Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame Come see the history of the DC Message Boards

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I Bought a Duck

Alright listen I don't know what your rules are here for starting off topic threads but time is of the essence and I need opinions. You all strike me as wise people when it comes to the draft so odds are you also know a lot about ducks.

My roommate and I just ordered a baby duck for $55 from eFowl.com. It's a real website. We have a 4 person apartment at the U of Illinois. We don't really care whether the other two roommates want it or not, they won't say anything either way, and we think it will be funny when the duck shows up unannounced. Now, my roommate and I really want a pet duck, but we know nothing of taking care of a duck. Almost everyone we've talked to thinks we'll kill it and are telling us to cancel the order immediately. We really don't think we'll kill it; we've both taken care of other pets before. On the other hand we're in college and enjoy drinking and what not, so that's to be considered.

Anyway, I need opinions. In the off chance that any of you have ever had a pet duck, let me know whether you killed it. If so, let me know where you went wrong. Like I said, there's only so much time to cancel the order, so let me know.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me be the first, why the F would you want a pet duck? Those things are killers.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't aware of this. How so?
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Alright listen I don't know what your rules are here for starting off topic threads but time is of the essence and I need opinions. You all strike me as wise people when it comes to the draft so odds are you also know a lot about ducks.

My roommate and I just ordered a baby duck for $55 from eFowl.com. It's a real website. We have a 4 person apartment at the U of Illinois. We don't really care whether the other two roommates want it or not, they won't say anything either way, and we think it will be funny when the duck shows up unannounced. Now, my roommate and I really want a pet duck, but we know nothing of taking care of a duck. Almost everyone we've talked to thinks we'll kill it and are telling us to cancel the order immediately. We really don't think we'll kill it; we've both taken care of other pets before. On the other hand we're in college and enjoy drinking and what not, so that's to be considered.

Anyway, I need opinions. In the off chance that any of you have ever had a pet duck, let me know whether you killed it. If so, let me know where you went wrong. Like I said, there's only so much time to cancel the order, so let me know.
Well murdering the duck was probably where it went wrong in that scenario.
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I drew the duck blue because I have never seen a blue duck before, and to be honest I wanted to see a blue duck.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah to be honest, this sounds like a bad idea. Even if you do manage to take pretty good care of it, its going to be alot of work, especially keeping your place clean ( it'll crap everywhere). Plus that not accounting for what other people will do, especially if intoxicated. Not a good idea for a college kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now you just need a laughing dog.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone knows that ducks are vicious, vicious animals.

And don't even get me started on Canadian geese...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread has hall of fame potential.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my landlord had 2 pet ducks... (I live in downtown Milwaukee) they were pretty badass... You need some kind of yard or something, and a pond is pretty essential.

They need a food source, they'll eat insects and stuff, but you'll probably have to supplement that with some kind of grain or something. They also love cat food.

Ultimately it's a terrible idea, and will only end poorly.

They didn't die, but they really didn't like the snow much... My landlord ended up taking them to a farm in Minnesota.

-edit
also, I don't know what kind of duck you got, but if it's one capable of flying, then be prepared to have to go find it on occasion. You'll also need some kind of enclosed area like a coop for them to sleep in at night if you're going to keep them outside because they will be a target for raccoons and such.

Be prepared to deal with a ton of duck **** too. It's gross, and they **** ALL the time.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Last edited by VoteLynnSwan : 02-25-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend, a college student, has two pet ducks. He claims he likes it, but it looks like a gigantic pain in the ass with little pay off.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they get mad ( which they can ), they hit very hard. They've broken arms.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
My friend, a college student, has two pet ducks. He claims he likes it, but it looks like a gigantic pain in the ass with little pay off.
zero payoff... if anything, get chickens. At least then you'll get free eggs.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I drew the duck blue because I have never seen a blue duck before, and to be honest I wanted to see a blue duck.
and it's a beautiful duck, billy
Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once I had sex with a duck.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your prayers have been answered:

http://www.petducksblog.com/

Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a pet midget
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While it may be a terrible, terrible idea to get a pet duck, it does sound like it could be very, very interesting. I personally wouldn't even get a duck because I am lazy and would definitely kill it. If i were you, I would try and keep it alive until it gets big, then you have your own personally raised duck ready to cook. Duck is nummy.

I also refuse to believe you weren't stoned when you ordered said duck. No sober and sane individual would ever purchase a duck online in college. + rep because this is ******* funny.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** are you going to do with a duck?

What are you going to name it? I'd go cliche with Donald.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
my landlord had 2 pet ducks... (I live in downtown Milwaukee) they were pretty badass... You need some kind of yard or something, and a pond is pretty essential.

They need a food source, they'll eat insects and stuff, but you'll probably have to supplement that with some kind of grain or something. They also love cat food.

Ultimately it's a terrible idea, and will only end poorly.

They didn't die, but they really didn't like the snow much... My landlord ended up taking them to a farm in Minnesota.

-edit
also, I don't know what kind of duck you got, but if it's one capable of flying, then be prepared to have to go find it on occasion. You'll also need some kind of enclosed area like a coop for them to sleep in at night if you're going to keep them outside because they will be a target for raccoons and such.

Be prepared to deal with a ton of duck **** too. It's gross, and they **** ALL the time.
THIS! Do not under-estimate raccoons! Those little bastards WILL outsmart you no matter what you do. My ex-girlfriend had 3 baby chicks, and I had to take care of them for a few days. So the first night I was over there, I fed 'em and everything. When I went to put them away, this is what I did: I put them in a pet-carrier, and suspended it in midair from a tree branch with a bungie cord. So it was suspended in frickin' midair, about 5 feet off the ground. Also, surrounding the area underneath the pet-carrier was a dog pen. So yeah, I thought to myself, "Well done TitanHope, you've got these baby chickens secured. Your GF will love you so much for taking such good care of her chicks that she'll will express her gratitude via frisky endeavors."

So I come back the next day and one of the chicks was gone!!! I was STUNNED! I called my GF and was like, "I dunno how it happened! There were 3 and now there are 2!" I was looking all over for feathers and stuff, but there was no evidence of chicknapping. She was cool about it though, and she said "It's ok TitanHope. Raccoons are evil, demonic creatures and are capable of this." And I was like, "No! I fool proofed this thing! I did not get outsmarted by a raccoon!" And she was like, "Yeah, you did...but it's ok though!!!"

I was a sad panda. I felt bad for the chicknapped one. It got frickin' pulled through a pet-carrier cage door and eaten by raccoons. And yes, I totally brought the other two chicks home with me until she came back. I wasn't gonna leave the little tikes there in that death trap.

So yeah, raccoons, ducks, and canadian geese are all evil and hopefully become extinct some day.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds cool. Ducks aren't vicious unless they are wild.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

So the consensus seems to be no, which is depressing. I've always wanted a duck. Somebody needs to give me some pros to having this thing. That duck blog doesn't make it seem too hard, outside of needing a coop....

As for the name, my roommate wants to name it Duck, and I want to name it Scrambles. We're adamantly against each other's suggestion, so we'll hammer out the issue when we decide if we're keeping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I also refuse to believe you weren't stoned when you ordered said duck. No sober and sane individual would ever purchase a duck online in college.
No comment.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So the consensus seems to be no, which is depressing. I've always wanted a duck. Somebody needs to give me some pros to having this thing. That duck blog doesn't make it seem too hard, outside of needing a coop....

As for the name, my roommate wants to name it Duck, and I want to name it Scrambles. We're adamantly against each other's suggestion, so we'll hammer out the issue when we decide if we're keeping it.

No comment.
The name is obviously Darkwing.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I want a pet midget
I was at a metal show last week and there was a midget in the mosh pit, haha! I felt bad so I had to keep pushing him away from me and I tried to get him out of harms way. He stayed in it though.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I was at a metal show last week and there was a midget in the mosh pit, haha! I felt bad so I had to keep pushing him away from me and I tried to get him out of harms way. He stayed in it though.
How disrespectful. Midgets are almost like real human beings so you need to try to treat them as if they are normal.