Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-07-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Offseason Discussion

Woooo Dansby.

Sounds like Ryan Clark could be the next free agent to sign with Miami. He's visiting Miami now, hopefully he doesn't leave before he signs.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/0...fety-ryan.html

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys - need help on my mock draft, hopefully you can help me out! My question is regarding who you think the Dolphins will take in this draft assuming Dez Bryant is off the board. I had them taking him in my last mock, but I'm going to give Jacksonville him this time around. I assume Kindle probably isn't much of a consideration since they have Dansby now? Or should I give them him anyways? Who are some other options?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Woooo Dansby.

Sounds like Ryan Clark could be the next free agent to sign with Miami. He's visiting Miami now, hopefully he doesn't leave before he signs.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/0...fety-ryan.html
Dansby was my only wish but Clark would be a good signing as well. Yeremiah Bell plays like Polamalu lite and Clark has been a great coverage compliment to him so I think he'll do really well here as long as we can meet his contract demands.

not a fan of any FA WRs to be honest and unless we can get Bryant at a bargain price i hope we go the draft route for our need there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now that we missed out on Clark, I'm kinda hoping we can bring in Darren Sharper on a two year deal. That would give us a bridge that doesn't mortgage the future of Clemons who i think showed a lot of promise last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Hey guys - need help on my mock draft, hopefully you can help me out! My question is regarding who you think the Dolphins will take in this draft assuming Dez Bryant is off the board. I had them taking him in my last mock, but I'm going to give Jacksonville him this time around. I assume Kindle probably isn't much of a consideration since they have Dansby now? Or should I give them him anyways? Who are some other options?
Coming from a fan of a team that also runs the 3-4 defense, you should know that the Dansby signing would have no effect on us taking Kindle, if we chose to do so. Dansby is an ILB and will play that for us as well. Kindle would be an OLB. So that would be a solid pick. But I still would have to say screw the Jags, I WANT DEZ!! :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
JWZZR
Rookie

JWZZR smells like sex panther.JWZZR smells like sex panther.

Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI

Oh well I want the dolphins to draft a running back in one of the first 3 rounds.

Do any other dolphins fan feel that we do not really need a receiver. I mean Pennington tossed for 4,000 yards without Hartline and A Raw Devon Bess.
JWZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins plan to trade LG Justin Smiley, a source close to the team tells beat writer Edgar Thompson.

The Dolphins told Smiley not to join the team for the offseason conditioning program. Smiley was signed to a five-year, $25 million contract in 2008 but missed eight starts over the last two seasons due to leg and shoulder injuries. With Richie Incognito now in the fold along with Donald Thomas and Nate Garner, the Dolphins apparently see guard as a position of depth.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...justin-smiley/

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

yea i saw that too, what do you think the asking price is? I would think it can't be any lower than a 4th rounder and that might be worst case. he has been injured but he's an above average starter when healthy. I think I'd ask for a 3rd

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.examiner.com/x-37251-Miam...-on-DUI-charge

Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
yea i saw that too, what do you think the asking price is? I would think it can't be any lower than a 4th rounder and that might be worst case. he has been injured but he's an above average starter when healthy. I think I'd ask for a 3rd
Yeah, the asking price seems to be a 3rd rounder right now. I think in the end, we may be happy to get a fourth, or possibly another player in return to help us.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:16 AM    (permalink
fergie 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
The Dolphins plan to trade LG Justin Smiley, a source close to the team tells beat writer Edgar Thompson.

The Dolphins told Smiley not to join the team for the offseason conditioning program. Smiley was signed to a five-year, $25 million contract in 2008 but missed eight starts over the last two seasons due to leg and shoulder injuries. With Richie Incognito now in the fold along with Donald Thomas and Nate Garner, the Dolphins apparently see guard as a position of depth.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...justin-smiley/
there geting offers but there low draft picks...........
Old 04-14-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

WOOOOOOO B-MARSH!!!

overall I'm on the fence about this deal because I'm wary about paying him a ton of money and then the whole being in Miami thing (he'll have lots more night clubs to hit up...) but if we can keep him in line off-the-field, this will be a STEAL.

this takes WR off my draft board now. Hartline's development should fit him for the number 2 WR role and Bess is a perfect slot guy. If we can't get decent value for Ginn (high 5th or better) I'd say we should just keep him and let him return kicks for us in the final year of his deal and then we'll likely get a decent comp pick for him when he leaves. We gotta rid ourselves of one of our WRs though, gotta be Camarillo or Ginn, maybe we just take the best deal we can get for one of them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep pretty freakin awesome. I expect us to trade down from 12 now though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yep pretty freakin awesome. I expect us to trade down from 12 now though.
Completely agree. I was just about to post that in the draft thread. I just don't know who we'd target if we move back. Depending on how far, maybe Kindle is still on the board? Maybe Mays? Cody or Nate allen if we move WAY back? I think draft day just got a lot more interesting for us, especially on that first day, I'll almost be disappointed if we stay put and take someone now haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Broncos fan... i envy you guys. you got him for NOTHING. here is a guy that without character issues... would be more valuable than the #1 pick in the draft. I think he is a future hall of famer. it SUCKS to see him go, but i guess he was a cancer
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Completely agree. I was just about to post that in the draft thread. I just don't know who we'd target if we move back. Depending on how far, maybe Kindle is still on the board? Maybe Mays? Cody or Nate allen if we move WAY back? I think draft day just got a lot more interesting for us, especially on that first day, I'll almost be disappointed if we stay put and take someone now haha.
lol, same here. If we do, I hope we still target the same guys. Earl Thomas, JPP, Morgan, maybe even Jermaine Gresham as ANOTHER weapon for Henne. Imagine our offense with Marshall as our #1, Hartline as #2, Bess as the slot, Ginn as a situational deep threat, and Jermaine Gresham at TE stretching the middle of the field. That would be dynamic! I could see Spiller as a target too now, based on the the statement from Sparano about needing more "chunk" yards. And if Ronnie truly isn't in the plans for after the year, I'd be ok with it.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Catch_23
Rookie

Catch_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow Marshall, i love what we have done in the offseason so far. Him and Dansby are going to look great on our team. But as for the draft now, i'd love to see us trade back a little and pick up another pick and maybe get a guy like Earl Thomas to help sure up our pass defense.
Catch_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Bad move by Miami today trading Ginn for a #5 pick. With Marshall in town, Ginn could have been that perfect #2 WR to stretch the D and keep them honest. Not a lot of catches, but a lot of YPC... I think he will do well out there with Crabtree and Davis to eat up the underneath stuff
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a lively group we have here. This site needs more Dolphins fans.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote