Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Meh, I agree with you to some extent, but i don't think I would call Paulus an inconsistant shooter at all. It anything this season he has been a very consitant shooter, especially as of late.
I agree that Fraizer is the better defender, but it's closer than you think. Paulus moves his feet well and stays on the balls of his feet and rarly ever gets beat to the bucket of the dribble. He's a major reason Duke has the number one scoring defense in the ACC.
Paulus looks for the pass too much with his scoring ability and that is why he gets turnovers. So I don't 100% agree with your statement about him looking to shoot first. The only time I see him to look for the shot first is when the set the high screen pass/shoot option for him.

Nelson isn't Dukes "shooting guard", it's johnny boy. Nelson is more of a small forward I would say although he is listed as a guard. He's a difficult guy to put in a certian position. Give me a list of the starters you would like me to compare between the two teams and what positions.
Nelson is an off 2 guard, hence why I call him your shooting guard. He doesn't play like a SF at all. Which is why I put him in the 2 guard slot. Take your pick though, either player is better than McBride.

Paulus is a shoot first PG like most PG's are these days. Chet never looks for his own shot first. Hence why he's a pass first PG, one of the rare ones in CB right now. Haha part of it though is because he can't shoot very well. Paulus has plays for him to shoot, Chet doesn't.

And if you take the whole season into account, Paulus has been inconsistent. Sure he's picked it up late, but at the beginning of the year he was not good at all from the field.

Compare SF, PF, and C. Also bench. PM them to me if you want, I think it'd create less clutter on the board.

The little things that Chet does makes him such a good player. Defense, rebounding, toughness, hustle, smart plays, etc...Paulus has the more "sexy game" but I like Chet as a PG more than Greg.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marquette over Saint Johns. Now we move on to beat Pitt for the third time.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Nelson is an off 2 guard, hence why I call him your shooting guard. He doesn't play like a SF at all. Which is why I put him in the 2 guard slot. Take your pick though, either player is better than McBride.

Paulus is a shoot first PG like most PG's are these days. Chet never looks for his own shot first. Hence why he's a pass first PG, one of the rare ones in CB right now. Haha part of it though is because he can't shoot very well. Paulus has plays for him to shoot, Chet doesn't.

And if you take the whole season into account, Paulus has been inconsistent. Sure he's picked it up late, but at the beginning of the year he was not good at all from the field.

Compare SF, PF, and C. Also bench. PM them to me if you want, I think it'd create less clutter on the board.

The little things that Chet does makes him such a good player. Defense, rebounding, toughness, hustle, smart plays, etc...Paulus has the more "sexy game" but I like Chet as a PG more than Greg.
Well, the thing is Nelson actually plays more of a wingman than a off guard. Wingman is sort of a hybrid between shooting guard and small forward the way i see it. I honestly think this explains some of Dukes troubles because three of their best players( schreyer, henderson, and Nelson). With all of these guys it's difficult to have them all on the court at the same time. Well that and the lack of another true bigman. If

I know Paulus seemingly "picked it up" as of late the way most people see it withhis shooting, but I have honestly noticed it from day 1 this season in his shot. Shooting with much more confidence.

I guess this comes down to a preference team wise because Paulus really translates to the Duke team better because they have always relied more on guard play for success, especially in their offense where they rely on guard scoring heavily, mostly from the 2 guard. This is why I would much rather have Paulus, and I think in the future he will evolve into the better player out of the two. He has much more potential.

I don't really think we need to PM it because most of the people who come in here just come in to say so and so sucks or so and so is awsome. so they can work around it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh by the way everyone. Duke is really keeping Patrick Patterson entertained and it looks like they are the favorites to land him as of right now from what I have been reading. Alright!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not talking about systems though. We're talking about better all around players, and Chet is a better all around player. Paulus certainly has him offensively but in the other major categories such as passing, rebounding, and defense; Chet has Paulus beat. I think even you admitted you'd take Chet's passing over Paulus'.

I'll give Greg shooting, free throw shooting, and experience. But in every other catagory it's either a draw or Chet has him beat.

Sure Greg has more potential than Chester because of his offensive ability, but I'd take Chet any day over Greg. And if Chet can develop that shot this offseason even more, he'll catch up to Greg in that offensive category and solidify himself as one of the best PG's in the Big 10.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Oh by the way everyone. Duke is really keeping Patrick Patterson entertained and it looks like they are the favorites to land him as of right now from what I have been reading. Alright!
He'll be going to either Florida or Kentucky IMO.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He'll be going to either Florida or Kentucky IMO.
He just had a big sitdown with coach K at Cameron indoor this weekend. Things are looking good... I hope. Duke needs a power forward so bad. I can't remember the last time they had a pair of true bigmen besides just one and some other chump to compliment an outstanding big guy.

they get smoked.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We're not talking about systems though. We're talking about better all around players, and Chet is a better all around player. Paulus certainly has him offensively but in the other major categories such as passing, rebounding, and defense; Chet has Paulus beat. I think even you admitted you'd take Chet's passing over Paulus'.

I'll give Greg shooting, free throw shooting, and experience. But in every other catagory it's either a draw or Chet has him beat.

Sure Greg has more potential than Chester because of his offensive ability, but I'd take Chet any day over Greg. And if Chet can develop that shot this offseason even more, he'll catch up to Greg in that offensive category and solidify himself as one of the best PG's in the Big 10.
No we're not. However,I think this is another aspect that adds to Paulus's value because he is more important to his team, because they rely on guard play so much.

My vote goes passing - Fraizer
defense- draw, or near draw. Not a signifigant enough difference to go either way i think. I know your guy made the Big 10 all defense team. He is very good ,but Paulus averages 31 minutes a game on the ACC's best defense. See a connection here? He Also is playing agianst better guards in the ACC than in the big 10.

Reb. Fraizer, but come on ,these are PG's not really a majorly signifigant part of the game. That's for the big boys.

they get smoked.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
No we're not. However,I think this is another aspect that adds to Paulus's value because he is more important to his team, because they rely on guard play so much.

My vote goes passing - Fraizer
defense- draw, or near draw. Not a signifigant enough difference to go either way i think. I know your guy made the Big 10 all defense team. He is very good ,but Paulus averages 31 minutes a game on the ACC's best defense. See a connection here? He Also is playing agianst better guards in the ACC than in the big 10.

Reb. Fraizer, but come on ,these are PG's not really a majorly signifigant part of the game. That's for the big boys.
So you totally discount Chet's rebounding ability because it's "for the big boys?" Come on now TT, you cannot do that. He's a better rebounder than Paulus.

And I'm sorry but Paulus is not as good of a defender as Chet. Either you are a blind homer on this one or you really have no clue. Chet too was the best defender on the Big 10's best defensive team in conference play, or one of the best defensive teams in conference play, and this was again on one foot. Paulus may be a good defender but Chet is just a beast on defense. And I'm sorry, but Chet gets the edge hear without a doubt.

Therefore in the 3 categories you just mentioned, Chet beats Paulus in all 3. Like I said, I'll give Greg scoring, but that's it. Chet is a better passer, he's a better defender, and he's a better rebounder. That's 3 out of 4 in your categories where Chet wins.

If you want an honest non biased opinion, ask cards who the better defender is b/c he's seen both play this season. And I bet I know who he says.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So you totally discount Chet's rebounding ability because it's "for the big boys?" Come on now TT, you cannot do that. He's a better rebounder than Paulus.

And I'm sorry but Paulus is not as good of a defender as Chet. Either you are a blind homer on this one or you really have no clue. Chet too was the best defender on the Big 10's best defensive team in conference play, or one of the best defensive teams in conference play, and this was again on one foot. Paulus may be a good defender but Chet is just a beast on defense. And I'm sorry, but Chet gets the edge hear without a doubt.

Therefore in the 3 categories you just mentioned, Chet beats Paulus in all 3. Like I said, I'll give Greg scoring, but that's it. Chet is a better passer, he's a better defender, and he's a better rebounder. That's 3 out of 4 in your categories where Chet wins.

If you want an honest non biased opinion, ask cards who the better defender is b/c he's seen both play this season. And I bet I know who he says.
I didn't say it dosen't count, but it certianly isn't a really important area of play for a PG.

Defense. Do you forget who had a broken foot before this season and required surgery that was supposed to keep him out 6 weeks? If you wanna use that excuse I can too. It's not blind homerism saying Paulus is as good Fraizer at defense, it's fact. Him, Nelson, and McRoberts are the reason Duke had the number one defense in the ACC, and one of the top in the country for that matter. Sure, Illinios was a solid defensive team, but they didn't play agianst the caliber of teams Duke did either.
He wins in three categories? I gave him one, passing. Paulus at Shooting. Draw at Defense. If you count rebounding as one i might as well count leadership. expirance, and PPG too.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking good on my bet with my friend. Its looks like 8 teams are getting in from the Big East. And I don't think the ACC can match that. At worst we'll tie and no one will win.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm looking good on my bet with my friend. Its looks like 8 teams are getting in from the Big East. And I don't think the ACC can match that. At worst we'll tie and no one will win.
You can thank West Virginia for making every shot they threw up last night. I was laughing watching that game. I think Louisville is gonna smash them tonight.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
You can thank West Virginia for making every shot they threw up last night. I was laughing watching that game. I think Louisville is gonna smash them tonight.
WVU is so tricky. They are probably the one mid to late seed team that can get on a hot streak and win the Big East tournament.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
WVU is so tricky. They are probably the one mid to late seed team that can get on a hot streak and win the Big East tournament.
I think they are gonna be out the first round of the NCAA though. They are streaky the last time they played Providence they shot 9 for 41 from beyond the arch. So if they are hitting they are good if they aint there done. They have no inside game at all. I dont even think they shot a free throw in the entire first half.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you may very well win that bet with Clemson losing today. Who knows though? FSU could sneak in.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU played a hell of a game today and could quite possibly beat UNC. Tyler has stated that if the mask inhibits his game he won't wear it and that could come back to haunt him and UNC.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kentucky is raping Alabama!
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What in the blue hell is going on in Tampa!!!??!!!??!!!? Miami is killing Maryland? What is this a flashback to the game at Comcast????????

Gary get on them boys during the half.........

FEAR THE TURTLE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

No way FSU gets in. Weren't they 7-9 in conference???
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I didn't say it dosen't count, but it certianly isn't a really important area of play for a PG.

Defense. Do you forget who had a broken foot before this season and required surgery that was supposed to keep him out 6 weeks? If you wanna use that excuse I can too. It's not blind homerism saying Paulus is as good Fraizer at defense, it's fact. Him, Nelson, and McRoberts are the reason Duke had the number one defense in the ACC, and one of the top in the country for that matter. Sure, Illinios was a solid defensive team, but they didn't play agianst the caliber of teams Duke did either.
He wins in three categories? I gave him one, passing. Paulus at Shooting. Draw at Defense. If you count rebounding as one i might as well count leadership. expirance, and PPG too.
It's not a draw at defense TT, it's just not. I'm sorry but you are flat out wrong here. Chester is a better man to man defender than Paulus is, it's pretty simple. Did Paulus make first team all-defense? No. Did Frazier? Yes, and again, he was hobbled by actually two bad feet and his father is in very bad condition right now. Paulus is a darn good defender, I know he is, but he's not as good as Chet. You can try and argue the ACC and the Big 10 here all you want but the facts are out, and it's pretty clear to me who the better defender is; Chet's numbers are better on defense as well in both steals and blocks.

And how can you not count rebounding for guards? A guard who can rebound like Chester is extremely valuable and it ups your stock. He can sneak in and grab the boards from the big men, and again, that is very valuable to have a guard who can rebound. Again, just as Chet is one of the best defensive guards in the Big 10, he's one of the best rebounding.

And it's kinda BS about the experience. This is Chet's first year as a starter and Paulus' second year. And if we're talking about PPG, we should look at field goal attempts/game. And Paulus averages about 4 more shots per game than Chet.

And since you want to talk about Greg's play down the stretch, he's attempting 3 sometimes 4 as many shots as Chet has in that period of time.

So Chet averages better rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals per game than Paulus. In my book that makes him the better player. He attempts less field goals per ball game and is onlyl 4 points behind Greg. He doesn't have his experience either on the court, which is pretty damn impressive. And from what I've seen Chet is a better leader. Maybe not vocally, but physically.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
No way FSU gets in. Weren't they 7-9 in conference???
If they go deep in teh ACC tounrey they could make a run for the dance no doubt. I'm not saying they WILL get in, but they have a chance. They do have big wins over Florida and Duke.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

MSU is struggling with Northwestern. 10 point lead right now but it's been neck and neck in the 2nd Half so far.

Come on Kittles, pull this one out!

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
What in the blue hell is going on in Tampa!!!??!!!??!!!? Miami is killing Maryland? What is this a flashback to the game at Comcast????????

Gary get on them boys during the half.........

FEAR THE TURTLE!
Talk about a disappointing performance and a choke job so far.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Talk about a disappointing performance and a choke job so far.
No arguments here, they can't rebound and can't make free throws!

But they appear to be trying to make a run.... :D

FEAR THE TURTLE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I'll take that one back..

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-08-2007 at 03:16 PM.