Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Crazy Leg workout today.

Squats: 1x4 (410 lbs) 1x3 (425 lbs) 1x2 (435 lbs) 1x1 (445)
Lunges: 1x2 50 yards
Medicine Ball Squats: 2x40 reps (10 lb ball)
Medicine Ball throw while in squat position: 2x45 seconds

Gotta get stronger
Squat is weak, bro. haha, just kidding. That doesn't seem that bad, imo.., no offense. What's your weight at?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ded_physiqu e

I did the "Cosgrove's Evil 8" with 95 lbs (25 on each side). It will kick your ass.
Wow. That looks really interesting. You can do that instead of cardio? I'm going to have to give that a shot on non lift days.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Wow. That looks really interesting. You can do that instead of cardio? I'm going to have to give that a shot on non lift days.
Yeah, it kinda serves as a HIIT like workout. I run an easy 1.5 miles before I do it just to get some extra work in.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it kinda serves as a HIIT like workout. I run an easy 1.5 miles before I do it just to get some extra work in.
Do you treat it like a standard lifting day? IE; protein shake+carb up after? Or do you just carry on like after a cardio session. Probably a real stupid question.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Do you treat it like a standard lifting day? IE; protein shake+carb up after? Or do you just carry on like after a cardio session. Probably a real stupid question.
carbs are actually more important after a cardio session, so yeah, I sip on a gatorade-creatine mix during my workout and take whey after.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i was wondering what the hell do I eat after doing cardio?

So not take to big of chances, i usually just waited like 1 hr or so and then ate a light salad. Just some spinach and lettuce mixed with some balsamic vinger and extra virgin olive oil.

Last edited by brat316 : 03-05-2010 at 01:05 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeah i was wondering what the hell do I eat after doing cardio?

So not take to big of chances, i usually just waited like 1 hr or so and then ate a light salad. Just some spinach and lettuce mixed with some balsamic vinger and extra virgin olive oil.
you really need carbs after cardio, especially LSD, even moreso than lifting. Honestly, you should always drink a gatorade while doing anything at the gym, studies overwhelmingly support it. If you can make a protein-carb mixture to sip on, even better.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Read this for info on what to drink during a workout:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/..._nutrition.htm
Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got my post lifting drink and meal always ready. Its the post cardio one that had me confused.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Squat is weak, bro. haha, just kidding. That doesn't seem that bad, imo.., no offense. What's your weight at?
haha I'm actually pretty weak in the weight room. I'm 305-310 somewhere in between there. I lost a lot of weight being away from football.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I did the P90x abs and Ploymetrics work out...wow that **** is crazy. The cardio one was pretty weak, but these two i tried and liked. I'm still doing my lifting 5x5 on MWF. But i needed to do a change up on the cardio days the ploy **** is a plus.

I'm thinking about doing that thing Rob posted earlier in the day and then around night before bed do Ploy workout. But I don't wanna over do it, you think maybe its to much?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried one those complexes today. Holy crap those are a good workout.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking about incorporating one into my workout.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 more days until 26.3 miles of rucking in the desert! time to kick the training into high gear!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm thinking about incorporating one into my workout.
Do it dude. I did it today on my off day. Well worth it if you ask me. I can feel it being a more beneficial way to get some cardio than running, strength-wise.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Do it dude. I did it today on my off day. Well worth it if you ask me. I can feel it being a more beneficial way to get some cardio than running, strength-wise.
Nice, dude! They are freaking exhausting. What kind of weight did you wind up using if you don'y mind me asking. I am considering increasing it weekly, but I think I might die haha.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I really like the Cosgrove Complex. And they fit perfectly into my workout.

Day One: Upper Body
Day Two: Lower Body
Day Three: Complex/Abs/Cardio
Day Four: Rest

For the Cosgrove, I'm going to probably start at 85 pounds and see how I feel.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nice, dude! They are freaking exhausting. What kind of weight did you wind up using if you don'y mind me asking. I am considering increasing it weekly, but I think I might die haha.
I used 20's with the bar for the first time. Figured I'd try and get the hang of it before I got too serious with the weight. probably move it up a bit next time.
You think its a good idea to switch up the complexes at all or to just use one of them for an extended period of time?

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I used 20's with the bar for the first time. Figured I'd try and get the hang of it before I got too serious with the weight. probably move it up a bit next time.
You think its a good idea to switch up the complexes at all or to just use one of them for an extended period of time?
I was also wondering this. I thought about rotating the complexes so I had some variety but of it's more beneificial to stick to one then I will do that.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

idk.......variety can never hurt with cardio so you don't get bored, but I wouldn't think that there is too much of a benefit to it.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Complexes are my new favorite workout. I did 85 for everything, bumping it up to 90 next workout.

Good find Rob.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Complexes are my new favorite workout.
Told ya ;)

Indeed good find Rob.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how they'd work with a body bar (~20-36lbs?)...
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I wonder how they'd work with a body bar (~20-36lbs?)...
what does that mean? Using 26-30 lbs total? The weight really just depends on how strong you are and how in shape you are.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt be able to pull off a complex at the current gym I go to. Can't wait to try it out though