Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Granted the combine isn't the true indicator of how he is going to play in games but his play in games was no better than an average WR.

I would like to see though that he step up in these type of situations so it doesn't put doubt in your mind.

Workout warriors are good for the combine but not for games, but when he can't track down a fly pattern lob pass from an average college passer how can I expect him to beat a CB in Man coverage then catch a pass from Flacco who is arguably one of the best deep ball throwers?
The combine QBs are horrid. They either overthrew receivers or underthrew them. Benn would be a beast in your system.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The combine QBs are horrid. They either overthrew receivers or underthrew them. Benn would be a beast in your system.
I don't see a guy like him being a beast in our system, His routes aren't polished but his in game speed is above average which is a bonus. Would just rather see someone like a TO or a Marshall or Boldin come in to complement Mason and Stallworth while the rookie grooms under them for a season rather then a rookie be the goto guy. Do you think that Holmes would be as good as he is without Ward there?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO would be good as well. I don't see the Ravens giving up the pieces to land Marshall. I think Q is attainable as well.

Yes I do believe Holmes will be as good. He's already the number 1 reciever and get's the most attention of number 1 corners in the league. He really came on in the 2008 playoffs and last season.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding the question or the answer, but I think ChefMike was asking do you think that Holmes would be as good as he is now without Ward being there to groom him in the past.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I answered the question with my first sentence. Yes I do believe so.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, I thought that's what you meant lol. I would agree with you as well, if a player is good he's going to be good with or without veterans helping him along (which I think is vastly overrated).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Don't get me wrong, I think Holmes has benefited a lot with Hines' help, but I think he would've been good nonetheless.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Its not about the mentoring part its about the taking the pressure off role. You don't think that Randy Moss benefited by having Cris Carter his rookie year? Or Jerry Rice from having Dwight Clark?

Don't take it as they are really teaching but more of a allowing them to learn at their pace and not having to drink water from a fire hose to be the #1 guy.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote