Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Bogut is a beast, he's certainly got my attention, so do the Bucks in general. The future is bright for them, love the team they have right now and their starting to click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Andrew Bogut is a beast, he's certainly got my attention, so do the Bucks in general. The future is bright for them, love the team they have right now and their starting to click.
I'm with you man. Jennings pisses me off every now and then but, that team is really gelling as a whole. John Salmons pick up for the win! They've been damn near unbeatble since trading for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron to the Clippers!:)

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
LeBron to the Clippers!:)
LOL Plaschke needs to put down the drugs and just walk away.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
LOL Plaschke needs to put down the drugs and just walk away.
Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
LeBron James
Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman

Mmmmm.

Los Angeles has the market, the arena, the coach and GM felxibility, the surrounding cast (if Griffin is healthy), and imagine the hype of a LAC-LAL game. I might be able to watch my Clippers on TV every now and then.

I can dream.

LeBron's town or Kobe's town?

Old 03-10-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
LeBron James
Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman

Mmmmm.
Sorry buddy but its still not happening He is more likely to go to the Scottyboy's Nets before he goes to the Clippers

you can get Rudy *** or something but no Lebron
Old 03-10-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry buddy but its still not happening He is more likely to go to the Scottyboy's Nets before he goes to the Clippers

you can get Rudy *** or something but no Lebron
Is this just because or you just believe in the Clippers Curse?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Is this just because or you just believe in the Clippers Curse?
It has nothing to do with the Knicks at all if that's what you meant by the first part. Ya the curse comes in to play but I just cant see a mega star like Lebron signing with the Clips.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the Knicks at all if that's what you meant by the first part. Ya the curse comes in to play but I just cant see a mega star like Lebron signing with the Clips.
So it is a gut feeling? If Lebron wanted to win a championship his best spot would be the Clips. He gets a large market, although I doubt that it really matters to him because he is larger than any city, and he gets to steal market share from his main rival.

I wanted some reason you believed it to be true not just laugh it off as 'never happening'.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
So it is a gut feeling? If Lebron wanted to win a championship his best spot would be the Clips. He gets a large market, although I doubt that it really matters to him because he is larger than any city, and he gets to steal market share from his main rival.

I wanted some reason you believed it to be true not just laugh it off as 'never happening'.
Well I cant speak for Lebron So I can only give my own opinion.

If Lebron wanted to win a championship how is the Clippers the best spot who is sterling a cheap owner going to spend for them to bring off the bench for this team can you name 1 good player on the clippers out side of the guys TJ mentioned. You really think that if Lebron would sign with them that he would want to come alone I doubt it.

Lebron can be the Main guy in a big Market in NY/Brooklyn(NJ) area so why would LA be more appealing when Kobe is in LA. You said it yourself you doubt Market matters so why would the Clippers be appealing if the LA market is a selling point for him?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's strictly about winning, then the Clippers can form the best team around Lebron with what they have right now. Lebron, Kaman and Griffin would be a pretty sick front line. And let's not forget that Baron Davis can still.. sometimes.. play.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

The Clippers can offer as much as anyone and have a better surrounding cast than anyone who would be in the market. Nets? Knicks? Even the Cavs?

I hate how everyone is bringing up the Clippers losing history as a turning point for LeBron's decision. What does it have to do with the future? Especially with a future with LeBron? He makes any team he goes to that much better. Where would Cleveland be without LeBron? In the same position they were before they got him. They have a bunch of role players and then LeBron. I may be a little homer on LeBron coming to the Clippers but it makes sense to me. Maybe because I'm convincing myself it does, but nonetheless. You have the talent to win now. The surrounding cast to grow with for the future (Griffin/Gordon). I wouldn't be concerned with Sterling being a cheap owner if they offer LeBron a max contract.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knowing the Clippers luck (or unluckiness in this case) LeBron James will sign with them and then get a career ending injury before ever playing a game.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Clippers can offer as much as anyone and have a better surrounding cast than anyone who would be in the market. Nets? Knicks? Even the Cavs?

I hate how everyone is bringing up the Clippers losing history as a turning point for LeBron's decision. What does it have to do with the future? Especially with a future with LeBron? He makes any team he goes to that much better. Where would Cleveland be without LeBron? In the same position they were before they got him. They have a bunch of role players and then LeBron. I may be a little homer on LeBron coming to the Clippers but it makes sense to me. Maybe because I'm convincing myself it does, but nonetheless. You have the talent to win now. The surrounding cast to grow with for the future (Griffin/Gordon). I wouldn't be concerned with Sterling being a cheap owner if they offer LeBron a max contract.
I think the Nets core is as good as the Clippers and if he was looking at just cores not other things and factors strictly basketball.

Last I checked and no disrespect but Blake Griffin has played a grand total of 0 NBA games for all you know he could be a bust cause he has showed nothing so far.

Baron Davis is blehhh if I am Lebron I rather play with John Wall or Devin Harris.

Also Brook Lopez is a better center at least imo. I would rather have Lopez who is younger then Kaman.

The only thing you really have over the Nets is Gordon.

The Clippers have no one else really besides those 4 players and 1 of them has yet to play a minute
Old 03-10-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Knowing the Clippers luck (or unluckiness in this case) LeBron James will sign with them and then get a career ending injury before ever playing a game.
Or he could disprove the theory and win a championship then claim LA his town.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And we'll have have 2 very nice expiring contracts to trade after this season. If we can land a SG or PF I'd be thrilled.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I think the Nets core is as good as the Clippers and if he was looking at just cores not other things and factors strictly basketball.

Last I checked and no disrespect but Blake Griffin has played a grand total of 0 NBA games for all you know he could be a bust cause he has showed nothing so far.

Baron Davis is blehhh if I am Lebron I rather play with John Wall or Devin Harris.

Also Brook Lopez is a better center at least imo. I would rather have Lopez who is younger then Kaman.

The only thing you really have over the Nets is Gordon.

The Clippers have no one else really besides those 4 players and 1 of them has yet to play a minute
The Clippers would have a perfect mix of vets and youth. Do you really think Devin Harris and Bropez have a better shot to win now and later than the Clippers surrounding cast? I think the two team's records disproves that theory.

And if I'm Lebron, I like the idea of playing with Blake Griffin than John Wall. An outlet down low or another guy that wants the ball in his hands at all times?

The Clippers core also has playoff experience over the Nets core as little as it may be. (I'm including Kaman and Davis for the time being.)

And strictly looking at basketball, LeBron could very well pick his coach and maybe even GM. I'm not sure where that ranks on his list of priorities but I'm sure it would be comforting to know.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron to the Clippers!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Lebron to the Clippers!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And if I'm Lebron, I like the idea of playing with Blake Griffin than John Wall. An outlet down low or another guy that wants the ball in his hands at all times?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Clippers would have a perfect mix of vets and youth. Do you really think Devin Harris and Bropez have a better shot to win now and later than the Clippers surrounding cast? I think the two team's records disproves that theory.

The Clippers core also has playoff experience over the Nets core as little as it may be. (I'm including Kaman and Davis for the time being.)

And strictly looking at basketball, LeBron could very well pick his coach and maybe even GM. I'm not sure where that ranks on his list of priorities but I'm sure it would be comforting to know.
Lebron can pick his Coach in NJ cause Kiki wont be the coach next yr that doesn't make any difference.

You said it yourself that Lebron would improve any team he goes to why would he only improve the Clippers why wouldn't any other team he signed with improve I think the Nets would improve and win more with Lebron in the east then the Clippers would in the west. Records this year doesnt make the nets any less talented your Clippers have had teams full of talent for years and sucked.

So Lebron is going to choose to not play with John Wall but would play with Baron Davis Lol
Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LeBron is the best player in the league (not counting Kobe), you think he has any trouble controlling a rookie like John Wall? Even a guy like Artest who is a veteran, is kept under control by Kobe.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lebron can pick his Coach in NJ cause Kiki wont be the coach next yr that doesn't make any difference.

You said it yourself that Lebron would improve any team he goes to why would he only improve the Clippers why wouldn't any other team he signed with improve I think the Nets would improve and win more with Lebron in the east then the Clippers would in the west. Records this year doesnt make the nets any less talented your Clippers have had teams full of talent for years and sucked.

So Lebron is going to choose to not play with John Wall but would play with Baron Davis Lol
I agree, the core of Harris-Bron-Lopez-Top 4 pick is more than capable enough of being a top contender in the east. Plus, we can't underestimate the importance of Bron's relationship with Jay Z.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I agree, the core of Harris-Bron-Lopez-Top 4 pick is more than capable enough of being a top contender in the east. Plus, we can't underestimate the importance of Bron's relationship with Jay Z.
Jay-Z is a double agent he works for the Knicks why else is it you see him at more Knicks games then Nets
Old 03-10-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Jay-Z is a double agent he works for the Knicks why else is it you see him at more Knicks games then Nets
Because New Jersey sucks?