Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-08-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Could Gerald McCoy Drop out of the top 5?

I was just thinking about this scenario.

What if the Rams end up taking Sam Bradford at 1 and then the Lions take Russell Okung at 2. Tampa would then take Suh at 3 and where does that leave Gerald McCoy?

Its not like this is entirely impossible as the Rams biggest position of need is QB and Bradford would have been #1 overall if he decalred last year.

The Lions witnessed first hand what happens to a 80 million dollar investment at QB when he has no one to protect his blind side. Thats where they can clearly take Russell Okung and they dealt for Corey Williams to play DT and signed Vanden Bosch.

It is clear Suh would then go to Tampa. So where does that leave McCoy? WOuld Washington take him to play DE in the 3-4? If he gets by Washington, I don't see Kansas City taking him as they have Dorsey and Jackson. Maybe Seattle could take him. I don't see him falling past 7 as Cleveland has expressed interest in him being a 3-4 end.

Its just a question to ponder. Let me know what you think.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sure some team will trade up if he falls to KC

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if suh dropped out of the top 2 than yes mccoy could drop out of the top 5

alot of "ifs" in that scenario
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually starting to believe that Suh or McCoy will be available at 5 and will allow the Chiefs to trade down because of it.

Okung will likely be the pick for the Lions because of his super combine workout (Davis had a not so good workout and I highly doubt Bruce Campbell goes before #8 [or after]).

If Bradford, Clausen, Okung, and Suh/McCoy are the top 4 picks then that will make McCoy/Suh the 5th pick though. It will just be by someone else not in KC (because KC can't have 3 top 5 picks at 5-tech and neither can play 0-tech).
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the scenario I'm hoping plays out. I'd love to trade out of that pick, maybe down to 10-11 around there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant imagine mccoy falling past the skins in your scenario. at a minimum they should be able to get decent enough trade value from someone wanting to move up for mccoy.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, he could.

Though I agree that the trade talks would start with Washington at 4. 4 and 5 would both be very attactive picks for the teams in the market for McCoy, Clausen, or even Bryant & Berry.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But here is the other question, who would trade up? Every scout in the league says he would be a terror in the 4-3 and is best suited to play under tackle. Which team would make the deal? Jacksonville? Seattle? New York Giants?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've thought for some time now that Berry or McCoy (or even Bradford for that matter) could drop to Seattle at #6. That sort of puts them in a position where they have to come off going with an OT there and going for BPA.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard most teams have McCoy rated above Suh (less injury ?s and a better pass rusher apparently). But yeah, I think if Detroit takes Okung then either Suh or McCoy (whoever Tampa doesn't take) could fall out of the top 5 to Seattle.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't McCoy the better fit in a Tampa 2 scheme? So in this scenario it is possible that the Bucs take him over Suh. Washington would probably then take Suh to play in their 3-4 though.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that in that scenario, it would be Suh who falls, bc Tampa would prefer McCoy over Suh since he's more of a prototype Tampa 2 UT.

In fact, it would not shock me at all if McCoy is #1 on their board, not Suh.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.
hahahahaha so good.

i am not nearly as high on mccoy as others...he could drop out of the top 5 and i wouldnt be shocked
Old 03-08-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point I can't see either falling out of the top 5, although I think McCoy is a little overrated.
Of the two, I think McCoy will have the slower adjustment to the pro game; learning to use his hands better, diagnosing plays, improving his overall strength.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs would love nothing more then for him to fall to #5 so they can try and trade down.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I was just thinking about this scenario.

What if the Rams end up taking Sam Bradford at 1 and then the Lions take Russell Okung at 2. Tampa would then take Suh at 3 and where does that leave Gerald McCoy?

Its not like this is entirely impossible as the Rams biggest position of need is QB and Bradford would have been #1 overall if he decalred last year.

The Lions witnessed first hand what happens to a 80 million dollar investment at QB when he has no one to protect his blind side. Thats where they can clearly take Russell Okung and they dealt for Corey Williams to play DT and signed Vanden Bosch.

It is clear Suh would then go to Tampa. So where does that leave McCoy? WOuld Washington take him to play DE in the 3-4? If he gets by Washington, I don't see Kansas City taking him as they have Dorsey and Jackson. Maybe Seattle could take him. I don't see him falling past 7 as Cleveland has expressed interest in him being a 3-4 end.

Its just a question to ponder. Let me know what you think.
Not a chance. Somebody will trade up to get him.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would see that as justified, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL.... I was that mad in 1998 when my team passed on Randy Moss and selected the servicable DE. I just hadn't studied explosives yet at that time!
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless Matt Millen gets rehired the Lions aren't passing on Suh / McCoy at #2.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Stranger things have happened. So you think after that happens they definitely go after Dez Bryant?
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
espnhatesthe49ers
Rookie

espnhatesthe49ers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Since 2000 Detroit has had 11 1st round draft picks of those picks only one has been a defensive player.

Detroit is a team that values a ferious passing attack more than anything else.
espnhatesthe49ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this. I'll help set the charges.

You'd turn into an actual WMD, amirite?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espnhatesthe49ers View Post
Since 2000 Detroit has had 11 1st round draft picks of those picks only one has been a defensive player.

Detroit is a team that values a ferious passing attack more than anything else.
Since 2000. Does the fact that McMillen, who was a pretty good defensive player in his own right, was the GM for 9 of those draft picks?

Anyway its a new day in Detroit, at least Detroit fans hope

The bigger question should be who would be the better player to play the 3 tech in Detroit. I believe McCoy since he is the quicker of the 2 and able to get up the field better.

And even if McCoy and Suh are availible at the #3 pick Tampa Bay's scheme is more suited to McCoy's style of play even though I'm a big Suh fan

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote