Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
They are updating the rosters on Monday, there was a problem with the starter rosters and the potential grades. Guys like Adam Jones, Joe Mauer and Evan Longoria were showing up with a C for potential. They said it was a bug and would be fixed with the new roster update.
Awesome, I hadn't looked at the other rosters, was excited to see Reimold and Wieters as A potential, then wanted to **** a brick when Adam was a C.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eklgQEfaUjs

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said it before, I think GoW3 is one of the best animated games I've ever played.

Maybe it was because I played the demo right after the GoW Collection, but after watching that I still believe it's right up there.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heavy Rain, one of the best games and most innovative games ever made, end of story.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Heavy Rain, one of the best games and most innovative games ever made, end of story.
I second this. I started playing at 10pm. I didn't eat, drink, sleep, piss, ****, or wank until I found out the the origami killer was. I went to sleep at 7:30 am, and i was doing the controller actions in my sleep. That can't be healthy, lol. The game is too good.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I second this. I started playing at 10pm. I didn't eat, drink, sleep, piss, ****, or wank until I found out the the origami killer was. I went to sleep at 7:30 am, and i was doing the controller actions in my sleep. That can't be healthy, lol. The game is too good.
Ya I had to trade it in because I'm out of cash and needed to pre-order gow3... I felt like I was betraying the game to be honest. One of the single greatest gaming experiences I've had, truly epic and innovative in every sense of both words.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to trade in Heavy Rain with FFXIII and GoW3 coming out...

nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys help Shaun do his homework? I let him watch tv too long and he was pissed the next cuz he was punished at school, haha.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-08-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, I did everything by the schedule.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Did you guys help Shaun do his homework? I let him watch tv too long and he was pissed the next cuz he was punished at school, haha.
Ditto. I was still figuring out the controls...
Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Time passed by so fast on me. I found the schedule kinda late. Did you guys remember what he was wearing and the time? I forgot everything, haha. lol

but my game froze at that scene some how and i got to do it again and i got it right.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remembered the time and totally forgot what he was wearing but.....I some how guessed it correctly. haha. I was shocked when I got the trophy for that. Shot in the dark.

edit...also, I heard a lot of people had some freezing issues, I was a lucky one I guess. My game didnt freeze or get stuck on a black screen at all. Normally I always get the ones that freeze a bunch of times.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I get FF13 or GOW3? I only have time for one of them right now.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

If you're short on time, GoW3. It's an action game, so I imagine it'll only be ~10 hours.

FFXIII is going to be in the 50+ range.

I'm getting FFXIII tomorrow, but definitely would like to get GoW3 too.

The main thing for me is that the only GoW game I've played is Chains of Olympus for the PSP (prequel to GoW1). I kind of skipped the other two games. So I'll probably end up getting all three GoW's together and playing through them all straight (which just sounds ******* awesome).

Also, my friend is getting FFXIII tomorrow too, so we'll have daily conversations about the game.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am more of a Final Fantasy guy but the average reviews (8ish) are disapointing me. I beat GOW1 and CoO but didnt really love them. GOW3 however sounds like a can't miss (all great reviews so far).

It is a shame that FF13 hype is so low. It took forever to make and it used to be my most anticipated game since MGS4 but the reviews have pointed out a lot of negatives.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I remembered the time and totally forgot what he was wearing but.....I some how guessed it correctly. haha. I was shocked when I got the trophy for that. Shot in the dark.

edit...also, I heard a lot of people had some freezing issues, I was a lucky one I guess. My game didnt freeze or get stuck on a black screen at all. Normally I always get the ones that freeze a bunch of times.
I thought my game was already scratched or something. It really pissed me off like you wouldn't believe. It was just a black screen like you said but luckily it only happened once but I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish the game.

I'm kinda lazy to play through it again now. Just because I don't wanna do the same scenes and I already know whats going to happen. My heart was racing the first time.

Here is a video version of the worst possible ending you can get:

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-09-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I said it before, I think GoW3 is one of the best animated games I've ever played.

Maybe it was because I played the demo right after the GoW Collection, but after watching that I still believe it's right up there.
I'm playing the collection right now. I actually think GOW 3's graphics are being vastly overrated right now but, I'll reserve final judgement until I actually play the full game. A lot of people are saying best graphics ever but, I dont think it touches Uncharted at all. I'll just have to wait and see when I play it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2010, 08:18 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Ive been playing FF13 since last night and I gotta say Im so loving this game so far. The look and style of the game is just ****** gorgeous.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just cant get into that turn based gameplay. I cant stand that junk.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard you don't actually get full control of the character(s) until two hours into the game. Is that true?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just cant get into that turn based gameplay. I cant stand that junk.
Ah, you just don't like real RPGs :)

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add me to the hates turned based gameplay crowd, I can't stand games like that. If I'm going to play an RPG I prefer the fables, fallouts, and mass effects of the world.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Add me to the hates turned based gameplay crowd, I can't stand games like that. If I'm going to play an RPG I prefer the fables, fallouts, and mass effects of the world.
I don't consider Fallout 3 and the Mass Effects to be true RPGs.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well ive only begun playing it. But so far I have no complaints. I may be a bit bias because Ive been a big fan of this series for a long long time. The big complaint about the game is that its to linear. But thats peoples main gripe about the FF series overall. I cant really tell you if this one is more linear then the last because Ive only been playing it a short time.

As for it being turned based, again its a FF thing, you love it or hate it. In this game and in FF12, they changed up fight sequences quite a bit, so it actually happens in real time. This picks up the pace of fighting quite a bit imo. Instead of stop, point, click, action, stop, point, click, action. Everything happens in real time, so you got to be on the ball when your doing this, or you get killed.

If you all want, I'll share more about the game as I get farther into it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I've only played a little bit so far, but it's easily the best looking game ever (if you have a PS3 & 360, get it for PS3 for 1080 cinematics - 360 is a cheap port that only does 480). It's fun so far, but I've been a huge JRPG fan since forever.

I can't wait to get home to play it some more. Just glad this is my week off of online classes...

If you like epic, story-based RPGs, this is a must-buy. I've heard the difficulty level is pretty strong, and really ramps up later in the game...I can't wait!

Quote:
I don't consider Fallout 3 and the Mass Effects to be true RPGs.
They're definitely RPGs, they're just not JRPGs.