Not horrible but good or worth the money.

Remember Woodson was our back-up plan, TT had a plan to spend and the guy he was already to pony up around 40+ million for is the classic reason not to throw money around. That guy who luckly turned us down for the Giants would be LeVar Arrington who did absolutely nothing for the G-Man and made them pay for it....it almost was us, thank god Green Bay isn't a sexy place for big name free agents.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-06-2010 at 01:50 AM.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

For anyone who thinks buying big name free agents is the only way to go to be a great team, here is a great example of how that statement is just not true:

Colts Offense:
QB Manning D1-98
RB Addai D1-06/Brown D1-09
WR: Wayne D1-01/Gonzalez D1-07
WR:Garcon D6-08/Collie D4-09...Baskett FA-09
TE: Clark D1-03
OT: Johnson D6-06/Diem D4-01/ Ugoh D2-07
OG: DeVan UDFA-09/ Lija W-04/ Pollack D2-08
C: Saturday FA-99

Defense:
DE: Freeney D1-02/Mathis D5-03/Brock-FA-02
DT:Johnson FA-08/Muir W-08/Moala 2-09
OLB: Wheeler D3-08/ Sessions 4-07/ 2 UDFA Backups from 09
MLB:Brackett FA-03/ Keiaho-D3-06
CB:Jackson-D1-05/Hayden-D2-05/Lacey-UDFA-09/Powers-D3-09
FS:Bethea D6-06/Bullitt UDFA-07
SS:Sanders D2-04 /Francisco W-09

K: Vinatari FA-06

Sooooooo here we have a team that could have gone undefeated if they wanted to this season and compete for a super bowl evey year and their biggest bang in free agency has been Vinatari and the superstar Hank Baskett (wait i mean the man with with the superstar playmate for a wife) over the last 3 seasons.

Not one of the core players that make the colts the colts were big team FA's but were drafted. Prime example of how to build a team right. Say no to big FA's, save money to spoil you core players, find suitable role players to build around core. TT has built this team right and need to continue to live and die through the draft and keep your core intact. If you sign free agents sign guys who can get the job done at a reasonable price.

Packers are close just need to hit on a few picks this year and keep their core signed.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-06-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:53 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i completely agree Ryanbraun8.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i completely agree Ryanbraun8.
He's right, but A) it would mean nothing without one guy, Peyton Manning, B) that's one team out of 32.

Key Saints who weren't drafted by their teams:
*QB Deew Breesus
*RB Pierre Thomas
TE Jeremy Shockey
*LB Jon Vilma
LB Scott Fujita
*S Darren Sharper
There might be more as I am not sure about their OL and DL guys.

*denotes stud performer.

Speaking of the Saints and what Gregg Williams defense has done the past 2 games to Warner and Farve: Am I the only one who wonders what our defense would have been like had he accepted Ted's offer first and been our DC this year???? I think our defense has more talent than that Saints one.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's right, but A) it would mean nothing without one guy, Peyton Manning, B) that's one team out of 32.

*QB Deew Breesus
*RB Pierre Thomas
TE Jeremy Shockey
*LB Jon Vilma
LB Scott Fujita
*S Darren Sharper

*denotes stud performer.

Speaking of the Saints and what Gregg Williams defense has done the past 2 games to Warner and Farve: Am I the only one who wonders what our defense would have been like had he accepted Ted's offer first and been our DC this year???? I think our defense has more talent than that Saints one.
He was an UDFA so you really cant really say that.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:

*QB Drew Brees
RB Pierre Thomas
TE Jeremy Shockey
*LB Jon Vilma
LB Scott Fujita
*S Darren Sharper

*denotes stud performer.

Brees was the only hig caliber signing out of those guys. Sharper wasnt a top notch signing at the time his deal was like 3/13 mil. Fujita is like the Chiller signing. Only 4 years-12 million, Shockey and Vilma were trades for draft picks. Shockey is always hurt and has not been the guy they traded for. Pierre was UDFA as mention before.

So only big signing in Brees, a couple of Prickett, Chillar type ones, few big hits in the draft and 2 trades (Vilma was well worth it, Shockey not so much)

It really has a lot to do with the QB, and luckly we have a premier one in Rodgers. We are only a few small pieces away.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
He was an UDFA so you really cant really say that.
I said he wasn't drafted. Just like Atari Bigby and Tyrell Sutton.
And James Harrison.
It's true. Honestly, teams can build and add good talent through alterior methods other than the draft. Ted's laid a great foundation here.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Saints Alive!
Them winning has to make the Vikings feel worse, as they really spanked the Saints around, IN New Orleans.

But I feel bad about something.
Sean Payton wanted to be our coach in 2006, and we had first crack at him.

Also, last year, we wanted Greg Williams as our DC, and he wanted to get our gig. But his family preferred he stay in the south so he took the Saints job after Sean Payton ponied up more money to match us.

Dammit. Both of those guys could have been ours. Things would have been different because I believe our D-personnel is more talented than the overall Saints personnel. But thanks to Williams scheme, they found ways to hammer Warner, Farve, and Manning whereas we couldn't. I think McCarthy's offensive mind is as good as Sean Payton though.

Anyway, congratulations New Orleans. I'm happy they finally got to feel a Championship! Next year, it's our turn down in Big D, over a revamped Steelers team.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Payton coached one hell of a game and the fans of New Orleans are lucky to have him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#12 is the losingest(13) number in Superbowl history. But it's also the winningest(11). Let's hope A-Rodge can add a couple W's in the right columns

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08031/853582-66.stm

This was posted prior to the Giants-Patriots game and is probably completely irrelevant, but it's still interesting.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Saints Alive!
Them winning has to make the Vikings feel worse, as they really spanked the Saints around, IN New Orleans.

Also, last year, we wanted Greg Williams as our DC, and he wanted to get our gig. But his family preferred he stay in the south so he took the Saints job after Sean Payton ponied up more money to match us.

Dammit. Both of those guys could have been ours. Things would have been different because I believe our D-personnel is more talented than the overall Saints personnel. But thanks to Williams scheme, they found ways to hammer Warner, Farve, and Manning whereas we couldn't. I think McCarthy's offensive mind is as good as Sean Payton though.

Anyway, congratulations New Orleans. I'm happy they finally got to feel a Championship! Next year, it's our turn down in Big D, over a revamped Steelers team.
How do you know this?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
How do you know this?
I remember reading that Greg Williams was our first choice for DC and I think McCarthy offered the position to him but he declined.

Didn't know about this Sean Payton thing though.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I remember reading that Greg Williams was our first choice for DC and I think McCarthy offered the position to him but he declined.

I am fairly certain that Payton wanted to be the Packers' coach but never got the offer so he went to the next best thing

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Payton was the HC I wanted but I have no problem with MM, as for Williams..... Saints got takeways but so did the Packers, maybe not as much but still good for 2nd in NFL i believe. As for a defense, the Saints were not good, The take a ways are the only reason to consider them and okay defense. That Viking game is like every game for them, they get turnovers but that is all they offer. Capers defense overall runs circles around Williams Saint defense and it was much more them them to transition to. Packers got the better man.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saints Alive!

Well besides Payton we could've had Rod Marinelli, Dick Jauron, Gary Kubiak, Brad Childress, Eric Mangini, Art Shell, or Scott Linehan.

Hell why not keep continuing on and look at how we passed on Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Deion Sanders for you know who.

Hindsight.... Take it with a gain of salt.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post

TT can't be blamed at all for either guy. It is not TTs fault that Williams turned us down last year.
And McCarthy over Peyton..... except for the Super Bowl, I think our offense is just as good, or real close. Those two are both offensive masterminds it seems like. Very smart.

The difference in our fortunes so far is on the defensive side of the ball. They beat the teams we couldn't beat, because their defense played a lot better. That falls NOT on McCarthy or Payton's shoulders, but on Capers and Williams shoulders, and LIS, Thompson swung after Williams first, and offered more money. You have to give TT some credit for that. Plus Capers turned is into a great run defense right away. Now if he can upgrade the pass rush and pass coverage, we can win Super Bowls. Yes with an S.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just want to throw this out there:

One thing I really notice is trends and people talk about TT and what he will or won't do based on the past. Just like every person smart enough to be a general manager he's not simple and he doesn't have a one track mind. He'll explore all options - draft, free agency, trades and execute when he thinks the benefits outweigh the costs.

Based on past trends, this is what I expect in the offseason:

Free agency! Expect us to be more involved than the last couple years and look closer at the cream of the crop. Playoff team and a franchise quarterback, cap room, and our last dip into free agency was Chillar 2 years ago. Expect us to be involved with some of the bigger names available. If we don't sign someone, then I'd expect contract extentions to get pushed through.

Trade back in the draft. We've always done it except for last year. We added 2 blue chip prospects but now we are back on the other side of the spectrum where we need to restock prospects. We need bodies on the offensive line and secondary badly and will probably look at some low risk/high reward prospects, particularly at OLB and RB in the mid/late rounds.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

More news/info coming in on Julius Peppers. Besides NFL Network's Michael Lombardi's article about Ted Thompson needing to bring him in, I heard someone on ESPN Local radio down here in Dallas predict Peppers to the Packers. Can't remember if it was Rick Gosselin, or Randy Galloway...... but reading THIS, I don't see an chance he comes to Green Bay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...r_espn_4899375

Quote:
-- Julius Peppers no longer wants a long-term contract with Carolina Panthers, saying the Panthers have ignored him this offseason.

In an interview aired Tuesday morning on Charlotte radio station WFNZ-AM, the five-time Pro Bowl defensive end indicated he's irritated by the team's "silence" and has changed his stance on whether he wants to continue his career in Carolina.

"Last year, at the time, that was the option that I wanted most," Peppers said. "Now it's not."

Peppers bounced back with a career-high 14 sacks in 2008, then announced he wanted to play elsewhere and pleaded with the Panthers to let him leave in free agency. He said Tuesday he wanted out because he was upset with the team's direction under then-defensive coordinator Mike Trgovac.

The Panthers could use the franchise tag again in 2010, but it would include a 20 percent raise. Peppers would be due $20.1 million, plus another $1.5 million Pro Bowl bonus and $250,000 for each playoff victory.

Carolina could use the franchise tag again and try to trade Peppers, but Peppers would almost certainly first have to agree to a long-term deal with that team.

Several clubs, such as Philadelphia and New England, could be interested.
That BOLDED part probably eliminates us from being on his list.
I would say that would make his affection for Trgovac pretty low. Although he'd work with Greene and Capers with us, not really Trgovac.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not like it was ever a probability in the first place.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More news/info coming in on Julius Peppers. Besides NFL Network's Michael Lombardi's article about Ted Thompson needing to bring him in, I heard someone on ESPN Local radio down here in Dallas predict Peppers to the Packers. Can't remember if it was Rick Gosselin, or Randy Galloway...... but reading THIS, I don't see an chance he comes to Green Bay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...r_espn_4899375

That BOLDED part probably eliminates us from being on his list.
I would say that would make his affection for Trgovac pretty low. Although he'd work with Greene and Capers with us, not really Trgovac.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the fact that he would have broke the bank at a position he doesn't play probably eliminated us. I don't know why it took you this long to realize this...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the fact that he would have broke the bank at a position he doesn't play probably eliminated us. I don't know why it took you this long to realize this...
Back to the Cromartie gibberish...
Old 02-09-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, nic sig ^

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
#1- it's the off-season and nothing happens for certain... until it actually happens. all we have for 3 months are ideas and speculation. i know of a website where a year ago most of the dudes tried to dismiss any talk about us converting to a 3-4 defense. they thought that since they convinced each other it was a bad idea, that it actually must be a bad idea and hence would not happen. then reality bit them. and it happened.

#2- michael lombardi's article is what brought this up in the first place. he's on the nfl network and has worked in front offices of actual NFL teams, so he knows more than i do. or even some of you guys.

#3- even though we never got randy moss, the rumors about him early on were true, and it grew..... and there really was a deal to be made and the raiders thought they had one with us.....

#4- stranger things have happened. reggie white was never going to sign in the village of green bay, when he could just pick the 49ers or redskins or even cowboys. lessons learned.... you never say never.