Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Duke 1 in out in the NCAA tourney.
wanna put a sig bet on that one?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Air Force is not an at-large team IMO. Two teams from the Mountain West. That is all.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Air Force is not an at-large team IMO. Two teams from the Mountain West. That is all.
They may not be sexy, but they are still a really soid team.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Bem1
Rookie

Bem1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bem1 View Post
Ahhhh... here come all the Duke haters who only come out to play when Duke is down. I love it! Everyone is just sick of getting raped by Duke in the ACC. Cowards.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
They may not be sexy, but they are still a really soid team.
No me gusta. Everyone makes a huge deal about the fact that they beat Stanford, when Stanford itself might not even make it.

I'm not saying there isn't an argument to be made, and if they would have beaten Wyoming I probably wouldn't even say anything, but that seals it for me.

I'm pretty sure they will make it. But I don't think they deserve it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No me gusta. Everyone makes a huge deal about the fact that they beat Stanford, when Stanford itself might not even make it.

I'm not saying there isn't an argument to be made, and if they would have beaten Wyoming I probably wouldn't even say anything, but that seals it for me.

I'm pretty sure they will make it. But I don't think they deserve it.
meh, they really went on a bad loosing steak at the end there and lost to some substandered teams, but they are 23-8 still. Their RPI and SOS is not overly impressive. Howvere they really only had two bad losses all season long to SDSU and Wyoming. I think they are pretty solid, like I said, but I don't see them going deep in the tourney at all.
Probably a loss in the second round depending upon what kind of seed they get.

I find it funny they lost to wyoming when earlier in the season they beat them by over 40.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, completely overrated. They had a cake schedule.

UNLV deserves it... They beat Nevada and played better out of conference teams.

I'm not really impressed with BYU either.

Regardless, I don't feel sorry for midmajor bubble teams that don't make the tournament (minus Missouri Valley). Win your tournament and you're in. If you're a team like Air Force and lose first round of your tournament then it's sorry about your luck.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Penn state is a joke they have won 2 GAMES ALL SEASON in the big 10 and are what 11-18? NCST is 15-14 with two wins over VT and one over UNC.. Come on. NCST>>PSU.
Penn State is still a talented team. Hence why they were able to hang with tOSU, a team that blew us out. And hence why they were able to beat the #4 seed in our tourney.

They aren't on NC State's level, but they are far from a pushover.

And now you know how it feels to have guys out the entire season and what it does to your team. Still though, no excuse in losing to NC State. Game you should have won even with Henderson out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahhhh... here come all the Duke haters who only come out to play when Duke is down. I love it! Everyone is just sick of getting raped by Duke in the ACC. Cowards.
You need to get off your high horse my friend. Everyone hates Duke because the media thinks they're gods gift to basketball every year. We're tired of hearing about Duke every god damn day, even when they aren't doing well it's a front page news story on their game and how they're looking.

That and you've got guys like Dickie V sucking their nuts everytime he does a game making up excuses to why they're losing. Then Billy Packer defending Henderson's shot to Hansbrough's face. And Coach K having an interview every day on SC.

You need to realize that Duke is not good this year. I've called it all year long yet you refuse to believe it. I called you not doing well in the ACC, I called an early exit in the ACC tourney, and I'm calling a 1st or 2nd round exit in the tourney. And you also need to realize that the only reason Duke got a top 25 preseason ranking was because they were Duke.

Everyone else on here realizes it, and it's about time you do too. It's not that we're Duke haters, it's that we can see the forest through the trees.

Next year if everyone comes back you'll be very good and next year I'll respect that you are a good team. But this year you aren't and I won't respect Duke as a good team, because they aren't.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You need to get off your high horse my friend. Everyone hates Duke because the media thinks they're gods gift to basketball every year. We're tired of hearing about Duke every god damn day, even when they aren't doing well it's a front page news story on their game and how they're looking.

That and you've got guys like Dickie V sucking their nuts everytime he does a game making up excuses to why they're losing. Then Billy Packer defending Henderson's shot to Hansbrough's face. And Coach K having an interview every day on SC.

You need to realize that Duke is not good this year. I've called it all year long yet you refuse to believe it. I called you not doing well in the ACC, I called an early exit in the ACC tourney, and I'm calling a 1st or 2nd round exit in the tourney. And you also need to realize that the only reason Duke got a top 25 preseason ranking was because they were Duke.

Everyone else on here realizes it, and it's about time you do too. It's not that we're Duke haters, it's that we can see the forest through the trees.

Next year if everyone comes back you'll be very good and next year I'll respect that you are a good team. But this year you aren't and I won't respect Duke as a good team, because they aren't.

Perhaps the reason the media talks about Duke so muc his because they have been the pride of the NCAA and the most successful team in the last 15 years or so, and they have done it with exteam class.
A 1st round exit? do any of you who say this care for a sig bet?

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Perhaps the reason the media talks about Duke so muc his because they have been the pride of the NCAA and the most successful team in the last 15 years or so, and they have done it with exteam class.
A 1st round exit? do any of you who say this care for a sig bet?
I said a first or second round exit depending on who they get. I'll wait and see when the bracket comes out. Because if they get a cupcake first game then there's no sense in making the bet. But if they get a hard game I'll make that bet.

I think they deserve about an 8 or 9 seed this year, but they'll get a 5 or 6 unfortunately.

Perhaps the media should realize that Duke is not good this year and leave it alone instead of making excuse after excuse for them. Oh they're "inexperienced," oh they're "inconsistent." Well you should've never put them in the top 25 to begin with then. I'm tired of Dickie V singing their praises when they win but making up pathetic excuses when they lose.

Maybe we wouldn't be doing this if they weren't ranked right now, but as the #21 team in the nation bowing out early to NC State, there is no excuse to that. And a #21 team doesn't go 8-8 in the conference either.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hate Notre Dame in football cuz the media makes them out to be God's gift of football.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I hate Notre Dame in football cuz the media makes them out to be God's gift of football.
Exactly, and that's how Duke is in Basketball. Your views towards ND are pretty much everyone not a Duke fan's view towards the Blue Devils.

Although Duke is actually good most of the time. But this year is an exception. Duke is not a good team this year yet every story on College GameDay seems to be talking about them, which is really sickening.

I realize that they are a prestigious program in CB, but it's time to give other schools their due and leave the Duke talk for next year when they'll actually be good.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, and that's how Duke is in Basketball. Your views towards ND are pretty much everyone not a Duke fan's view towards the Blue Devils.

Although Duke is actually good most of the time. But this year is an exception. Duke is not a good team this year yet every story on College GameDay seems to be talking about them, which is really sickening.

I realize that they are a prestigious program in CB, but it's time to give other schools their due and leave the Duke talk for next year when they'll actually be good.
But I bet at least one person on ESPN makes Duke out to be a Cindarella making the elite 8/final 4 as a number 6 seed. I think they should be a 7 seed at best.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I said a first or second round exit depending on who they get. I'll wait and see when the bracket comes out. Because if they get a cupcake first game then there's no sense in making the bet. But if they get a hard game I'll make that bet.

I think they deserve about an 8 or 9 seed this year, but they'll get a 5 or 6 unfortunately.

Perhaps the media should realize that Duke is not good this year and leave it alone instead of making excuse after excuse for them. Oh they're "inexperienced," oh they're "inconsistent." Well you should've never put them in the top 25 to begin with then. I'm tired of Dickie V singing their praises when they win but making up pathetic excuses when they lose.

Maybe we wouldn't be doing this if they weren't ranked right now, but as the #21 team in the nation bowing out early to NC State, there is no excuse to that. And a #21 team doesn't go 8-8 in the conference either.
Those arn't excuses they're facts.....

BTW the rest of our Duke vs. Illinois conversation may slow down because i go on spring break tomorrow. I will be skiing in the Rockies so it might be kinda hard.We'll see.Sorry this is taking so long, but I have midterms and stuff before spring break.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Those arn't excuses they're facts.....

BTW the rest of our Duke vs. Illinois conversation may slow down because i go on spring break tomorrow. I will be skiing in the Rockies so it might be kinda hard.We'll see.Sorry this is taking so long, but I have midterms and stuff before spring break.
Then they shouldn't be in the top 25 TT. If those right there are facts, then you aren't a top 25 team.

My whole argument against Duke is that they shouldn't have been a top 25 team to begin with, and they aren't one now because they are inexperienced and inconsistent. Yet you shoot me down and tell me they are. I'm sorry buddy but your performance in the ACC and this most recent first round exit say otherwise. And no, I'm not saying we're a top 25 team either. Talent wise, yes we are IMO, but we do not deserve to be in the top 25 at all for obvious reasons.

I have the utmost respect for the Duke program. Sure I hate them, but I realize that they are usually very good every year, this season being an exception to that. And you've been spoiled as a fan to great teams every year. And I think you don't want to admit that this is not a good year for you.

Every team has down years. This year can be considered a down year for us from 2 years ago when we went to the National Title Game. You can't expect to compete for a championship every season, it's just not going to happen. And you need to realize that there are rebuilding phases in CB. And this is certainly one of those years for Duke.

Like I said, next year I'm all for Duke being a top 25 team b/c they'll return pretty much everyone, but not this year. And the media needs to get off Duke and focus on teams like OSU, Kansas, Florida, UCLA, Wisky, and the rest of the contenders this season.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im actually wondering if duke is outta the tournament cause theyre likely to fall out of the top 25 and if a team like NC st. and Miami wins the ACC tourney by some suprise thats an extra ACC team that dosent deserve to be in and basically almost the whole conference will be in so duke might be omited- i know im a hater and im opptimisic but is there a possiblity?
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
im actually wondering if duke is outta the tournament cause theyre likely to fall out of the top 25 and if a team like NC st. and Miami wins the ACC tourney by some suprise thats an extra ACC team that dosent deserve to be in and basically almost the whole conference will be in so duke might be omited- i know im a hater and im opptimisic but is there a possiblity?
Uh no. Duke's in without a doubt. They're a lock for the Tourney. Probably as a 6 seed, although they should be at an 8 or 9 seed.

Duke will not miss this tournament. TT is gonna flip out though on this one.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Then they shouldn't be in the top 25 TT. If those right there are facts, then you aren't a top 25 team.

My whole argument against Duke is that they shouldn't have been a top 25 team to begin with, and they aren't one now because they are inexperienced and inconsistent. Yet you shoot me down and tell me they are. I'm sorry buddy but your performance in the ACC and this most recent first round exit say otherwise. And no, I'm not saying we're a top 25 team either. Talent wise, yes we are IMO, but we do not deserve to be in the top 25 at all for obvious reasons.

I have the utmost respect for the Duke program. Sure I hate them, but I realize that they are usually very good every year, this season being an exception to that. And you've been spoiled as a fan to great teams every year. And I think you don't want to admit that this is not a good year for you.

Every team has down years. This year can be considered a down year for us from 2 years ago when we went to the National Title Game. You can't expect to compete for a championship every season, it's just not going to happen. And you need to realize that there are rebuilding phases in CB. And this is certainly one of those years for Duke.

Like I said, next year I'm all for Duke being a top 25 team b/c they'll return pretty much everyone, but not this year. And the media needs to get off Duke and focus on teams like OSU, Kansas, Florida, UCLA, Wisky, and the rest of the contenders this season.
Duke isn't a top 25 team after that loss if there was a coaches poll monday. Do I think they deserved to be there before that loss? Of course.

BTW McRoberts may not return next season. I personally don't expect him to.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Billy Packer would bust a nut.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marquette out of the Big East tourney after losing to Pitt after beating them the first 2 times.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh.my. Favre. Are you ******* kidding me? that is all.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Uh no. Duke's in without a doubt. They're a lock for the Tourney. Probably as a 6 seed, although they should be at an 8 or 9 seed.

Duke will not miss this tournament. TT is gonna flip out though on this one.
That does deserve a flip out because it's absolutly somthing a uninformed Duke hater would say, and you know Duke is in, easily at that. I'm not going to watse my time however.

they get smoked.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the WAC tournament games are at my campus so I get to watch all of them for $20. BRING ON BOISE STATE!!!!! New Mexico State is so going to win the conference. I watched the Boise State vs Fresno State game and Boise has some fine cheerleaders. Damn Ian Johnson, Chrissy Popadicks is even hotter in person. I couldnt even pay attention to the game. She is f'n hot.