Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Add me to the hates turned based gameplay crowd, I can't stand games like that. If I'm going to play an RPG I prefer the fables, fallouts, and mass effects of the world.
This man speaks the truth.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They're definitely RPGs, they're just not JRPGs.
They're hybrids. FPS-RPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
This man speaks the truth.
He speak opinions. Just like mine of Fallout 3 is terrible :P

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
please do... still making up my mind on buying or not
Sure thing, I'll do my best.

After playing it for another night I can say that the combat seems way more fluent to me then past versions. So far Im hooked on this story line as well. Its not dragging in the least.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got past the first "boss" last night. Really good stuff. I'm hooked.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing the God of War collection lately. I'm like 4 hours into the first game. The experience on the PS3 is a bit uneven because, the cut scenes look freaking horrible. But the graphics are pretty sweet for the most part, when you're actually playing. Some things are better than others. The game is still as fun as ever, regardless. I'm just glad they made this thing, because I wasnt going to buy a new ps2 when mine fried up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be grabbing Heavy Rain tomorrow. Seemed to get a lot of love on this board and I really enjoyed the demo, so I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
please do... still making up my mind on buying or not
I have it for the 360, and while it starts off slow, about halfway through things really pick up for the better. If your on the fence, I'd say go for it. Im about 3/4s way through, maybe a little more, had a house not blown up in my town and the police shutting down the universities power I would of been a little further. But anyway, yeah its good. I like it so much better then 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Road to the Show mode is an f'n blast. I made a starting pitcher the other day and I'm already almost done with my 2nd season. I was drafted by Toronto. Spent my entire first season in Double A pitching for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. I'm a starting pitcher. 137 IP, 3.35 ERA, 9-7, 87 K, 18 B. I was a hard luck loser. Lots of blown leads by the bullpen.

Second year, I made 2 starts in AA, went 2-0 giving up 4 total runs and got moved up to Triple A, this time the Las Vegas 51's (Sweet name and jerseys, btw) I went 5-1 with a 2.19 ERA before I was traded to Cincinnati for Francisco Cordero and Ramon Hernandez. Toronto was only 3 games out, so apparently they wanted some help in the bullpen and behind the plate. Good to know I was worth that much, haha.

Anyways, I immediately became the #2 SP for the Louisville Bats and started pitching really well.

I love the way the pitches don't go exactly where you want them to go, even if you get a perfect pitch off of the meter. My guy had like 65 control on all his pitches, and if I got the meter right, it probably went where I wanted it to go around 65 percent of the time. Very realistic. Also, you can't throw really anything up in the zone except for a fastball, which is also realistic. Comparing that to the 2K series, if you get it perfect, it goes where you want, exactly on the corner, every time. That's not pitching.

Anyways, I ended the AAA season 14-2 with a 1.99 ERA and 1.09 WHIP. I had 136 K and 37 BB in 158 IP. I finally got called up as a September callup and just made my first start for the Reds against Colorado, who had traded for Manny Ramirez and were leading the NL West.

I threw a gem. 1 hit shutout. I couldn't believe how lucky I got. Lots of line drives right at guys. Brandon Phillips made at least 4 web gems. It was crazy.

So now, I am the hot rookie prospect for Cincy and will probably play it all day tomorrow once I get home from work. The game is sooooooooo addicting.

Here are my pitches

4 seam fastball 96 MPH
Slider 85 MPH
Sweeping curve 76 MPH
Splitter 85 MPH
2 seam fastball 90 MPH

I went for more velocity than control, so I got by in the minors pretty much purely on stuff, but now, I noticed most of the balls hit against me were a lot harder.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just made a speedy shortstop. Dude is sick 5'9" 185lbs. He is built like a tank. I just wanna steal home one time and blast the catcher. I really suck at hitting. I strike out a lot. Im gonna make a pitcher, it's more fun.

The controls are very annoying especially when you're running the bases. Takes some time getting used to, I was never a big The Show fan so Im still new to it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm thinking of finally getting Heavy Rain the week after next since that'll be Spring Break for me. Is it still fun for the people that have had it for a while?
Old 03-13-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I just made a speedy shortstop. Dude is sick 5'9" 185lbs. He is built like a tank. I just wanna steal home one time and blast the catcher. I really suck at hitting. I strike out a lot. Im gonna make a pitcher, it's more fun.

The controls are very annoying especially when you're running the bases. Takes some time getting used to, I was never a big The Show fan so Im still new to it.
I have last year's The Show and I made a 1st baseman. The trick is to get a hit in every game because once you break the all time consecutive hits streak you get something like 1000 points to improve your player.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just traded in a bunch of games and use a couple of gift cards at Gamestop & walked out with Uncharted (1) & God of War III.... however, i will not be playing either of them until I finish the 4 classes that I am taking in order to get a raise.

I figure that it will be both torturous & quite motivating...
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

CCSD has been playing it for a while, he can probably give you a good answer.

Anyone playing God of War 3 now? I'm still playing the collection and still waiting for a tax return check to come before I'll pick it up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
CCSD has been playing it for a while, he can probably give you a good answer.

Anyone playing God of War 3 now? I'm still playing the collection and still waiting for a tax return check to come before I'll pick it up.
Played the demo, pretty cool, but I just bought Heavy Rain and The Show recently, so I can't really justify buying another game for a while. I guess I'll just put it on my gamefly queue and wait patiently.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Played the demo, pretty cool, but I just bought Heavy Rain and The Show recently, so I can't really justify buying another game for a while. I guess I'll just put it on my gamefly queue and wait patiently.
Nice. If you want to play The Show let me know! If it's not too laggy it can be pretty fun. I'm actually fairly good online. Not so much at hitting, but I can pitch really well.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
since people are probably a good ways in (or done, i guess)... any final thoughts on ff?
The farther I get into the game, the more Im loving it. The battle system has you get farther into the game get more and more impressive, more complex.

The farther I get into it, I notice its a lot different then the last FF games. Yes, this game is linear, but not to where is not challenging. Im probably only about %35 into the game, a lot of reviews say the game frees up considerably about mid way.

The graphics and cinematics are gorgeous, top notch. The attention to detail is incredible. Im totally engrossed in the storyline.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I hear you. I may even decide just to buy the Show and put God of War off for a little bit, I'm not sure yet. I really want to play the road to the show mode or whatever it's called.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-19-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like buying a new game, but dont know which game tio buy....

I currently own MW2, and Madden 10

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone will tell you to buy something different. You got GOW 3, Heavy Rain, NBA 2k10, TheShow 10. All good choices imo. What kind of game are you looking for?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-19-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Those are all great choices, I'd add...

God of War Collection, Uncharted 1 + 2, Resistance 1 + 2, inFAMOUS, Bioshock 1 + 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Assassins Creed 1 + 2, GTA4.

lol. Take your pick. There are tons of great games to get out there. Uncharted is a great place to start for any PS3 owner.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-19-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you like baseball get MLB The Show, it's my favorite PS3 title atm.

Other great sports titles, NHL 10, Fifa 10, NBA 2k10 (DON'T get NBA Live) UFC 2009 is good, so is the new fight night if you are a boxing fan.

The Uncharted series are amazing games, so is Assassins Creed 2. I haven't played the full game yet but God of War 3 demo is sick, and if you like action adventure games you will want to give that a looksy.

Heavy Rain is another game that comes with high recommendation from me, it doesn't have the replayability of other titles, but it is a ground breaking game that totally immerses you in its world. I advise doing a little research on this one before you buy it though. It's basically a playable movie.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Heavy Rain is a perfect game to rent. That's what I'll suggest.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-19-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I havent played Heavy Rain since I beat it, but I've been getting the itch to play again. For me at least, it wasnt the type of game I was ready to re-play as soon as I finished, but I'll def. get a lot of play out of it. It's a great game to share with friends as well if, you're a patient enough person to watch someon else play a game. Which I am so, it's cool. I'm going to have my best friend play also and just see what direction he takes the story. Or you can play it so and so times over and discover all the possible outcomes for yourself. Whatever. I love it. I cant wait for Quantic Dream's next game and I'm hoping this type of playable movie game becomes a growing genre in gaming.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I got so much catching up to do. I want to beat FF 13 before I start GOW 3. After that I want check out Heavy Rain.

Anyone here check out Dante's Inferno? I hear the knock on its that its to similar to GOW, but I was wondering if anyone here played it a decent amount of time.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I played the Dante's Inferno demo...it is a blatant GOW rip off. Not as quality but, it wasnt that bad. I liked it a lot better than the Dark Siders demo, which I found to be boring. I wouldnt pay full price for Dante's Inferno but, i'd pick it up when it cheapens. Pretty much the same conclusion I came to when I played the Brutal Legend demo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS