Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-08-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got Dwyer. Next pick will be OL for sure!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Bingo! Good move and now you can try to target Roger Saffold or John Jerry for LG.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bazinga!!!!! Really good draft.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LG is ideal (Jerry is the most recognizable riser but Sergio Render could be a solid pick too). However do not slip on BPA if say a 3rd round graded WR or DE slips. I like Shipley or Roberts as the "eraser" for CJ if available. Also, Alex Carrington would be solid in round 4 if not off the board already.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
LG is ideal (Jerry is the most recognizable riser but Sergio Render could be a solid pick too). However do not slip on BPA if say a 3rd round graded WR or DE slips. I like Shipley or Roberts as the "eraser" for CJ if available. Also, Alex Carrington would be solid in round 4 if not off the board already.
I got Alex Carrington to the Chargers :P
Shipley is gone to the Patriots.
Ill see either OG or WR/DE
Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What round is it? Jacoby Ford is a good prospect if available. Blair White in the fifth would be nice.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Lions are up in the mock draft, who should they take? They already got McCoy, Wilson, and Dwyer.

I would say either: Rodger Saffold, Jerome Murphy, or Myron Lewis and probably in this order.

I think Saffold would really be a good LG, where as I kind of think that Murphy and Lewis could be brought in to compete at CB, but if they can't beat out Buchanon then they both could switch over to FS and move Delmas to SS.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

I just got John Jerry
Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
I just got John Jerry
That works, I personally see him as a RG compared to Saffold as a LG, which is what we need, but maybe thats just me.

Great job on the mock draft so far!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Lions are up in the mock draft, who should they take? They already got McCoy, Wilson, and Dwyer.

I would say either: Rodger Saffold, Jerome Murphy, or Myron Lewis and probably in this order.

I think Saffold would really be a good LG, where as I kind of think that Murphy and Lewis could be brought in to compete at CB, but if they can't beat out Buchanon then they both could switch over to FS and move Delmas to SS.
Great analysis woodnick ... So yo uare real high on Saffold huh? I never saw him play, is he versatile enough to play T as well? Sell em on his strong points, ord knows we need a LG!

Quote:
I just got John Jerry
Jerry is a very large man. His stock rose quickly during/after the senior bowl which means he held his own against the best. (not named Suh or McCoy) I like our pick so far.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Great analysis woodnick ... So yo uare real high on Saffold huh? I never saw him play, is he versatile enough to play T as well? Sell em on his strong points, ord knows we need a LG!

Jerry is a very large man. His stock rose quickly during/after the senior bowl which means he held his own against the best. (not named Suh or McCoy) I like our pick so far.
I've only seen Saffold play a couple of times, but everything I've read on him sounds like he dominated during the East-West Shrine Bowl practices and game. In Practice, playing LT, it sounds like he more than held his own against Greg Hardy, Witten, etc.

In general I've heard some questions about his ability to be a LT, supposedly he's inconsistent while handling the speed rushers which kind of reminds me of the knock on Backus.

I've also read that he does a good job of being able to get low and take on bigger D-Lineman and athletic enough to pull/get to the 2nd level. His size and strenghts/weaknesses reminds me of other good LGs, namely Steinbach and Kris Dielman, not to say that Saffold is guaranteed to be on that level because he is not.

Jerry kind of concerns me with his weight, but when he's motivated he seems like he can really play up. Kind of sounds like a young versoin of Damien Woody, but he seems to have good potential.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of this mock draft so far. Good job bud.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

[quote=SINCE1978;2014326]Great analysis woodnick ... So yo uare real high on Saffold huh? I never saw him play, is he versatile enough to play T as well? Sell em on his strong points, ord knows we need a LG!

Also found this on Saffold, really like everything I read on him:

01/20/2010 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: OT Roger Saffold, Indiana: It's hard to argue anyone but Saffold was the best player on the field this week. He was strong, moved his feet well in pass protection and when drive-blocking gave good effort through the end of plays, and was mobile enough to hit targets at the second level. Some scouts will project him inside, but it appears the 3.5-year starter at left tackle should at least get a chance to prove he can handle those responsibilities. A third-round selection seems likely for Saffold at this point in the process. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, *************.com

01/19/2010 - East-West Shrine Tuesday Practice: The matchup between Ole Miss defensive end Greg Hardy and Indiana tackle Roger Saffold was worth the price of the flight to Orlando. Saffold controlled Hardy in most one-on-one drills, eating up a spin move, turning him and allowing him no space in which to work. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, *************.com

01/18/2010 - East-West Shrine Monday Practice: Indiana offensive tackle Roger Saffold is a player to watch - the explosion he displayed coming out of his stance and his mobility to the second level were impressive, even without pads on. On one play, he gave Purdue defensive tackle Mike Neal a good ride off the snap, and Neal has plenty of strength himself. Saffold has the strength and footwork to be among the 10 tackles potentially selected in the top 100 this year. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, *************.com
Old 02-17-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Jump on Jerome Murphy when you are up!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Got Jerome Murphy
Old 02-18-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Got Jerome Murphy
Nice, you got a great draft going on!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Gerald McCoy DT
Kyle Wilson CB
Johnathan Dwyer RB
John Jerry OG
Aleric Mullins DT
Blair White WR

Added:
Mike Karney

Im done guys, rip it apart!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks great. i'd let you draft for mayhew.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote