Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-07-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Why would you want to trade a guy we know can play, to pick up risky draft picks and pay them insane top 5 money?
Exactly, if we move Gaither and get a top 5 pick, I can't see us taking Okung or Baluga that makes no sense. We'd move up to take an impact player and use some of our other picks on OL talent. We aren't in the market for a QB so scratch off Clausen and Bradford, I'm sure we'd love to have Suh or McCoy but I doubt we'd net a pick high enough to select one of them. I wonder if we'd move Gaither in favor of someone like J.P.P. since pass rushing is such a need. I really couldn't see us moving Gaither for a chance at Haden, when you could get Kyle Wilson at our 1st pick. Eric Berry could be a possibility but I doubt we value a safety more than a proven LT. I don't want to move Gaither but if we did and it netted us JPP and then we used our 1st for Bruce Campbell, I wouldn't be mad at all.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Exactly, if we move Gaither and get a top 5 pick, I can't see us taking Okung or Baluga that makes no sense. We'd move up to take an impact player and use some of our other picks on OL talent. We aren't in the market for a QB so scratch off Clausen and Bradford, I'm sure we'd love to have Suh or McCoy but I doubt we'd net a pick high enough to select one of them. I wonder if we'd move Gaither in favor of someone like J.P.P. since pass rushing is such a need. I really couldn't see us moving Gaither for a chance at Haden, when you could get Kyle Wilson at our 1st pick. Eric Berry could be a possibility but I doubt we value a safety more than a proven LT. I don't want to move Gaither but if we did and it netted us JPP and then we used our 1st for Bruce Campbell, I wouldn't be mad at all.
I know Gaither has a 1st round tender but it wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks offered their 2nd and 4th instead of their first. I just don't see them giving up the #6 pick. Though if they did, I think Dez Bryant would be the most likely option. A sleeper pick would be Eric Berry. Can play any position in the secondary. Could be the # CB or could replace Reed/Landry down the road. Dream scenario would be to package the picks and get Gerald McCoy but I don't see that happening.

It's all hypothetical and it is a exciting possibility to consider but I just don't see us getting the #6 pick.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be ecstatic if we moved Gaither for pick #6. Eric Berry, Joe Haden, Gerald McCoy, Dez Bryant all viable options that high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my new mock. I really like this one.

1st- TE, Jermaine Gresham.
2nd- DE, Alex Carrington.
5th- WR, Blair White.
5th- OLB, George Selvie.
6th- CB, Walter McFadden.
7th- QB, Rusty Smith.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's unrealstic to expect a top 10 pick from Gaither. Is he better then anyone in the top 10? Probably. But when is the last time a player was traded for a top 10 pick? It rarely ever happens if at all, and I doubt it starts. Most I can see being realistic is SF at #13 or Seattle at #14, other then that it'd be a late 1st and a late pick, or 2nd and something else.

Top 5 will never happen as much as it be nice to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think it's unrealstic to expect a top 10 pick from Gaither. Is he better then anyone in the top 10? Probably. But when is the last time a player was traded for a top 10 pick? It rarely ever happens if at all, and I doubt it starts. Most I can see being realistic is SF at #13 or Seattle at #14, other then that it'd be a late 1st and a late pick, or 2nd and something else.

Top 5 will never happen as much as it be nice to think about.
You are right, and I don't think many of us realistically expect Gaither to be traded. We have no in house replacement, so one would think the only reason we put him out there is because we want someone to overpay for him, so unless someone does overpay, I doubt he goes anywhere.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are right, and I don't think many of us realistically expect Gaither to be traded. We have no in house replacement, so one would think the only reason we put him out there is because we want someone to overpay for him, so unless someone does overpay, I doubt he goes anywhere.
ummm...Oher? He played lights out on the left side. I understand not wanting to move Gaither because I think we have the best young tackle combo in the league, but Oher is more then capable of filling his shoes and displayed that ability this year.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
ummm...Oher? He played lights out on the left side. I understand not wanting to move Gaither because I think we have the best young tackle combo in the league, but Oher is more then capable of filling his shoes and displayed that ability this year.
Umm yeah pretty sure 2 OT's play on the field at a time, which means we'd have to take an OT somewhat high if we traded Gaither. I don't know about you but I think it would be pretty boneheaded to trade Gaither for a pick and then use that pick on a different OT.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are we going to put Oneil Cousins at RT? he hada 2 good games against CHI and DET but sucked against PIT.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
are we going to put Oneil Cousins at RT? he hada 2 good games against CHI and DET but sucked against PIT.
That's what I meant by having no in house replacement, I have no problem with Oher sliding over to LT, but that leaves us with Oneil Cousins start at RT which I do not want.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Umm yeah pretty sure 2 OT's play on the field at a time, which means we'd have to take an OT somewhat high if we traded Gaither. I don't know about you but I think it would be pretty boneheaded to trade Gaither for a pick and then use that pick on a different OT.
I didnt say that we should. Im just as opposed to trading Gaither as you are. But suggesting we dont have an OT to fill his place isnt right, as Oher is more then capable of manning the left side. And in that situation, we could almost use the first rounder we gain to upgrade another position and draft a RT either at 25 or even in the 2nd in a draft this deep. The options are there, and losing Gaither would be alot more crushing if we didnt already have an elite LT prospect biding him time across the line.

That said, its difficult to put a price on an elite young LT with as much experience as Gaither so unless its a top 15 pick with a good chance at Bryant, Haden, or Berry, Id rather just keep him.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I won't lie if we got a Top 5 #1 then yes let Gaither go and we can draft Okung or Bulaga then it might be worth the trade. Otherwise NOWAY he leaves I think the 1st instead of the 1st and 3rd was a financial move not a slap in the face move.
i'm really not sure if it's just a financial move. it almost seems like an invitation to me. if it's just a financial move to save a couple million for this year, then they are taking a huge risk with a team in need of a tackle drafting at the bottom of the first like Dallas that might put a huge offer out there for Gaither forcing the Ravens to either match it or to instead settle with a late first and not get a more desired top 15 pick from a team like the 49ers or Seahawks.

I guess it really depends on what team gets to that offer sheet first or decides to make a trade...

Last edited by bluebonnet78 : 03-07-2010 at 10:52 PM.
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Here's my new mock. I really like this one.

1st- TE, Jermaine Gresham.
2nd- DE, Alex Carrington.
5th- WR, Blair White.
5th- OLB, George Selvie.
6th- CB, Walter McFadden.
7th- QB, Rusty Smith.
We don't have a 7th round pick, it went to Tampa for the Marques Douglas trade a couple years back.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my new mock, I gave the Ravens Kyle Wilson. Would that make you guys happy?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson isn't a bad pick. Depends on what defensive lineman/Gresham/possible receiver is left on the board but he's my second favorite corner in the draft. Probably because of the sweet bus his brother used to drive to Boise State games :).
Old 03-07-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Wilson isn't a bad pick. Depends on what defensive lineman/Gresham/possible receiver is left on the board but he's my second favorite corner in the draft. Probably because of the sweet bus his brother used to drive to Boise State games :).
Gresham was still on the board, but I believe that Baltimore needs a CB more than a TE at this moment in time.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I think Gresham provides far better value, and seems much more like an Ozzie pick then Wilson. Not to mention, we seem to have the impression that Foxworth and Fabian are good, and Webb is coming back from injury. Cant see us going Wilson with Gresham still on the board. We are known for BPA after all.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

We have good back-end depth at corner. Rolle will probably be cut and I'm not sure if we're going to play to bring Fabian back. We do need another corner, but I wouldn't say more so than a TE. Heap really didn't have a good consistent year (most like 4 good games then the rest he was invisible) and we don't have depth at the position.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I gave ya'll Aaron Hernandez in round 2. Not really a tight end, but can get vertical and has solid hands.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Was Gronkowski available? Hes starting to grow on me.
Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Don't think we'd take a TE like Hernandez. We like the ones that can block, or at least have the potential to grow into a decent in-line blocker. Hernandez just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. Gronkowski is my (and many people's) #2 TE and if he was available then it'd be great.Still would rather have Gresham in the first.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one player lost in the Tackle discussion is Adam Terry. Any one feel he has anything left to offer?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Adam Terry was a project that never panned out. He had his chances but I think he will be a ok backup at best in the NFL....
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Just did a mock with Toonster that had Sean Weatherspoon falling to us at 25. Also had Gresham and Taylor Mays on the board, but Weatherspoon just seems like an Ozzie selection.

Go check it out, its in the mock section.
Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Just did a mock with Toonster that had Sean Weatherspoon falling to us at 25. Also had Gresham and Taylor Mays on the board, but Weatherspoon just seems like an Ozzie selection.

Go check it out, its in the mock section.
He does but I think we would draft Mays or Gresham at that point with Mays being more probable then Gresham just because of injury proneness

Could you imagine Mays playing the strong safety for us?! OMG reed would never have to play the run!!! He could just stay back and play the pass and run back INT's!!!!!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote