Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.
I still don't understand how mine is fine. Just turned it on, nothing seems to be wrong.

It's not a slim.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sure would make sense for them to email this info out. I get emails about the Playstation Store updates, why the hell not this??

I was really hoping to play a game of Madden tonight, my PS3 hasn't been on all week! :(
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad playstation has found a way to bring the y2k virus to all of us who were let down on Jan. 1 2000.

Seriously, how do you make a system that A. can't change a date and B. has every single piece of it's functionality dependent on the date and time settings?

Did you have a 3 year old program the software?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the new PS3 slims are not borked with this clock malfunction?
Old 03-01-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
So the new PS3 slims are not borked with this clock malfunction?
Apparently the new PS3 slims are working fine and a few fatties as well.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'm glad playstation has found a way to bring the y2k virus to all of us who were let down on Jan. 1 2000.

Seriously, how do you make a system that A. can't change a date and B. has every single piece of it's functionality dependent on the date and time settings?

Did you have a 3 year old program the software?
No joke, that is just ridiculous. It seems like it would be a simple fix also.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4949103

Wow, awesome, EA Sports! Fix the **** nobody cares about some more.

So stupid. The computer cheats you on Heisman and the game is way too easy on All American. They know your play every single time. I have to audible pre play to even get a remotely close feel of playcalling. Not to mention the angles the receiver/defensive back take to the ball are still awful.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a slim, and it's been working fine lately.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got on the playstation 3 forums and they said the PSN is back up and I got on and i was able to sign in! Woo. Im not sure about the trophy stuff though But Ive been able to get on to Call of Duty MW2 Online.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4949103

Wow, awesome, EA Sports! Fix the **** nobody cares about some more.

So stupid. The computer cheats you on Heisman and the game is way too easy on All American. They know your play every single time. I have to audible pre play to even get a remotely close feel of playcalling. Not to mention the angles the receiver/defensive back take to the ball are still awful.
I dont know about the PS3 but, on the 360, the heisman difficulty was way too easy. Even in the online dynasty we had on here, we were all scoring 60+ per game against the cpu. Granted, there were plenty of cheap ints thrown, but heisman was so stupid this year, that I actually only ended up playing like a full season and a half before it just got too boring. Normally I'd play multiple dynasties spanning a lot longer. You shouldnt be able to blow out BCS schools with the likes of Mid Tenn. State. There was no realism factor, you could do the same plays over and over...the same few all worked. This is on the 360, though...I never played the PS3 version.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sony is the Toyota of the gaming console world. Watch out guys. One second you'll be enjoyin' yourself with your vidya game, and then BAM!!! Your Nissan Skyline on Gran Turismo Umpteen comes through your screen and turns you into roadkill.

To add insult to injury, accidental death is an auto-game over on GT Umpteen.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont know about the PS3 but, on the 360, the heisman difficulty was way too easy. Even in the online dynasty we had on here, we were all scoring 60+ per game against the cpu. Granted, there were plenty of cheap ints thrown, but heisman was so stupid this year, that I actually only ended up playing like a full season and a half before it just got too boring. Normally I'd play multiple dynasties spanning a lot longer. You shouldnt be able to blow out BCS schools with the likes of Mid Tenn. State. There was no realism factor, you could do the same plays over and over...the same few all worked. This is on the 360, though...I never played the PS3 version.
WTF is up with the bashing of Mtsu on this board??? Voodoo and I are sad pandas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MTSU is a beast guys!

The same thing happened with Appy State when they went up against Michigan. Oh no, you don't schedule a big name school. "You play a team like Appalachian State to warm things up." And then whaddya know? Corey Lynch is blocking a field goal and making 100,000 adults cry.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
MTSU is a beast guys!

The same thing happened with Appy State when they went up against Michigan. Oh no, you don't schedule a big name school. "You play a team like Appalachian State to warm things up." And then whaddya know? Corey Lynch is blocking a field goal and making 100,000 adults cry.
Funny story, too bad it never actually happened!

Yes, I am an Appalachian State denier.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
******* idiot PSN programmers... the ******* code for dealing with leap years is like, high school level programming. my little sister could probably write the pseudo code to do it properly, and she can barely count past ten. i mean, on the plus side it isn't red ring o' bricked, but like, why is nintendo the only company that can make a remotely stable console?

is everything up for everyone now, or is it still just slims? and was there a system update?
Well now I'm afraid to turn my PS3 on. I might get filled with as much rage as you :(

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to do a test run on mine. It was asploded anyway, so a test run can't make it worse (probably).

Edit: Mine appears to be working again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 03-01-2010 at 08:59 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
sys update, or did it just kick in properly?
Sorry, I should have made that clear. It just kicked in. I haven't connected to the internet since a few days before it went wacky. The internal clock must have just reset itself or something.

I should point out that I don't have a bunch of stuff saved on my system either. So if you do, I don't know if it's going to mess any of it up if you do.

Quote:

Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I signed in to the internet and updated my time and date via the internet and all appears fine. There's no system update or anything.

I haven't attempted to play a game yet, though, so I don't know about the trophies/saved data thing that was apparently a problem during apocalyPS3.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"apocalyPS3"

excellent!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
"apocalyPS3"

excellent!
Yes, I saw it on the playstation blog comments. It's quite excellent considering how much some people went apeshit over losing trophies, or not being able to play MW2 for like 12 hours.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I was able to get on a single player game of MW2 and my save data was fine, so I think everything is good, at least on my end.

Quote:

Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Installing my copy of The Show right now.. I'll post back with some thoughts in a bit
Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Started a franchise with the Twins, I dicked around a bit before I played my first game.

I won 5-4 in 11 innings.. I was down 1-0 heading into the 7th, but Pedroia booted an easy double play ball and ended up tying the game.. Kubel hit a 2 run bomb in the 8th to make it 3-1. I brought in Nathan and promptly gave up the lead.. 3-3 in the 11th, Cameron homers with 2 outs in the top half... I muster up a classic Twins rally and sac bunt/sac fly the first run and then hit a double in the gap and Delmon Young wheeled in from 1st to score the winning run.

Pretty sweet first game. I really like the way it plays.. very smooth.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Started a franchise with the Twins, I dicked around a bit before I played my first game.

I won 5-4 in 11 innings.. I was down 1-0 heading into the 7th, but Pedroia booted an easy double play ball and ended up tying the game.. Kubel hit a 2 run bomb in the 8th to make it 3-1. I brought in Nathan and promptly gave up the lead.. 3-3 in the 11th, Cameron homers with 2 outs in the top half... I muster up a classic Twins rally and sac bunt/sac fly the first run and then hit a double in the gap and Delmon Young wheeled in from 1st to score the winning run.

Pretty sweet first game. I really like the way it plays.. very smooth.
There are a lot of issues with the rosters regarding their potential ratings, and franchise mode with CPU controlled teams placing all star players on waivers and just letting them go.