Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-02-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
They were morbidly stupid to not to pick Rey Rey. A real 3-4 thumper to replace Bradie.
How are they dumb for not taking a guy that got drafted well before they had their first pick? I'm not getting this Rey **** at all. It wasn't like they passed him up while he was on the board. Could they have traded up to get him? That was a possibility, but who knows how much potential a deal like that would have had? This Rey Rey crap just seems like bitching for the sake of bitching. There is no logical reason to act like they passed up a stud LB unless you were actually in the war room and knew their chances of getting him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
How are they dumb for not taking a guy that got drafted well before they had their first pick? I'm not getting this Rey **** at all. It wasn't like they passed him up while he was on the board. Could they have traded up to get him? That was a possibility, but who knows how much potential a deal like that would have had? This Rey Rey crap just seems like bitching for the sake of bitching. There is no logical reason to act like they passed up a stud LB unless you were actually in the war room and knew their chances of getting him.
Wrong Rey.....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was talking about Rey Mauluga. If that's the wrong Rey then I apologize for ranting about it.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4954708

Jerry says there will be a lot of changes and says that the focal point will be the offensive line. He also did not denie the releases of Adams and Hamlin when he was asked.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1100 Radio in Charlotte is reporting that Peppers will sign with the redskins on Friday. Not sure how true that is because I couldnt find a link about it anywhere.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
1100 Radio in Charlotte is reporting that Peppers will sign with the redskins on Friday. Not sure how true that is because I couldnt find a link about it anywhere.
Unreal if that's true. Osackpo, Peppers, Haynesworth? Dear Lord.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

I believe that the Redskins will be active this year...They will probably net Peppers, Rolle(when cut) and several mid level OL....Can't stop them from spending....I do have 2 questions...One, why is the never a serious investigation into the Redskins tampering....From my memory there is at least one case of them a year engaging in skeptical actions(Milloy and Haynesworth come to mind)?....Second, how have they been under the cap for as many seasons as they have? I know there is no cap this year......I am talking about previous seasons.....
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Unreal if that's true. Osackpo, Peppers, Haynesworth? Dear Lord.
Pretty menacing to think about.....Remember that Peppers is like Haynesworth and can disappear during the season. I know you will mention Shanahan as the motivating coach, but remember Jeff Fisher and Mike Fox are not cream puffs.....Orakpo looks the part...The other two can disappear.....Don't see it them doing nothing year one, but year 2/3/4 could yield the disappointmenting results for the Skins.....I hope!
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions.... did you read the whole post outlining the team's needs? Guess not.

All I'm saying is that the #1 Dallas need per the PFW draft mag has been, is & continues to be safety, & the price of the #2-ranked guy just went through the roof.

40 times are largely irrelevant, but with WRs & DBs you have to look at them
I guess you missed the part where I asked you a question first about if you wanted him prior, so kinda hard to jump to conclusions when that was the case. I even stated my rant wasn't even directed at you. All I read was "wow Mays ran a 4.24 let's get him!!!".

I didn't see anything in your post talking about PFW, or showing a link to some article. I just hate when people get excited and want a guy over a 40 time, again it wasn't even directed at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who is surprised? I mean honestly? Funny thing is they'll go get LT, and Dunta Robinson, and still win 4 games.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Who is surprised? I mean honestly? Funny thing is they'll go get LT, and Dunta Robinson, and still win 4 games.
Exactly right, paper tigers don't scare me. Our team is consistently better ran, and better coached.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is hard to have this discussion when you did not read the thread but shot off at the mouth.

Another poster said if McClain is available at 20 trade up if not they are "morbidly stupid."

They could have done the same with RM this past year and did not.

That is all I think.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I don't know why we would have been so stupid. I like Rey but we had 2 starters last year at ILB for one, he wouldn't have played barely any for us. Two, McClain is a much better prospect then Rey. Three, Rey isn't the type of prospect or player that I'll lose sleep over that we passed up. Great fit? Sure. Good player? Sure. Fits a need as well.

But it's not like he'll be a Patrick Willis type of all-pro to change games and be a play-maker, thus "morbidly stupid" is pushing it in that regards.

I think McClain is much better but I wouldn't say we'd be stupid to not trade up, but I'd definately be in favor of it. This is a strong draft, I wouldn't mind keeping all of our picks and seeing if we hit it big with a late round guy.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This wait to hear about our tender offers is taking forever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, all I am saying is "if we are morbidly dumb" for not trading up for McClain then why not the same reasoning for Rey M.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adams is due a $2.5 million roster bonus in June and is scheduled to make $5 million in base salary for 2010. That’s $7.5 million to a 35-year old left tackle.

I asked a couple pages back about when the bonuses went into affect. Using that knowledge I don't think we'll make cuts till after the draft perhaps. Does the salaray go into affect in june aswell or on march 5th.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Again, all I am saying is "if we are morbidly dumb" for not trading up for McClain then why not the same reasoning for Rey M.
Because McClain is a better player and prospect with leadership intangibles that Rey doesn't have. There is a reason why Rey wasn't drafted in the 1st round in a weak draft, and there is a reason why McClain probably won't make it to #20 in a strong draft.

Their not the same player, McClain is better in about every aspect and would be a leader on our defense and probably team for a long time without any of the off the field concerns. He played in a 3-4 defense and anchored the #1 D in the nation which Rey never had any experience in that D and played alongside about as talented as any LB core could get.

Also I don't see the rush to replace Bradie, I know he's not the greatest but he is going to be starting at least a few more years, were more concerned with replacing Brooking as of right now which I hope he has at least 1 more year left like last year.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It is hard to have this discussion when you did not read the thread but shot off at the mouth.

Another poster said if McClain is available at 20 trade up if not they are "morbidly stupid."

They could have done the same with RM this past year and did not.

That is all I think.
Ahh my bad man. I had to release some steam a bit. Been a busy day. Sorry about that, because it seems we agree.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Because McClain is a better player and prospect with leadership intangibles that Rey doesn't have. There is a reason why Rey wasn't drafted in the 1st round in a weak draft, and there is a reason why McClain probably won't make it to #20 in a strong draft.

Their not the same player, McClain is better in about every aspect and would be a leader on our defense and probably team for a long time without any of the off the field concerns. He played in a 3-4 defense and anchored the #1 D in the nation which Rey never had any experience in that D and played alongside about as talented as any LB core could get.

Also I don't see the rush to replace Bradie, I know he's not the greatest but he is going to be starting at least a few more years, were more concerned with replacing Brooking as of right now which I hope he has at least 1 more year left like last year.
I don't buy that McClain is a better prospect than Rey. In fact, Rey is a better athlete IMHO. McClain has the intangibles allegedly. So, no worries.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMN is projecting a first round tender on Spear. Why on earth would we do this when we can give him the minimum tender and get a 1st in return? Are they idiots or am I missing something?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4954708

Jerry says there will be a lot of changes and says that the focal point will be the offensive line. He also did not denie the releases of Adams and Hamlin when he was asked.
Releasing Adams would be the best move they could make, fiscally & pragmatically. And it would be welcomed by anyone who's followed them closely for the last 2 yrs. or so, Adams is on the far side of the point of diminishing returns, time to cut the losses. If he specifically mentioned the o-line it sounds like Jerry has finally had it with his false starts too. With his release OT automatically goes to the top of the teams needs short list.

So the discussion then becomes ..........

Bulaga will be gone, Trent Williams & probably Anthony Davis too, Vlad Ducasse may drop out of the 1st rd. so by the time they get it together to find a trading partner for those draft day trades that Jerry Jones goes gaga over yr. after yr, maybe we're talking about trading up for rising Combine star Bruce Campbell..... he's projected to go to the Packers at #23 who have a boatload of pass protection problems, so can Dallas move up 4-5 spots to get him? Will they offer Choice as rumored for draft day trade bait? Note that the NE Patriots are at #22, & I for one wouldn't trade with Belichick on a bet, & the Packers at #23 are on the Dallas schedule in 2010.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was talking about Rey Mauluga. If that's the wrong Rey then I apologize for ranting about it.
Doh!! My bad, yeah alot of people wanted us to trade up to get him, especially after he slid into the 2nd round.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Releasing Adams would be the best move they could make, fiscally & pragmatically. And it would be welcomed by anyone who's followed them closely for the last 2 yrs. or so, Adams is on the far side of the point of diminishing returns, time to cut the losses. If he specifically mentioned the o-line it sounds like Jerry has finally had it with his false starts too. With his release OT automatically goes to the top of the teams needs short list.

So the discussion then becomes ..........

Bulaga will be gone, Trent Williams & probably Anthony Davis too, Vlad Ducasse may drop out of the 1st rd. so by the time they get it together to find a trading partner for those draft day trades that Jerry Jones goes gaga over yr. after yr, maybe we're talking about trading up for rising Combine star Bruce Campbell..... he's projected to go to the Packers at #23 who have a boatload of pass protection problems, so can Dallas move up 4-5 spots to get him? Will they offer Choice as rumored for draft day trade bait? Note that the NE Patriots are at #22, & I for one wouldn't trade with Belichick on a bet, & the Packers at #23 are on the Dallas schedule in 2010.
I think Jerry will be just fine with Free. He has publicly stated that Free played good at RT but was actually more natural on the left side. Plus it's the glamour for Jerry also to say that he found a gem in the 4th round. Now granted if a top 5 OT falls we might take him...but it'll likely be because they are the highest player on our board more so than the answer for us at LT. Stephen and Jerry have both stated we'll go BPA...and while not all draft talk is true we have the team base where we can do it.

The wild card is Chales Brown. I don't buy that he'd be the pick because he doesn't fit in the mold of OL that we like. However some people have him pegged for us. So I think if Jerry was set on going OT he'd have a shot at Brown. That said he isn't a good fit for our scheme.

I definitely can't see us moving up for a OT, not because I don't think we could use a upgrade at LT...but because Jerry likes what we already have at the position.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-03-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I think Jerry will be just fine with Free. He has publicly stated that Free played good at RT but was actually more natural on the left side. Plus it's the glamour for Jerry also to say that he found a gem in the 4th round. Now granted if a top 5 OT falls we might take him...but it'll likely be because they are the highest player on our board more so than the answer for us at LT. Stephen and Jerry have both stated we'll go BPA...and while not all draft talk is true we have the team base where we can do it.

The wild card is Chales Brown. I don't buy that he'd be the pick because he doesn't fit in the mold of OL that we like. However some people have him pegged for us. So I think if Jerry was set on going OT he'd have a shot at Brown. That said he isn't a good fit for our scheme.

I definitely can't see us moving up for a OT, not because I don't think we could use a upgrade at LT...but because Jerry likes what we already have at the position.
Phew. Hopefully, your Trent Williams love will finally die. I'm with you on John Jerry though. Heck, ANY OL outside of Round 1.. and I can jump on board with that.

I will keep preaching that we should not draft an OL in Round 1.

Jerry won't just go BPA regardless of position. He's gonna take the guy who he & his staff wants no matter what anyone thinks. Period. Just like he always does with that first pick.

BPA after his first pick? Sure... but not BPA with his first pick. Never.

As for Charles Brown... I've said it before and I'll say it again. He's my favorite Tackle in the draft. Not saying he's the best... I think Davis is the best. But in our draft range, Brown impresses me with everything about his game. He may not fit Houck's mold, but did Doug Free?

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-03-2010 at 03:49 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Phew. Hopefully, your Trent Williams love will finally die. I'm with you on John Jerry though. Heck, ANY OL outside of Round 1.. and I can jump on board with that.

I will keep preaching that we should not draft an OL in Round 1.

Jerry won't just go BPA regardless of position. He's gonna take the guy who he & his staff wants no matter what anyone thinks. Period. Just like he always does with that first pick.

BPA after his first pick? Sure... but not BPA with his first pick. Never.
The thing is with a fringe 1st round pick Jerry is notorious for doing 2 things. Drafting a top 20 guy who falls or moving back because the value between 25-40 usually isn't much. Jerry has proven time and time again he is ok with moving back if his board supports it. I don't see why it will be any different this year. Only first round no's we have imo are QB/RB/TE/OLB....all the others are open...thats pretty much BPA imo.

Designs by me
Quote: