Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
What position do you play?

You really need to do some deadlifts and powercleans. Those are great for football players.
Quarterback for high school but I'll probably convert to receiver in university.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I think I'm going to go back for a victory lap because of my ****** grades. As of now I've talked to Guelph, Ottawa U, McGill, and York. McGill is not an option because of my trash grades, and even though they are probably the most interested York is my last option because they aren't any good.

On topic my football training group is starting weights next week after two months of plyometrics so I'll be doing my benching and squats then. I'll take some pointers from Rob's article, and have to focus more on what I eat, especially on getting the right amount of protein. As of now I drink/eat way too much junk and never eat breakfast so I'll fix that.
I'd choose Guelph out of that group. I wouldn't wanna stay at home, and McGill and York have awful teams. Guelph has a higher % of girls than any other school in Ontario, if not Canada (I think).

Eating breakfast will give you a major boost. It's good that you're used to eating junk food because now you can just replace junk food with healthier snacks that are higher in protein to help you bulk up.

Also don't forget multiplayer beta May 3rd ;). The trailer is up on kotaku and it looks insane.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wednesdays are the death of me. Shoulders, Abs, Cardio at 8 a.m. Feeling phsically tired but mentally focused. My body is confused.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scram Tommy. Don't give her the weight room thing.

Do you know where the weight room is? I'll check it out.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All right, tell me what you think of this. I really need to start cutting hardcore and I'm sort of limited on time. Because of that, I'm going to lift 3x week and run on three other days, leaving one day for rest. Tell me what you think of this lifting routine. It's the same exercises every time, but I'll be mixing up the weights and sets.

Bench Press
Deadlifts
Squats
Power Cleans
Dips
Pullups
Step-ups
Floorwipers
Cable Chops
Cable Pulls
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its mostly all in the diet when cutting. The first 5 lbs is the easiest the last 5 is going to be the hardest.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, you have the big three in there Sniper. I'm happy to see that. Other than that, cardio and diet brotha. Good luck.

So, I have shin splints. First time having them and they suck big time. How long do they last and how can I get rid of them quicker? Anyone have any ideas or personal experience with them?

Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Well, you have the big three in there Sniper. I'm happy to see that.
Thanks. I was trying to get a bunch of compound lifts in there.

Quote:
Other than that, cardio and diet brotha. Good luck.
Gonna start running some sprints. Suck hard, it will.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

And please remember to lift heavy. People usually do more reps with very light weight while cutting so they can be omgz tonedz. They find themselves losing a lot of strength is all and the muscle will show when the fat comes off. Everyone has biceps, triceps, and absz.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Guelph has a higher % of girls than any other school in Ontario, if not Canada (I think).
It also has the most lesbians, hippies and ******* weirdos as well lol. And yeah, they had that on manswers, something like an 11:1 girl to guy ratio. I know like 10 girls and 3 guys that went there and the guys say that the ratio is definitely noticeable, but as a city, I think Guelph is soooooo boring and crappy (Ignores the fact that he goes to Mac in Hamilton...).
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, I have shin splints. First time having them and they suck big time. How long do they last and how can I get rid of them quicker? Anyone have any ideas or personal experience with them?
Running? Walking? Weights?

If it is running or walking, try running on a softer surface, that is the only real quick fix.

They are usually caused by having the calf muscles being significantly stronger or weaker than the other muscles at the front of the shin. Alternatively they may be caused by one leg being longer than the other or poor running technique.

How long they last depends entirely on what is causing them, if it is a muscle thing they will last as long as there is the muscle imbalance.

If it is a leg thing something like orthotics can help fix that.

The other thing to consider is that it may not be shin splints and may instead be stress fractures. If you are in good shape and you just suddenly start getting them this is far more likely. I get shin splints when I go from playing American Football to Aussie Rules because of all the extra running involved and it takes a few weeks for those stabilising muscles at the front that are used more for distance running to catch up to the calves that are used a lot more in American football for explosiveness.

But yeah... need more information if you are going to get a pin point analysis. It could be as simple as run through it, but if it is stress fractures that is about the worst thing you can do so if the symptoms are close to the above maybe see a doctor to be safe.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Well, you have the big three in there Sniper. I'm happy to see that. Other than that, cardio and diet brotha. Good luck.

Stretch! stretch, stretch and stretch some more. Find a good static and dynamic routine that you like and works for you. I do dynamic before running and static after when my muscles are all warmed up and limber.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

complexes will whoop your ass. just got back from doing one. do these, sniper. you will have a tremendous cardio workout. i can post my routine if you want. i am not using capitals bc i am feeling that lazy after this workout, first time in a while i felt like i was gonna puke in the gym.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

It may be that I've been playing basketball for the last two weeks straight and it started that time frame. Haven't had any trouble with it until now and I've been working out for a solid 8 months. Definitely don't think they are stress fractures atleast I'm hoping not but I read that shin splints can eventually lead to that. I'm going to look into a new pair of shoes that are more supportive. Everything I do at the gym, I do in air force ones. Lowtops at that.

I stretch a lot. Apparently not enough however.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
It also has the most lesbians, hippies and ******* weirdos as well lol. And yeah, they had that on manswers, something like an 11:1 girl to guy ratio. I know like 10 girls and 3 guys that went there and the guys say that the ratio is definitely noticeable, but as a city, I think Guelph is soooooo boring and crappy (Ignores the fact that he goes to Mac in Hamilton...).
Haha Mac is terrible and is located in the dirtiest, ugliest city in Canada.

Hamilton is truly Canada's a**hole and I would be ashamed to live there.

stephenson86

Last edited by JF4 : 03-04-2010 at 02:32 AM.
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It may be that I've been playing basketball for the last two weeks straight and it started that time frame. Haven't had any trouble with it until now and I've been working out for a solid 8 months. Definitely don't think they are stress fractures atleast I'm hoping not but I read that shin splints can eventually lead to that. I'm going to look into a new pair of shoes that are more supportive. Everything I do at the gym, I do in air force ones. Lowtops at that.

I stretch a lot. Apparently not enough however.
You can't really stretch for or to avoid shin splints. Basically they are most commonly caused by a muscle imbalance that puts stress on the bones and muscles in that area that are otherwise not there.

I would say that you are most likely getting shin splints and not stress fractures and it is almost certainly because of the hard surface. Shoes will help but they only try and counteract that actual problem rather than solving it. I suggest google to find a few exercises that you can do to strengthen the muscles in the front of the leg. I remember there being one which was a weird toe drag thing and another that is just a simple toe lift that both worked wonders for me, both are ones you can do while sitting at a computer but weights do help. Just staying on the horse also helps though the hard surface is a major factor though. I know it certainly didn't help with mine, the oval I play Aussie Rules on may as well have been concrete it was that hard.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
complexes will whoop your ass. just got back from doing one. do these, sniper. you will have a tremendous cardio workout. i can post my routine if you want. i am not using capitals bc i am feeling that lazy after this workout, first time in a while i felt like i was gonna puke in the gym.
Post away.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just took an ice bath for the first time in 3 years (since HS football) and it sucked just as much as the first time. I lifted my legs pretty heavily today and roommate suggested one.

Sucked, but my legs are feeling pretty good right now.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how long you sit in that ice bath?

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10-15 minutes

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Ingrown toe nail led to shin splints because I avoided putting pressure on my toe for a solid two months. I had the toe nail removed about a half hour ago and I'm slowly getting feeling back and it sucks. But, I killed two birds with one stone ultimately. And yes, I tried to remove the toe nail myself. Part of the reason I waited two months to actually get it removed.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Post away.
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ded_physiqu e

I did the "Cosgrove's Evil 8" with 95 lbs (25 on each side). It will kick your ass.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ded_physiqu e

I did the "Cosgrove's Evil 8" with 95 lbs (25 on each side). It will kick your ass.
Man, that looks absurd. I tried doing deadlifts + cleans + shoulder press + front squat during a workout once and it was by far the worst thing ever.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Man, that looks absurd. I tried doing deadlifts + cleans + shoulder press + front squat during a workout once and it was by far the worst thing ever.
Yeah, man. It is absolutely brutal. Amazing workout tho. After I finished, I just sat down on a box for like 5-8 minutes wondering what possessed me to do it.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy Leg workout today.

Squats: 1x4 (410 lbs) 1x3 (425 lbs) 1x2 (435 lbs) 1x1 (445)
Lunges: 1x2 50 yards
Medicine Ball Squats: 2x40 reps (10 lb ball)
Medicine Ball throw while in squat position: 2x45 seconds

Gotta get stronger

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote