Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-04-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I think about my big board, it seems I have about 30 guys that are top 10 talents, but very few that are top 5. Of course that makes sense because there has to be fewer guys for the fewer number of spots , but I only see 2 guys that are top 5 talents, Suh and Bradford. Bradford showed me a lot and provided he is healthy he can be the Rivers/P.Manning type of QB. He is deadly accurate with a good enough arm, good size, good enough mobility, he's a bookworm and he is extremely tough. Remember when he tried to play against Texas with everything to lose (further injury)and little to gain (OU already had one loss)? He played anyways, that's tough and that is why, if he checks out medically, he is one of my top 5.

I have plenty of complaints about Suh, the fact that he manhandles 300 lb blockers in college doesn't necessarily mean he will do so in the pros, but I think he can be a very good player just the fact that he is strong, does locate the ball extremely well, and can stand up to double teams. he is definitely not the explosive UT-type of player the Bucs need, but he can make the defense better.

The rest of my top 15 is full of guys that I'm not sure if they're top 5 or top 30. JPP and his one year of playing, Berry is a S, Bryant is a future headcase and a dummy, McCoy isn't as explosive as everybody claims hiim to be (Remember Glenn Dorsey?), etc.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not trade up and get a game changer up front and finally put somebody on thier front line that scares offenses

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would Berry @ 3rd pick b/c his versatility. Dude was a Str8 beast @ CB his 1st 2 years

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Why does everyone keep saying convert Berry to CB? To me he is a natural corner and played that position initially at UT. Even tho I'm a big Suh fan I think McCoy fits the Tampa system better. Aren't u suppose to draft guys that best fit ur system anyway?

Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I would Berry @ 3rd pick b/c his versatility. Dude was a Str8 beast @ CB his 1st 2 years
And even if this were so, the fact is that no team that ran the T-2 has ever drafted a CB inside of the top 20 (only 2 in round 1, Talib @#20 and Marlon Jackson a tht end of round 1), ever... because T-2 teams don't value DBs like they do DL. Barber #3, Kelly #2, D. Abraham #3, Dwight Smith #3, none of these guys were drafted even in round 1 and they all were great for us. Why? Because we had a great pass rush.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
And even if this were so, the fact is that no team that ran the T-2 has ever drafted a CB inside of the top 20 (only 2 in round 1, Talib @#20 and Marlon Jackson a tht end of round 1), ever... because T-2 teams don't value DBs like they do DL. Barber #3, Kelly #2, D. Abraham #3, Dwight Smith #3, none of these guys were drafted even in round 1 and they all were great for us. Why? Because we had a great pass rush.
If there is no great pass rushers available at 3 who do you take then?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
So are you saying that Eric Berry is not better than Talib and Jackson when they entered the draft?

Quote:
Old 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
So are you saying that Eric Berry is not better than Talib and Jackson when they entered the draft?
Of course he is BETTER coming in as a prospect, though both Talib and Jackson are better right now... what I am saying is that having a better pass rush is what the priority should and always has been for teams running the T-2.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If there is no great pass rushers available at 3 who do you take then?
I prefer to trade down. I honestly don't see McCoy as any better than Lamarr Houston anyways, we might be better off it the top 2 DTs are gone and we get Houston in round 2... or even Atkins.. both players have the elite physical skill sets that all of the great interior pass rushers have possessed (McCoy doesn't). We need a fast, agile, athletic, and active disruptor in the middle, I'm not so sure McCoy fits the bill so I'm fine if he is gone.

I would prefer a trade down first of all.

DE's available in the teens I like: Pierre-Paul, Brandon Graham, and Jerry Hughes

DTs available far later in round 1: Houston, Odrick, Price (I don't like his stick-figure lower body but I have him on par with McCoy).

But if no trade down is possible I've already stated I really like Donald Penn, but with his contract situation and his inability stop eating situation, Russell Okung would be a good choice. Flip either Penn or Okung to RT and let Trueblood pick up stupid penalties in the new AFL would be fine with me.

Other no trade down possibilities, Eric Berry. Berry proved me wrong and showed up bigger, not smaller, than expected at the combine. #3 is WAAAAY too early to pick a S, but picking mega-diva ultra-moron Dez Bryant would be awful.

Anyway, my first choice is to trade down, my second choices are Okung and Berry in that order. This is assuming Suh is not there, which he would be at the top of the list after trade-down.

For the record, I think my 1st round track record is way better than the Bucs' record over the last 6 seasons.

2009 my first choice was trade down and take DT Evander Hood
2008 my first choice was RB Rashard Mendenhall
2007 my first choice was LB Patrick Willis
2006 my first choice was WR Santanio Holmes
2005 my first choice was DE/LB Shawn Merriman
2004 my first choice was (DT Tommie Harris-taken) RB Steven Jackson
Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

I would have shat myself if we had drafted Lights Out and P-Dub.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I prefer to trade down. I honestly don't see McCoy as any better than Lamarr Houston anyways, we might be better off it the top 2 DTs are gone and we get Houston in round 2... or even Atkins.. both players have the elite physical skill sets that all of the great interior pass rushers have possessed (McCoy doesn't). We need a fast, agile, athletic, and active disruptor in the middle, I'm not so sure McCoy fits the bill so I'm fine if he is gone.

I would prefer a trade down first of all.

DE's available in the teens I like: Pierre-Paul, Brandon Graham, and Jerry Hughes

DTs available far later in round 1: Houston, Odrick, Price (I don't like his stick-figure lower body but I have him on par with McCoy).

But if no trade down is possible I've already stated I really like Donald Penn, but with his contract situation and his inability stop eating situation, Russell Okung would be a good choice. Flip either Penn or Okung to RT and let Trueblood pick up stupid penalties in the new AFL would be fine with me.

Other no trade down possibilities, Eric Berry. Berry proved me wrong and showed up bigger, not smaller, than expected at the combine. #3 is WAAAAY too early to pick a S, but picking mega-diva ultra-moron Dez Bryant would be awful.

Anyway, my first choice is to trade down, my second choices are Okung and Berry in that order. This is assuming Suh is not there, which he would be at the top of the list after trade-down.

For the record, I think my 1st round track record is way better than the Bucs' record over the last 6 seasons.

2009 my first choice was trade down and take DT Evander Hood
2008 my first choice was RB Rashard Mendenhall
2007 my first choice was LB Patrick Willis
2006 my first choice was WR Santanio Holmes
2005 my first choice was DE/LB Shawn Merriman
2004 my first choice was (DT Tommie Harris-taken) RB Steven Jackson
I stopped here.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote