Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-05-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
Does Wade go after Jamal Williams, now that the Chargers have cut him loose?
Unfortunately, I don't think he has anything left in the tank. If he's cheap... Junior Siavii cheap... then I could see that happening. But I have major doubts. There's maybe a 5% chance of it happening, imo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Gaither, it just seems like a pipe dream that Baltimore lets him go. Of course they could of tendered him at a 1st and 3rd but I just can't see any scenario they don't match an offer we send over. Now if I'm Jerry I think it's worth a shot to try, him at LT, Free at RT is sexy. Just doubt that it's a realistic possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All is quiet at Valley Ranch as FA begins....

I think winning that playoff game came at a bigger loss to us in FA than I imagined. We're handicapped it seems.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are waiting for the right opportunity to present itself..we weren't going to be a team to jump in right away...i'm not surprised I guess.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We havent made a real big splash in years, we have a good team with little need, it's not surprising. Last year we waited a long time to do anything as well. Brooking was a couple of days in and Sensabaugh was a pretty late addition, if I remember correctly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Igor was late also

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha forgot about Igor. lolz.

But yeah, we're not really in the big FA market anymore.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-05-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do whatever it takes to bring in OL help. We were beat in the playoffs by OL. This should be number one concern. I don't care, as long as OL is improved.
Gaither is intriguing, veterans on the o-line could be preferred as they say it takes 2-3 yrs. in the same system to train a good OL. But we need youth, the Dallas OL is way too old & it showed bigtime in the playoffs last yr.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I don't see much out there, I liked Rolle but for the highest paid safety in the league? yea right. Plus traditionally big spending doesn't end up being what you think, NY wined and dined Canty and got all of a handful of plays from him last year. Boley was great in coverage but missed a huge chunk also.

I think we'll look at some guys once the first wave is done like you guys stated we did last year. The teams who had to make big signings had far less talent(Detroit), or on a playoff or bust type of season(Chicago).

None of the big players available made much sense to us honestly. Let's see if anything happens with OJ or if we decide to make an offer for any tendered players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Another thing to think about is if NYG get Rolle thats another team that will pass on Thomas...I'm just saying

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So which ones do you guys want?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm honestly not in love with anything out there.

Neil Rackers? lol

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Anyone else? Seriously, there isn't much of anything available.

I'd rather draft a safety than go Ryan Clark and the ends out there, are not any better than what we have. Lito wont take being a 4th corner, so that's out also. I really dont know where we'll go. Kicker actually does seem like the most likely signing.

Our coverage units arent even that bad so I dont think we'll be signing Osgood either. ST ace but, we really dont need to waste a spot on him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-05-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A first-round tender makes it challenging for any restricted free agent draw interest from another NFL team, but that hasn't been the case so far for Indianapolis Colts safety Antoine Bethea.

An NFL source has told Scout.com that three NFC East clubs--the New York Giants, Washington Redskins, and the Dallas Cowboys, have been showing interest in the highly reliable and durable defender despite the tender. And two teams in the AFC East--the Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets--have been mulling over the possibility of signing the two-time Pro Bowl nominee to an offer sheet.
http://profootball.scout.com/2/951373.html

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
At the very least it confirms what the front office thinks about Safety being a need. I mean... we can discuss our needs all we want, and know that we're right, but it's reconfirming to know that what we think is what the FO thinks.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Restricted free agent Sensabaugh drawing interest
Old 03-06-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Saaaweeeet! I hope he goes and we get a 2nd rounder!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. I'd rather keep Sensabaugh...but brining in Bethea would be nice. I think the Colts would match, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sense played very well....why would you hope for a 2nd rounder? We'd be incredibly thin and young at safety(assuming Hamlin gets replaced with a rookie)
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Netting a 2nd round pick would allow for us to get Earl Thomas. I'm all for it if thats the strategy...Ball and Thomas at safety is kinda a scary thought...but I could live with it. Couldn't be as unproductive as Hamlin Sensy I guess.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Sense played very well....why would you hope for a 2nd rounder? We'd be incredibly thin and young at safety(assuming Hamlin gets replaced with a rookie)
Cause I think there are guys that will have much better NFL careers than Sensy who will be drafted in the 2nd round.

Sensy was ok. He wasn't irreplaceably good, imo.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sensy is more of a sure thing though. I think you could have your cake and eat it to with him. They could draft a young guy with some potential, but keep him there so that a rookie isn't thrown to the wolves early.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Sensy is more of a sure thing though. I think you could have your cake and eat it to with him. They could draft a young guy with some potential, but keep him there so that a rookie isn't thrown to the wolves early.
There's plenty of reasons to believe a rookie can have a more positive impact. Louis Delmas, Sean Smith, Jairus Byrd were all 2nd round safeties last year who burst on the scene. This year's safety class is talented too.

In fact, in some ways the top tier scare me more than the 2nd tier. Berry isn't a Top 3 prospect in most years. He's being highly overrated. Honestly, I don't think he separates himself that much from Delmas, Smith and Byrd. Also, Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays both have glaring weaknesses of their own.

The 2nd tier is where we may find more substance... I wouldn't be shocked at all if Reshad Jones, Chad Jones, and Nate Allen outshined their more highly touted peers.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
In fact, in some ways the top tier scare me more than the 2nd tier. Berry isn't a Top 3 prospect in most years. He's being highly overrated. Honestly, I don't think he separates himself that much from Delmas, Smith and Byrd. Also, Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays both have glaring weaknesses of their own.
I would agree that Taylor Mays and Earl Thomas have some question marks, but Eric Berry is the real deal. I don't think there has been this blend of intelligence, athleticism, and instinct in a DB prospect in years. His combine workouts were exemplary, and the great film on him is a mile long.

The dropoff from Eric Berry to all of the other safeties is pretty steep, imho. Whoever gets this kid is getting a real prize.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:43 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

D has been down on Eric Berry for over a year...ever since the hype train started and he argued that Taylor Mays was a better safety. His views aren't going to change this late into the process. All you have to do to love this kid is listen to him talk. His physical attributes and on the field play speak for themselves. But an educated smart kid who has a good head on his shoulders...I see a Warrick Dunn type NFL contribution out of this kid...I love every single thing about him.

Designs by me
Quote: