Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Dockett is perfect for Suh. Long, rangey, great disruptive athlete. Well done.
Thank you sir...both can play the nose because of their ridiculous upper body power and the leverage they get... they're athletic enough to play UT or DE (in a 3-4) if that's what they're asked to do...same height...same weight...same body type...similar skillsets...

Suh's going to be such a good player...Dockett's pretty much Seymour without the 6'6 315+ body anyway.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Suh is stronger than Dockett and Seymour to be honest. I dunno what his reps will be, but he's massively strong functionally.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I think Suh is stronger than Dockett and Seymour to be honest. I dunno what his reps will be, but he's massively strong functionally.
People often forget how much of a beast Seymour was. He never put up huge numbers since he played end in a 3-4, but he was dominant for a long time. He still had a pretty good year in Oakland this past season, but if he played in a 4-3 his whole career he would have earned a lot more recognition as an elite player. He is probably the best 3-4 end we've seen and is what everyone looks for at the position; he is huge, strong, and very athletic. He was a froce against the run but could also rush the passer.

I really like the Suh to Seymour comparison, Suh is just 2 inches shorter. If Suh plays in a 3-4 he could be a Seymour type end but if he is drafted into a 4-3 then he could be the type of franchise type force big Rich could have been in that defense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
People often forget how much of a beast Seymour was. He never put up huge numbers since he played end in a 3-4, but he was dominant for a long time. He still had a pretty good year in Oakland this past season, but if he played in a 4-3 his whole career he would have earned a lot more recognition as an elite player. He is probably the best 3-4 end we've seen and is what everyone looks for at the position; he is huge, strong, and very athletic. He was a froce against the run but could also rush the passer.

I really like the Suh to Seymour comparison, Suh is just 2 inches shorter. If Suh plays in a 3-4 he could be a Seymour type end but if he is drafted into a 4-3 then he could be the type of franchise type force big Rich could have been in that defense.
Notice how fast that defense went downhill when Seymour left.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunno if he will ever be as good as Seymour, I just know he's stronger.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

people tend to forget he played DT for the first 2-3 years in NE and was a 3-4 DE for about 4-5 years.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's better at a similar stage.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
people tend to forget he played DT for the first 2-3 years in NE and was a 3-4 DE for about 4-5 years.
God...remember the SEC when Georgia's DTs were Stroud/Seymour and Tennessee's was Haynesworth/Henderson?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
God...remember the SEC when Georgia's DTs were Stroud/Seymour and Tennessee's was Haynesworth/Henderson?
Very good.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll agree with that...he's as strong as Dockett, and that's an compliment and a half...watch Darnell Dockett player and you'll see a guy who's as functionally strong as any DT in the league. Lines up everywhere for the Cards...Aren't there any Cardinal fans here to talk about this guy? He's a beast. There's a decent argument that he's the 2nd best 3-4 DL in the league right now behind Ngata...well now that Haynesworth's going onto a 3 man line...but yea there's an argument.

Seymour's a HOFer and probably the best 3-4 DE of his generation. He can best be described as the prototype for his position (along with a select few guys). I don't want to just throw a comparison to him out and I disappoint myself by throwing it out for Oghobaase a year or so ago.

I guess Suh can be considered in that class of DT prospect...but the way I look at it is that if someone was in this draft who played exactly like Suh but was 2 inches taller and about 15-20 pounds heavier then he'd clearly be the better prospect. That would be a DT in the class of Seymour (who should be considered a DT as well as a3-4 DE because I doubt a 4-3 team would have said no to him when he was younger).

Before I'm accused of it, I'm not diminishing Suh as a prospect. He's the top player in this draft, and the best DT prospect since Ngata.

Last edited by SenorGato : 02-17-2010 at 06:47 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
He played a 4-3 for his first two years, but in his second year we started moving towards the 3-4. He played the vast majority of his time here in a true 3-4, but man he looked like a beast in that 4-3. Still was a monster when we moved to a 3-4 but like I said earlier he would have put up ungodly numbers in a 4-3.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Don't forget about Shaun Rogers/Casey Hampton at Texas.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought of another good one just now:

Myron Rolle - Donovin Darius
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I'll agree with that...he's as strong as Dockett, and that's an compliment and a half...watch Darnell Dockett player and you'll see a guy who's as functionally strong as any DT in the league. Lines up everywhere for the Cards...Aren't there any Cardinal fans here to talk about this guy? He's a beast. There's a decent argument that he's the 2nd best 3-4 DL in the league right now behind Ngata...well now that Haynesworth's going onto a 3 man line...but yea there's an argument.
I am a big Dockett fan but not sure if the comparison is that great. Dockett is known for getting penetration from exploding off the snap (moreso when he was in a 4-3) whereas Suh seems slower off the snap but then overpowers lineman and uses his hands to get free.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The perfect comparisons for the 2 DTs are
Suh- Kevin Williams
McCoy - Darnell Dockett/Tommie Harris
Old 02-18-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
TankGiant
Rookie

TankGiant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Suh I think compares to Glenn Dorsey coming out of college. I know Dorsey has not been a stud in the NFL but for people who cannot remember Dorsey was called one of the top DT prospects in years when he was in college. I think they both are very powerful upper bodys and are both very quick for DT's. I think Suh is a slight better prospect but he is also a bigger prospect.
TankGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
The perfect comparisons for the 2 DTs are
Suh- Kevin Williams
McCoy - Darnell Dockett/Tommie Harris
this. because i made this comparison too and posted it in here I believe

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:42 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out the draft preparation video of Suh on NFL.com. He is HUGE.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGiant View Post
Suh I think compares to Glenn Dorsey coming out of college. I know Dorsey has not been a stud in the NFL but for people who cannot remember Dorsey was called one of the top DT prospects in years when he was in college. I think they both are very powerful upper bodys and are both very quick for DT's. I think Suh is a slight better prospect but he is also a bigger prospect.
I really don't see this at all. The only comparisons between the two is they were highly rated DTs and had legitimate injury concerns. Dorsey is a prototypical 3 technique and is quite short with good explosion. Suh has great length and bulk but lacks elite explosion. Suhs hand placement is also a lot better than Dorseys in my opinion.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have a few

Chad Jones-Adrian Wilson
Mardy Gilyard-Santonio Holmes
Anthony Davis-Ryan Clady (without the silky smooth technique)
Tim Tebow-Dallas Clark (for real)
Brandon Spikes-James Farrior
Sam Bradford-Alex Smith

thoughts?
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

= by far, the dumbest thing I've seen posted on this site in awhile.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post

= by far, the dumbest thing I've seen posted on this site in awhile.
lol you dont have to agree...its more of a joke than anything since i dont think theres a chance in hell tebow will change positions. they are about the same size, speed, didnt play TE (or much TE) in college and i do think TE would be his best chance to be successful

who would you compare tebow to?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Check out the draft preparation video of Suh on NFL.com. He is HUGE.
Is it just me, or does it look like he's bigger than the 300 lbs. he's listed at?
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
who would you compare tebow to?
Tim Tebow = Bobby Douglass
Old 02-19-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

O'Brien Schofield-Karlos Dansby...someone will get a steal later on since he'll have to go on IR as a rookie