Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does creatine work? Who here takes it? Should I take it?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
How does creatine work? Who here takes it? Should I take it?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html

Read and if you have any further questions, come back.

I do take creatine.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder how they'd work with a body bar (~20-36lbs?)...
Obviously not as well... but you can do a complex workout without any weights. The weights just make it more effective.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yeah, the complexes kicked my ass. I did two yesterday, Cosgrove Evil 8 and the other one with the 45lb plate (forget the name). I'm feeling it. Love it.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
So yeah, the complexes kicked my ass. I did two yesterday, Cosgrove Evil 8 and the other one with the 45lb plate (forget the name). I'm feeling it. Love it.
how was the plate one in comparison to the Cosgrove? The only problem I am having with the complexes is my lower back being kinda sore if I do the complex the day before deads or squats.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
how was the plate one in comparison to the Cosgrove? The only problem I am having with the complexes is my lower back being kinda sore if I do the complex the day before deads or squats.
Easier, imo. But that isn't saying much. I enjoyed both of them. I feel you on the lower back issue. Hopefully this goes away by tomorrow so I can go heavy squats.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Rippetoe's youtube vids have helped me with my form on my squats so much. Especially on the hip drive in the hammies. That guy knows lifting and does a good job perfecting form.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got some new running shoes bout to go run with them woop
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Mark Rippetoe's youtube vids have helped me with my form on my squats so much. Especially on the hip drive in the hammies. That guy knows lifting and does a good job perfecting form.
I need to work on my form for just about everything. My ego has taken over the last week or so and I've just been adding weight. Time to give my ego a hip check and back to the basics tomorrow. Unfortunately, not many people realize this or care about this and quarter squat twice as much as me then brag. ' Bro, you went down like an inch..'

Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I need to work on my form for just about everything. My ego has taken over the last week or so and I've just been adding weight. Time to give my ego a hip check and back to the basics tomorrow. Unfortunately, not many people realize this or care about this and quarter squat twice as much as me then brag. ' Bro, you went down like an inch..'
I try not to be one of those dbags who watch people lift in the gym and stuff, but when I see quarter squaters make me silently laugh to myself. Its so worthless.

Rippetoe's vids ( well a lot of people on there for that matter) on youtube are real sweet for improving your form. Its basically like getting advice from a professional trainer. His suggestions with people on there have helped me with the Olympic lifts with the exception of overhead squat. My god that is hard for a lanky mofo like myself to do haha.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so stupid to do more weight than you can handle. Do you really think that the 3 or 4 girls in the gym care what you're benching or squatting? It's super ***...they're just doing it to impress the other insecure dick measuring idiots in the gym.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Since we're on form, who goes to the chest when benching and doesn't do an extreme bounce? Nothing is worse to see out of the corner of my eye. And I see people doing Romanian deadlifts more than typical Deadlifts and not knowing it. Little bending of the knees and little drive from the hips.

It sucks because I know how to do proper form and what not and most of these guys that go to the gym just throw weights around. Pain to see so I go when the gym is the least crowded unless I absolutely have to go another time.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been doing circuit training of all body weight exercises as opposed to just lifting like I've done for a while and I'll tell you it is draining me. For years I generally just did upper body lifts with different muscle groups depending on day, lower body lift like once a week (on a good week...generally stopped lifting lower body once I stopped playing football), and running twice maybe three times a week. That was the general blueprint for my workouts since I got to college two and a half years ago; I would change up exercises and incorporate push ups, pull ups, and dips but not too much variation.

This circuit program has been kicking my ass, it is great because I feel like I'm getting more cut but I feel like I won't be able to lift as much. What I've been doing is a set of pull ups, set of dips, set of this push up variation when you lift one of your arms to the sky and alternate arms, a set of prison rows, a set of dumbell step ups, a set of reverse crunches, then a double set of pushups. I usually do 8 reps for each of the exercises besides the pushups which is a double set so 16. Some days I'll try to do as many sets as I can in 40 minutes, some days 30 minutes, or some days I'll shoot for a number of sets. I try to do this with little to no rest if possible, and it is tough. Especially on mondays after a big weekend, God you feel like you are going to puke and sometimes that goes until tuesday.

This is my third week doing it, the first week i went M-W-F and ran on tuesday/thursday. Last week went M-Tu-Th-F and ran Weds/Sat, and I'm going to try and do the same this week. It is tough, it drains you pretty hard. I'm going to try and start doing it twice a week and lift two other days with a short run on one of the lift days and a pretty good run on an off day.

Some days are a little harder than others though, especially if you have the irish flu or just had a big night in general the night before. That applies to all aspects of life though.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since we're on form, who goes to the chest when benching and doesn't do an extreme bounce? Nothing is worse to see out of the corner of my eye. And I see people doing Romanian deadlifts more than typical Deadlifts and not knowing it. Little bending of the knees and little drive from the hips.

It sucks because I know how to do proper form and what not and most of these guys that go to the gym just throw weights around. Pain to see so I go when the gym is the least crowded unless I absolutely have to go another time.
Yeah that bothers me. I have real long arms too, that makes benching more of a pain in the ass, and I always see little fat people with short arms bouncing it off their chests thinking they are hot ****. I'm tall and relatively lanky with long arms so I'm never going to be benching the most, it is a fact. The bouncing off the chest irks me for sure.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since we're on form, who goes to the chest when benching and doesn't do an extreme bounce?
Bench is the one exercise that I do have good form on and I know it, it really helps also and goes a long way to explain my disproportionately high bench numbers.

My Squat is horrible, My knee bend is just not great and as I don't want to put extra stress on my back I know I don't get deep enough. It shits me that I know exactly what I do wrong and just can't seem to get it right.

Deads I have never felt right when I do them, just never seem to be able to feel like I am using my legs on them despite my form not being awful. It's a pain because my legs are stupid powerful but I can't train them effectively due to technique issues.

Oh wells... between training and injuries I haven't hit the weights in a couple of months anyway... such a pain.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
It's so stupid to do more weight than you can handle. Do you really think that the 3 or 4 girls in the gym care what you're benching or squatting? It's super ***...they're just doing it to impress the other insecure dick measuring idiots in the gym.
But that's a high percentage of the guys at any given gym! That's a lot of people you could be impressing!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hit chest and don't bounce very much, if at all on bench. More upper abs than chest actually, I bring the bar nice and low.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nothing is worse to see out of the corner of my eye.
How about bringing the bar about a foot from your chest and going back up? I think that's even worse.

they get smoked.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the benefits of Negative Bench Press compared to Bench Press? because I've been thinking of starting to do negatives instead of regular bench press

Last edited by MiWolves : 03-10-2010 at 12:00 AM.
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWolves View Post
What are the benefits of Negative Bench Press compared to Bench Press? because I've been thinking of starting to do negatives instead of regular bench press
none....negatives dont do much at all. If your bench is stalling, change up rep schemes or do some DB work to replace BB bench for a while.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just god damned blasted my legs and back. Haven't had a pump that good in a long time. Going to be so sore. Starting my cut cycle soon, I think. More reps+less weight= me dead. Simple, but wow.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what back exercises did u do? I have been looking to mix things up a bit, I usually do rows and lat pull down. I have been doing good mornings recently and they are a great workout
Old 03-10-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do deadlifts, dumbbell rows, pulldowns, barbell row, and pullups depending on the day. Sorry, pretty boring for back. I tried Good Morning, but they KILL my lower back. They were a pretty good workout though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah they are killer on the lower back, but you gotta be careful with them or you could get hurt.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HIIT+Complexes=awesome. Great workout. I'm pretty beat now.