Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Tallion somehow falls to us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I couldn't imagine the Orioles passing on Bryce Harper, he's exactly the type of player this team needs.
I know you dont draft on position but where would he play?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J Hey is a machine, that RF job is his already. Who are we kidding?

Leyland likened him to a young Albert Pujols today...I can live with that. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy that I drafted Heyward with the 3rd overall pick in my leagues prospect draft. At 6'5" 240 the guy is a beast. What I like most about Heyward is that he has home run power, but at the same time is a very well disciplined hitter that can hit for a high average. Going into the season he is my number 1 canidate for N.L ROY honours.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's pretty much a shoe in for NL ROY. Much like Longoria was for the AL, as soon as he got called up. Heyward is extremely disciplined, he's got major power but, he'd rather just get on base. He's a lot like a right handed, Derek Lee, with more upside.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Heyward will rupture something in his leg like in my OOTP franchise and his career will end after the 2011 season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I wonder if Heyward will rupture something in his leg like in my OOTP franchise and his career will end after the 2011 season.
If he stays healthy...ROY.

If he ruptures something...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

And wow, that really sucks for you. hahaha

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't jinx him, he is my fantasy teams future at OF.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Strasburg could be ROY also. He could just dominate his first 2 months and then come up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He's pretty much a shoe in for NL ROY. Much like Longoria was for the AL, as soon as he got called up. Heyward is extremely disciplined, he's got major power but, he'd rather just get on base. He's a lot like a right handed, Derek Lee, with more upside.
Derrek Lee is right handed as well...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Derrek Lee is right handed as well...
oops.

I meant the other way around. He's a left handed Derek Lee. lol. I'm rusty.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

Lol I also got Strasburg in a draft day deal. It all works out for me :). Though I see the Nationals taking a more David Price approach with Stras by keeping him in the minors and working on his other pitches until he is 100% ready to come up to the majors and stay there.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hank Blalock *************. Put us in the ALCS.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I have worse OOTP luck than you. Evan went down for a year and a half, than BJ Upton went for his career.

It was time to delete that game.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Injuries just a tad severe in that sim? geez.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
J Hey is a machine, that RF job is his already. Who are we kidding?

Leyland likened him to a young Albert Pujols today...I can live with that. :)
He's no Ike Davis.

...just sayin'.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did my first fantasy draft the other day.... somebody rate my team please

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhou...&seasonId=2010

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strong starting pitching, but your offense is on the weaker side and having only one closer will hurt ya

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Hank Blalock *************. Put us in the ALCS.
Where is he going to play?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Renaudo? He's been hurt so I'd be scared.
I think he faked the injury so he could end up with Yankees. He is a Yank fan. lol. I really hate tall pitcher. It disturbs me watching some wonky movement during delivery. yuck!
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Whaa?

The America is better. big fat check.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
dbacks have never passed on a prospect due to sign-ability, Travis Lee, Stephen Drew, Justin Upton, etc

so he wont fall past 6
And Harper is not going to be the only one prospect with signability.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nathan might be out for the year with a UCL tear.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Yeah I know. But it wouldn't be surprised me if they did draft him. I do like Bryce Bentz as well, but 2 might be too high for him. Jameson Tallion would also be good, but I am not sure if the Pirates really like high school arms in the first.

I think Pirates will repeat what they did last year. They go after senior player for cheap in the first round and then gather a bunch of talents with signability for next 5 or 7 rounds. I like this approach because it is a lot of cheap to go after signability prospects in the midst of the draft. Pirates can gamble top talent in the first round and gets 1st round compensation next year but it will delay their development process as they need more talents under contract in the system. Because of that, Bentz is definitely out of question. Tallion could be available after 1st round for Pirates.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Nathan might be out for the year with a UCL tear.
be prepared, someone will come in and say he is not worth $$$. lol.