Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-01-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Here is the draft order for the minor league draft, per the link that Xio posted. I'll make a seperate thread when the day comes closer. We'll do 4 rounds for an even snake draft.

1) Charm City
2) HChu
3) BF51
4) djp
5) tjunstein
6) D-Unit
7) Brodeur
8) Scotty
9) yo123
10) Xio
I give you the link and you put me last!?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you're joking, but I put together a rough top 40 last night, and the difference between 1 and 40 really isn't that great. If this were an NL only league the top two spots would be far more valuable than the rest.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the date we're looking at for this minor league draft?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Same guy you drafted?
That's also an option, but not the guy I'm thinking of. I took Jennings knowing he's 99% starting in AAA, but if by some chance he makes the big league club, for $1 it's the steal of the century. It's a low risk high reward gamble.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
That's also an option, but not the guy I'm thinking of. I took Jennings knowing he's 99% starting in AAA, but if by some chance he makes the big league club, for $1 it's the steal of the century. It's a low risk high reward gamble.
It was definitely a savvy move. Even if you have to put him back into the pool.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Name the Top 3 teams without giving your own consideration.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody really stands out, but I'd say, as far as the future goes,

HChu
D-Unit
then either Xiomera or BF

If I can find some sort of production from 1B and 3B, I think I have the best team for this season. And some very very nice pieces to build on like Matusz, Garza, Holland, Sizemore, Zobrist, and LaPorta.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't honestly say that someone else's lineup will match up to mine but my pitching is very beatable.

Coming in 2nd-4th. Me coming in first.

2. TEAM D-UNIT
3. BALTIMORE WARIOLES
4. CLEVELAND DRUNKEN INDIANS

How about yours D?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like your hitting a lot, but I think D has close to as good as yours and a lot better pitching. You have an assload of gambles pitching wise and D has those as well, but safer guys on the bench to fall back on if those don't pan out.

I'm excited for the minor league draft!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I can't honestly say that someone else's lineup will match up to mine but my pitching is very beatable.

Coming in 2nd-4th. Me coming in first.

2. TEAM D-UNIT
3. BALTIMORE WARIOLES
4. CLEVELAND DRUNKEN INDIANS

How about yours D?
I tried looking at it last night and I had a hard time. That's why I asked.

I'm surprised at how few teams have at least 2 strong SPs. Me included. But maybe I'm wrong and I didn't look close enough at your teams. I was worried that my 2nd best pitcher was looking like David Price. haha. As djp said, I have a boatload of hopefuls at that position. After Sabathia it's ugly...

Price, Buchholtz, Morrow, Liriano, Cecil, Marcum, Hochevar.

I guess I can provide a few notes on everyone...

BF... Nice line up. Steady throughout, but pitching is underwhelming, even if there is some upside.

Brodeur - No one to really write home about in the line up outside of potential man, Weiters. Pitching is strong on RP... but WTF did you spend your money on mannnnn????

djp - rough start because he didn't show up for the draft, but rounded out his team nicely. OF is strong, but infield outside of Zobrist leaves a lot to be desired. Pitching is set up nice for the future if Holland and Slowey produce. I really like Garza, but Lackey is frail...and there are a lot of pitchers who will put up Garza like numbers. Don't really see a true Ace, but Matusz has that potential.

Xio - There's Teixeira/Jeter and a bunch of hopefuls. Pitching is way too heavy on the RPs, but he's got an Ace in Verlander and SPs he does have on the roster should put up decent (not great) numbers.

Hchu - I don't like his batters at all, but there is some decent potential with his OFs (Span, Quentin, Rios and Gutierrez). But he makes up for it on his pitching staff. Got an Ace in King Felix and has 3 strong closers. Scherzer, Buehrle aren't bad. Got a few, but not a lot of guys with long term potential, imo.

tjsunman - Looks to have one of the better line ups from top to bottom. Nice blend of youth (Pedroia, Andrus, Ellsbury, Morales, Butler, Scott, Suzuki) and vets (Crawford, Wells). Pitching is kind of rank, but at least he's got an Ace in Lester. Outside of that... good luck buddy. High investment in batters could be the downfall.

Yo - One of the Top 3 teams, imo. Built nicely to win now and in the future. Real steady and strong batters, but Pitching is beastly. Greinke and Beckett are both Aces. One of the few teams with 2. Nice blend of youth with Cahill, Niemann, and Romero. Should be tough to beat.

CCB - Another Top 3 team. Cabrera, Longoria, Adam Jones, Beckham, Abreu will carry that team far enough to make up for the weaknesses at C and 2B. Got his Ace in Cliff Lee. Nice RP in Soria. Youth well served in Porcello, Tillman...and others with upside.

Scotty - Hey, it's scotty... he's here just for fun, right? *hearty chuckle*
Old 03-01-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pffft my team gets no respect as always, I'll show you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like my team at all really. My internet was really slow during the auction and it didn't give me enough time to look at anything, or even know what was going on half the time.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I also thought Matsui was OF eligible. Whoops. If anyone wants to trade an OF for a 1B or DH player, let me know. It can be something minor, I don't care.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have killed :). Scotty can I be your asst. minor league director?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely GF1080! my minor league skills are weak
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your skills in general are weak.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking to acquire an Outfielder. Needs only to be an improvement over Jake Fox.

I have Marco Scutaro, Ervin Santana, four closers, and Orlando Hudson as trade bait, though you're free to inquire about others' availability.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
absolutely GF1080! my minor league skills are weak
Awesome. Just run your thoughts by me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I like my team but should have paid the money for a 1b. I'll trade for one at some point. Thanks for the input D
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone else think there should be an Innings pitched limit and not a game started limit?

People are just gonna stream starting pitchers without one . . . at least with the limit all the way up at 200 GS. If we all have 5 SP on average make 32 starts, that's only 160 . . .

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-01-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Anyone else think there should be an Innings pitched limit and not a game started limit?

People are just gonna stream starting pitchers without one . . . at least with the limit all the way up at 200 GS. If we all have 5 SP on average make 32 starts, that's only 160 . . .
What Daniel said.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

Nope. I drafted accordingly. Too late now.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nope. I drafted accordingly. Too late now.
I don't think it is. Especially considering I raised this issue long before the draft.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't like my team at all really. My internet was really slow during the auction and it didn't give me enough time to look at anything, or even know what was going on half the time.
Well you were very timely anytime a Rangers player was put up for bid. :D So I dunno about that excuse. You paid high for them too. I know you won't admit to it, but I think you thought I was going to overbid you. ;)

The only one I really wanted was Feliz... bastard.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-01-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Xio, let's talk trade.. I have some OF to trade