Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,439
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Its official: Bucs won't retain Antonio Bryant

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...168167&id=2003

I think its for the best. He's going to be overpaid and he was too much of a distraction in the lockeroom. Last year when he was the only target, he had no complaints. When Freeman was spreading the ball around to every reciever and seemed to like Winslow, Bryant was upset of the lack of targets he was recieving. Not the WR you want around a young developing QB. Good move by the Bucs.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chichester West Sussex England UK
Posts: 726
Reputation: 127
Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Red face

Yeah...great move!?!

Why do people (Rah/Dom) think, "young" seem's to equate to, "better"!?!

Theirs a lot to be said for experience, and on his day AB was superb, I don't understand this train of thought at all?

I'm hoping this may be some kind of smoke screen to put other teams off, in the hope of resigning AB at a later/cheaper date.

Thank God we got Clayton tied down!!!

We must be going to do something BIG either in the draft or FA, regardless of what Dom has said, I mean, one minute we're gonna, "surround Freeman with talent" MoSto/Clayhands!?! Followed by, "we won't be active in FA"!?!

Maybe we're gonna run the flying wedge or wishbone triple option!?!
__________________
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 56
Reputation: -202
TornadoRex smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Yeah...great move!?!

Why do people (Rah/Dom) think, "young" seem's to equate to, "better"!?!

Theirs a lot to be said for experience, and on his day AB was superb, I don't understand this train of thought at all?

I'm hoping this may be some kind of smoke screen to put other teams off, in the hope of resigning AB at a later/cheaper date.

Thank God we got Clayton tied down!!!

We must be going to do something BIG either in the draft or FA, regardless of what Dom has said, I mean, one minute we're gonna, "surround Freeman with talent" MoSto/Clayhands!?! Followed by, "we won't be active in FA"!?!

Maybe we're gonna run the flying wedge or wishbone triple option!?!
It will be alright, White Tiger!

:)
__________________
TornadoRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,439
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Listen, I am sick of hearing this how AB should be retained. Honestly, Freeman made less mistakes when AB was out of the lineup. He loved throwing to Winslow and Stroughter and got other guys involved like Stovall and yes, when he was thrown the ball, Clayton did make some plays when Freeman became the QB. Yes, Clayton is not going to be an impact player, but he is worth keeping around as a 4th option/Blocker.

When AB came back, he expected to be thrown the ball every play, no matter if he was covered. Revis shut him down and he still was whining why the ball wasn't thrown his way.

Yes, Freeman started putting up huge passing yardage numbers when AB came back, but his INT's went up. And some of it could have been him settling back down to earth, but when i watched some of these games, it was clear he was trying to make AB happy and forcing the ball to him. Freeman will grow up and learn to block that crap out, but he was a rookie.

I am glad AB is not going to be back and I honestly think a pick like Demaryous Thomas in the 2nd and possibly Dez Briscoe in round 4 would be another solid pick to team up with Winslow and Stroughter.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Michael Clayton
Maurice Stovall
Sammie Stroughter
Brian Clark

OH YEAH!!!!
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,044
Reputation: 103329
Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Listen, I am sick of hearing this how AB should be retained. Honestly, Freeman made less mistakes when AB was out of the lineup. He loved throwing to Winslow and Stroughter and got other guys involved like Stovall and yes, when he was thrown the ball, Clayton did make some plays when Freeman became the QB. Yes, Clayton is not going to be an impact player, but he is worth keeping around as a 4th option/Blocker.

When AB came back, he expected to be thrown the ball every play, no matter if he was covered. Revis shut him down and he still was whining why the ball wasn't thrown his way.

Yes, Freeman started putting up huge passing yardage numbers when AB came back, but his INT's went up. And some of it could have been him settling back down to earth, but when i watched some of these games, it was clear he was trying to make AB happy and forcing the ball to him. Freeman will grow up and learn to block that crap out, but he was a rookie.

I am glad AB is not going to be back and I honestly think a pick like Demaryous Thomas in the 2nd and possibly Dez Briscoe in round 4 would be another solid pick to team up with Winslow and Stroughter.
Agreed. I'd add Damian Williams to that list, though.
__________________
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,439
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Legacy,

Damien Williams is nothing really but a solid #2 WR. With our 2a, we need to land a guy who can become the number 1 guy. Demaryious Thomas is going to slip to our 2nd roud pick because he wont be able to blow up the combine and his pro-day. Mike Mayock said the team that gets him in round 2 will get the 2nd best WR in this draft and some say he is a faster version of Brandon Marshall, WITHOUT THE ATTITUDE. We can get a possession/#2 WR in round 4 like Dezmon Briscoe. Damien Williams will not stretch the field, but if he slipt to round 3 or 4 after taking Thomas, then i'd take him, but I see him as a late 2nd to a team needing a possession WR.

I see Briscoe slipping a bit because he won't run a phenominal 40 but he runs good routes and has great hands and gets open.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Legacy,

Damien Williams is nothing really but a solid #2 WR. With our 2a, we need to land a guy who can become the number 1 guy. Demaryious Thomas is going to slip to our 2nd roud pick because he wont be able to blow up the combine and his pro-day. Mike Mayock said the team that gets him in round 2 will get the 2nd best WR in this draft and some say he is a faster version of Brandon Marshall, WITHOUT THE ATTITUDE. We can get a possession/#2 WR in round 4 like Dezmon Briscoe. Damien Williams will not stretch the field, but if he slipt to round 3 or 4 after taking Thomas, then i'd take him, but I see him as a late 2nd to a team needing a possession WR.

I see Briscoe slipping a bit because he won't run a phenominal 40 but he runs good routes and has great hands and gets open.
THIS THIS THIS. Love Thomas and Briscoe. Williams is decent but nothing special.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,439
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

ETK,

Glad we're on the same page bud.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chichester West Sussex England UK
Posts: 726
Reputation: 127
Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

O'oh.....your gonna hate me, but I disagree.

I think Williams is one of, if not the, most polished route runners in this years draft, he may not be big or super quick, but the guy just get's it done, if he's their at 2a/2b, I'd be happy to take him. (unless we take Bryant in the 1st obviously)

In regards to Thomas, everyone who wants this guy wants him because he looks like a star, not because he's played like one, and not because he's remotely polished enough or mentally ready to be one. And I'd rather NOT use one of our top four picks on a project.

He did put up some crazy numbers though, 25yrd average or close to it? but I think his stats are somewhat "padded" so to speak.

GT runs a funky offense, which inevitably forces teams to play M2M and stack the box, that and a big dose of PA goes along way in helping any WR.
This is the reason he hasn't much experience with a passing tree, he's either blocking, or running fly patterns.

I'm not suggesting the kid can't play at the next level, or that he isn't a fine athlete, I'm just not sold on using a 2nd rd pic on a "project", especially one who has been ltd to playing against/recognizing, ltd defensive schemes etc?

I like Briscoe, but if I'm honest, I haven't seen enough of him to critique him?

I wouldn't mind Blair White from Michigan St in the 3/4th? and how about Carlton Mitchell from SFU?
__________________
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,439
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Merlin,

Listen, yes Thomas came from a triple option, but just watch film on him. He his a big physical WR who will flat out punch u in the mouth type of style of play. Has great hands and very good speed. 6-3 224 and was clocked running in the 4.3-4.4 range and many sources confirm it. Route running is really the only question, but he can adapt. He is a huge time talent and will go up and fight for passes thrown high or jump balls. Not afraid to get physical.

Watch film on him. Yes, Damien Williams is more polished route runner, but he doesn't have the ability to stretch the field like Thomas.

Briscoe and Williams are the same type of WR. Both will be solid #2/possession WR's in the nfl and honestly, the only reason Williams is rated as a 2nd round prospect is bc he played at USC and Briscoe played at Kansas.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chichester West Sussex England UK
Posts: 726
Reputation: 127
Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Merlin,

Listen, yes Thomas came from a triple option, but just watch film on him. He his a big physical WR who will flat out punch u in the mouth type of style of play. Has great hands and very good speed. 6-3 224 and was clocked running in the 4.3-4.4 range and many sources confirm it. Route running is really the only question, but he can adapt. He is a huge time talent and will go up and fight for passes thrown high or jump balls. Not afraid to get physical.

Watch film on him. Yes, Damien Williams is more polished route runner, but he doesn't have the ability to stretch the field like Thomas.

Briscoe and Williams are the same type of WR. Both will be solid #2/possession WR's in the nfl and honestly, the only reason Williams is rated as a 2nd round prospect is bc he played at USC and Briscoe played at Kansas.
I'm gonna stick with my original assement regarding Thomas, I just don't see a natural reciever, and although he apparantly ran a 4.3 40, I'm goinna wait for his pro day, however if he's still available in the 3rd, I'd be happy to take a punt on him.

I've done some study on Briscoe, and I can see similarities, however Williams was playing in a pro style offense with a true freshman QB, unfortunately, Dezmon Briscoe didn't play in a pro-style offense, (spread) both appear to be good/solid character players, I think using one of our 2nd's on Briscoe would be a reach, and unfortunatly he may not be their for our 3rd?
__________________

Last edited by Merlin : 02-26-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 20,869
Reputation: 2285531
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I'm gonna stick with my original assement regarding Thomas, I just don't see a natural reciever, and although he apparantly ran a 4.3 40, I'm goinna wait for his pro day, however if he's still available in the 3rd, I'd be happy to take a punt on him.

I've done some study on Briscoe, and I can see similarities, however Williams was playing in a pro style offense with a true freshman QB, unfortunately, Dezmon Briscoe didn't play in a pro-style offense, (spread) both appear to be good/solid character players, I think using one of our 2nd's on Briscoe would be a reach, and unfortunatly he may not be their for our 3rd?
I doubt Demaryius will run before the draft. He broke his ankle like a week ago. I could be wrong though.
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chichester West Sussex England UK
Posts: 726
Reputation: 127
Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I doubt Demaryius will run before the draft. He broke his ankle like a week ago. I could be wrong though.
Your not wrong, he won't!
__________________
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
O'oh.....your gonna hate me, but I disagree.

I think Williams is one of, if not the, most polished route runners in this years draft, he may not be big or super quick, but the guy just get's it done, if he's their at 2a/2b, I'd be happy to take him. (unless we take Bryant in the 1st obviously)

In regards to Thomas, everyone who wants this guy wants him because he looks like a star, not because he's played like one, and not because he's remotely polished enough or mentally ready to be one. And I'd rather NOT use one of our top four picks on a project.

He did put up some crazy numbers though, 25yrd average or close to it? but I think his stats are somewhat "padded" so to speak.

GT runs a funky offense, which inevitably forces teams to play M2M and stack the box, that and a big dose of PA goes along way in helping any WR.
This is the reason he hasn't much experience with a passing tree, he's either blocking, or running fly patterns.

I'm not suggesting the kid can't play at the next level, or that he isn't a fine athlete, I'm just not sold on using a 2nd rd pic on a "project", especially one who has been ltd to playing against/recognizing, ltd defensive schemes etc?

I like Briscoe, but if I'm honest, I haven't seen enough of him to critique him?

I wouldn't mind Blair White from Michigan St in the 3/4th? and how about Carlton Mitchell from SFU?
I don't disagree about your Williams evaluation. He can be a good #2 in the league, but he doesn't jump out athletically. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him, but I think we can do better.

Being an ACC fan, I saw A LOT of Thomas the past 2 years. He's about as dominant as it gets at the college level. The guy is massive and outruns defenders deep down the field, jumps up and attacks the ball in the air and makes plays after the catch. Some of his big plays were trick plays where he benefited from the triple option threat, but more often that that I saw him making big plays on 3rd and long when everyone knew GT was gonna try to get him the ball. He's a very smooth, natural receiver and every DB that tried to cover him was overmatched by his physical ability.

He's not a complete receiver in terms of route running and technique because he ran mostly hitches and deep routes for GT, but he's the complete package athletically and a strong competitor. His stats aren't misleading in a negative way...it's a positive way. If he was on a team like USC or Oklahoma State he would've been extremely productive.

Again I think you're being too conservative in your projections. Thomas is a mild project, as is Berry. Trust the athletic ability my man.

I like Blair White. Mitchell has never stood out to me but I'd have to see more. I like Briscoe because he's big, smooth and really productive. He ran a complete route tree at Kansas and made plays all over the field. He's not a blazer but he outran a lot of defenses for long TDs. I like those big possession receivers that make plays, and Briscoe is a 2nd round talent imo.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Posts: 469
Reputation: 35225
irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

McCoy in the 1st and Thomas in the 2nd would be glorious.
__________________



"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Posts: 469
Reputation: 35225
irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRex View Post
It will be alright, White Tiger!

:)
Hah! Good catch Rex.
__________________



"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,439
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Hm. what a coincidence. First full day of FA and it seems like AB hasn't even gotten a sniff or phone call about a visit from any team.

And Buc fans say the coaching staff and front office are dumb and don't know what they're doing? Hm... apparently most of them should start saying this about other staffs.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.