Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Preach on, brotha man. Cover 2 is for pussies. Hey, I'm fine with it, since it'll mean that the Giants aren't using their secondary right. Have at it, DeSean.
:(

in a related note of ineptitude, why the F did you guys release Weatherspoon again?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I mostly agree with you (**** you Rod Marinelli). Has anybody mocked Weatherspoon to the Giants yet? He seems like he could be a good cover 2 MLB.
Been flirting with the idea personally since the Senior bowl and further analysis, i dont think its been as concesus among giants fans until after the Combine.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
:(

in a related note of ineptitude, why the F did you guys release Weatherspoon again?
Because he makes more than $7 per hour and is a linebacker. But hey, good news, the Eagles are apparently looking into signing Scott Fujita.

Reid is a ******. End o' story. Witherspoon-Bradley-Scrub SLB would have been infinitely better than Jordan/Gaither-Bradley-Scrub SLB, but the Eagles despise linebackers. They always get smoked by tight ends and can be run at because the LBs blow wangs, but hey, let's not address that issue.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys, it doesn't matter. We're gonna run Cover 2.

Cover 2 sucks.

Not all the time BBD, lol. If it's a pure C2 zone then I'd throw my remote. But let's see how this guy is.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for us (Buccaneers) to draft Eric Berry so he can be the highest paid paid safety. :D

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he makes more than $7 per hour and is a linebacker. But hey, good news, the Eagles are apparently looking into signing Scott Fujita.

Reid is a ******. End o' story. Witherspoon-Bradley-Scrub SLB would have been infinitely better than Jordan/Gaither-Bradley-Scrub SLB, but the Eagles despise linebackers. They always get smoked by tight ends and can be run at because the LBs blow wangs, but hey, let's not address that issue.
If you think Fujita is close to Witherspoon's level you need to put down the crack pipe. Witherspoon is a great linebacker and his presence was made loud and clear when the Eagles picked him up last year.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
If you think Fujita is close to Witherspoon's level you need to put down the crack pipe. Witherspoon is a great linebacker and his presence was made loud and clear when the Eagles picked him up last year.
You're not too well-versed in the arts of sarcasm and reading comprehension, are you?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats really not fair to Fujita, he is underrated although still isnt better than Witherspoon. Dont really know how he'll fit the Eagles tho, hes not super athletic

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe he was being sarcastic.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
(10 characters)
Whimper's stepped in at both tackle spots and done well in both run and pass D. I think he'd be a solid starter if we need him to be.

As for Sintim I still maintain we won't run a tampa-2 unless there's a drastic personnel change, which I don't expect. Fewell's never had good coverage LBs before so why do we think he'll need them know? Especially considering we've already got one stud in that area, Boley, and could draft another, Daryl Washington/Franklin Weatherspoon.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Whimper's stepped in at both tackle spots and done well in both run and pass D. I think he'd be a solid starter if we need him to be.

As for Sintim I still maintain we won't run a tampa-2 unless there's a drastic personnel change, which I don't expect. Fewell's never had good coverage LBs before so why do we think he'll need them know? Especially considering we've already got one stud in that area, Boley, and could draft another, Daryl Washington/Franklin Weatherspoon.
Whimper still isnt a great run blocker, not saying McKenzie is anymore because hes pretty average in every category now. He could start, but our run game sure as hell wont get better.

Fewell had Poz, Crowell, and Kawika who all arent good in coverage your right, but Sintim is worse. If you watched him in the senior bowl, essentially the only time youll see him cover because he rushed the passer almost the entire time with Groh at Virginia, his hips were atrocious. Fewell at least had traditional linebackers who had alot of experience in coverage.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
One...one with a manning at the helm.
2 if you include the Tampa 2 used in...Tampa.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whimper still isnt a great run blocker, not saying McKenzie is anymore because hes pretty average in every category now. He could start, but our run game sure as hell wont get better.

Fewell had Poz, Crowell, and Kawika who all arent good in coverage your right, but Sintim is worse. If you watched him in the senior bowl, essentially the only time youll see him cover because he rushed the passer almost the entire time with Groh at Virginia, his hips were atrocious. Fewell at least had traditional linebackers who had alot of experience in coverage.
The senior bowl? You mean the same senior bowl that made him play a defense which is was completely unfamilar with at the college level? That one?

He can adjust. He's got a ton of athleticism so I'm pretty confident he will be fine in coverage once he gets some more time under his belt.

If he can't, move him to DE. Simple as that.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
2 if you include the Tampa 2 used in...Tampa.
Yeah, but who counts that one?

Quote:

Yeah, our OL won't be as great run blocking with Whimper but I think he'd do well enough considering we're becoming a passing team. We'd also have an interior OL that's fantastic at pulling.

As for sintim, what forenci said + if he doesn't work out we still have goff and Kehl who are no stiffer than Poz n company in buffalo. If we've got Boley and Washington filling that 3rd LB spot will be a lot easier.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The senior bowl? You mean the same senior bowl that made him play a defense which is was completely unfamilar with at the college level? That one?

He can adjust. He's got a ton of athleticism so I'm pretty confident he will be fine in coverage once he gets some more time under his belt.

If he can't, move him to DE. Simple as that.
he went 1 on 1 with RB's and TE's, both he was pretty bad, Jerimiah Johnson made him look like a scrub. You can look at the result, i look at the technique and hips when i evaluate, he was flat footed, high in backpedal, and had alot of stiffness in his hips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IZoBCL0F3A

3:06
5:22

He doesnt look as bad as it looks from a straight on view. But he is not fit for SLB in a tampa 2 defense, with coaching he could be decent to good in a system like Spags'

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 03-06-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Hahahahaha. This is so funny and yet so true.

Eagles linebackers: the minimum wage burger flippers of the NFL.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle is an average safety who played next to one a top safety in the league; he has made the little mistakes, and takes chances at times that can affect the game.

Is he a tier 1 player? no, thats why he didn't derseve to be paid like one. He isn't a top 10 safety in this league, and for the team to pay someone that much money just because he is the best there is, is flat out dumb.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Rolle is an average safety who played next to one a top safety in the league; he has made the little mistakes, and takes chances at times that can affect the game.

Is he a tier 1 player? no, thats why he didn't derseve to be paid like one. He isn't a top 10 safety in this league, and for the team to pay someone that much money just because he is the best there is, is flat out dumb.
Clearly our method of running our organization works. I am guessing through scouting him we thought his skill set would work in our system. Also, once our pass rush gets started again, it would allow KP and Rolle do be a good duo back there. Plus he is 27 and will get better, and our coaching staff in place feel that they can develop him. If we were the hadn't made the playoffs for 10 years and did stuff like this I understand, but we are an elite franchise, and proved to be consistent, so I have no issue with what Reese and Abrams did.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants needed a safety. Badly. And thats why this move was made. Thats all there is to it.

Every FA gets overpaid. I'm just glad we didn't overpay as much as I initially anticipated.

In a perfect world, we would find somebody in the draft, but unfortunately, we have some other major needs like LB and DT that need to be addressed early in the draft.

When your needs outnumber your early draft picks, you go and get someone in FA to fill 1 of those needs.

Thats just the nature of the beast.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The Giants needed a safety. Badly. And thats why this move was made. Thats all there is to it.

Every FA gets overpaid. I'm just glad we didn't overpay as much as I initially anticipated.

In a perfect world, we would find somebody in the draft, but unfortunately, we have some other major needs like LB and DT that need to be addressed early in the draft.

When your needs outnumber your early draft picks, you go and get someone in FA to fill 1 of those needs.

Thats just the nature of the beast.

If he was any better of a player, the cards probably keep him or over pay big time. Plus let's not forget they matched our offer anyways. It's not like we made a big offer, and everyone else backed down. We made that offer, and the Cards matched them, which meant it came down to Rolle himself.

With no Salary cap we paid, and we did over pay, but we got one of the best FAs on the market, and most importantly made steps to get better by getting a solid guy who fills a very important need. I have no issue with this one bit.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
If he was any better of a player, the cards probably keep him or over pay big time. Plus let's not forget they matched our offer anyways. It's not like we made a big offer, and everyone else backed down. We made that offer, and the Cards matched them, which meant it came down to Rolle himself.

With no Salary cap we paid, and we did over pay, but we got one of the best FAs on the market, and most importantly made steps to get better by getting a solid guy who fills a very important need. I have no issue with this one bit.
Let's not forget the guy is still learning how to play Safety. He'll have a much better pass rush in front of him if our front 4 can stay healthy this year as well.

So we haven't seen the finished product yet. Theres room for growth with Rolle.

We don't need him to be a stud. We just need him to be good. And i'm pretty confident he can give that to us.

If we play a man coverage based scheme, and if KP can come back healthy, we'll have 1 of the best secondaries in the league. In today's era of spread offenses, thats worth the investment.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Let's not forget the guy is still learning how to play Safety. He'll have a much better pass rush in front of him if our front 4 can stay healthy this year as well.

So we haven't seen the finished product yet. Theres room for growth with Rolle.

We don't need him to be a stud. We just need him to be good. And i'm pretty confident he can give that to us.

If we play a man coverage based scheme, and if KP can come back healthy, we'll have 1 of the best secondaries in the league. In today's era of spread offenses, thats worth the investment.
Yeha you can't look at this signing without factoring the other variables.

How old is he? Is he young or old?
Is he coachable?
How is his attitude?
How does he fit within the frame work of our defensive scheme?
How does his skill set translate and get better with the personnel we already have? Is that a factor?

Does signing him fill a need or this is a waste?

All these are important factors when analyzing if this is a good signing or not.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._jim_sorg.html

Base salaries:
2010: $4.750 million (fully guaranteed)
2011: $5.250m (fully guaranteed)
2012: $6.750m
2013: $7m
2014: $7m

Signing bonus: $5 million

Workout bonuses: $250k per year

Add it all up and you get the $37 million with $15 million guaranteed that's been reported. (In addition, Rolle has Pro Bowl incentives of $100k per year. Those incentives aren't included when talking about the standard value of a contract. But they're certainly there to be earned.)
Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
I can't wait for us (Buccaneers) to draft Eric Berry so he can be the highest paid paid safety. :D
Ballhawk safeties are a waste in the Tampa Two.

If McCoy's not there you guys should trade down and acquire Taylor Mays. Now that's a Tampa Two safety.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote