Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-11-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Actually you are wrong. You do gain service time in September. You just don't lose an option because once you get called up in September you stay on the team until the end of season or playoffs.
Posey could not because he was not eligible for playoff.

Posey had to be on 25 man roster to gain service time. He was not on 25 man roster at all. His service time remains zero but his statistic is still intact.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Posey could not because he was not eligible for playoff.

Posey had to be on 25 man roster to gain service time. He was not on 25 man roster at all. His service time remains zero but his statistic is still intact.
He wasn't eligible for the playoffs, but you can bend those rules and I'm sure they could have snuck him on had they made it. But he was on the active roster all of September and did gain service time. He has .033 service time for being on the active roster 33 days.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wasn't eligible for the playoffs, but you can bend those rules and I'm sure they could have snuck him on had they made it. But he was on the active roster all of September and did gain service time. He has .033 service time for being on the active roster 33 days.
Does it mean he only needs 12 days this season to remove himself from rookie? I am not sure about that. He will have to stay on 25 man roster for 45 days this season to remove himself from rookie.

I could not find a good information about service time via google. If you have one, can you give me, please. thanks.

Only way for Posey to be on postseason roster is either catcher on 25 man roster is put on 60 day DL since NL roster is not as flexible as AL roster.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does it mean he only needs 12 days this season to remove himself from rookie? I am not sure about that. He will have to stay on 25 man roster for 45 days this season to remove himself from rookie.

I could not find a good information about service time via google. If you have one, can you give me, please. thanks.

Only way for Posey to be on postseason roster is either catcher on 25 man roster is put on 60 day DL since NL roster is not as flexible as AL roster.
That is true about the postseason roster although I think they only have to put a catcher on the 15 day DL. Either way at that point of the season, the DL stint would end said catcher's season. Yankees certainly have fudged the DL rules before so they could have made something up.

I don't know the rookie rules. I think if he spends any time on the major league roster this year he wouldn't be rookie in 2011. Either way he's still a rookie this year and should see plenty of time in the majors.

As for service time, you gain it for every day you are on the major league roster. Whether thats on the 25 man before September 1 or the expanded rosters after September 1. Although when you reach a certain number of days (I think 172) it counts for a whole year and you stop gaining for that season despite there being 10 or so more days in the season.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is true about the postseason roster although I think they only have to put a catcher on the 15 day DL. Either way at that point of the season, the DL stint would end said catcher's season. Yankees certainly have fudged the DL rules before so they could have made something up.

I don't know the rookie rules. I think if he spends any time on the major league roster this year he wouldn't be rookie in 2011. Either way he's still a rookie this year and should see plenty of time in the majors.

As for service time, you gain it for every day you are on the major league roster. Whether thats on the 25 man before September 1 or the expanded rosters after September 1. Although when you reach a certain number of days (I think 172) it counts for a whole year and you stop gaining for that season despite there being 10 or so more days in the season.

Yankees did that because they had Nady on 60 day DL. Yankees simply got OF speedster to take Nady's spot to be a bench player. OF replacing OF is all legal. lol.

Still dont get it about using service time to determine whether a prospect is still a rookie. Service time is much like a statistic. You cant hide them until a player becomes a veteran. Determining a rookie status is more of for eyes only crap. you know what I mean.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha.

FYI guys, Posey was called up at the beginning of August.

And just to show how dumb Giants management is, Sabean was pissed at Molina for not playing through an injury. So he called up Posey to motivate Molina. And if that isn't stupid enough, Botchey, being a former backup catcher, felt that was disrespectful to Molina, so he refused to play Posey. He went so far as to continue to bench Posey even after the other catcher Eli Whiteside caught all 14 innings the night before and he ran Whiteside out there the next morning. Botchey's reasoning was "to keep him fresh."

But you're right Yotojets, Botchey is a good manager.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Jose Reyes is out 2-8 weeks. FML.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

:( 10 char

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yup one year with injuries makes that true. Johnson is hurt every year.
And so it begins....
Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Also, I usually defend Omar but even I can't do it this time. In a conference call he was happy with himself and "this is why we re-signed Alex Cora." Yeah because having Alex Cora as our starting SS for 2 months is going to be f'ing great. Cora and Castillo defense up the middle makes me puke. We was actually friggen happy that we have Cora in there now, I just don't get it. Ugggghhhhh. I was still excited for Opening Day without Beltran but now Reyes is gone. **** this ****.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-11-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And so it begins....
Reyes is the new Baldelli.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Also, I usually defend Omar but even I can't do it this time. In a conference call he was happy with himself and "this is why we re-signed Alex Cora." Yeah because having Alex Cora as our starting SS for 2 months is going to be f'ing great. Cora and Castillo defense up the middle makes me puke. We was actually friggen happy that we have Cora in there now, I just don't get it. Ugggghhhhh. I was still excited for Opening Day without Beltran but now Reyes is gone. **** this ****.
Red Sox nation may still take you as a fan.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Except Baldelli never was as good as Reyes and not Top 5 at his position.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Red Sox nation may still take you as a fan.
I actually stick with my team through this garbage. Sh*tty or not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-11-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Jerry Manuel is trying to do everything in his power to destroy Jennry Mejia by making him a reliever. Jesus Christ, what an awful organization.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello everyone, meet my new 2010 MLB Draft Prospect crush:

SS Manny Machado

That's all, bye now!

Last edited by ccB : 03-11-2010 at 01:54 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Haha.

FYI guys, Posey was called up at the beginning of August.

And just to show how dumb Giants management is, Sabean was pissed at Molina for not playing through an injury. So he called up Posey to motivate Molina. And if that isn't stupid enough, Botchey, being a former backup catcher, felt that was disrespectful to Molina, so he refused to play Posey. He went so far as to continue to bench Posey even after the other catcher Eli Whiteside caught all 14 innings the night before and he ran Whiteside out there the next morning. Botchey's reasoning was "to keep him fresh."

But you're right Yotojets, Botchey is a good manager.
He was called up on September 2nd.

If you want to blame someone about Posey then it is Sebean, not Brochy. It is all right to whine about Brochy being "Yes, sir" robot but insulting Brochy for not playing Posey is carelessly stupid.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
And Jerry Manuel is trying to do everything in his power to destroy Jennry Mejia by making him a reliever. Jesus Christ, what an awful organization.
What is it with you people? Bitching about prospects in the process that you disapproved of?

Posey is not a starter on opener's day when Wieter just joined with Orioles in the midst of 2009 season on the 2nd year removed from college season. Posey will be around this season but it is just as a matter of time.

Mejia's stuff is ready but his presence under duress is not ready. Having him in bullpen makes sense. Mets want to win so Mejia in the bullpen does help. If Mets do not want to win then Mejia wont be even in majors as he probably will pitch in double A and then triple A to log some innings.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is it with you people? Bitching about prospects in the process that you disapproved of?

Posey is not a starter on opener's day when Wieter just joined with Orioles in the midst of 2009 season on the 2nd year removed from college season. Posey will be around this season but it is just as a matter of time.

Mejia's stuff is ready but his presence under duress is not ready. Having him in bullpen makes sense. Mets want to win so Mejia in the bullpen does help. If Mets do not want to win then Mejia wont be even in majors as he probably will pitch in double A and then triple A to log some innings.

If the Mets don't want to win? What the **** are you talking about?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Having intelligence about prospects isn't too difficult.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mejia should not be on the opening day roster. He needs to develop as a starter so having him pitch in the bullpen makes no sense. He has 200 IP in the minors and his secondary stuff is not full developed yet. You're killing his development by having him in the bullpen. You don't take a kid with the upside of a #1/2 and let him dangle in a major league bullpen when he's not ready.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-11-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Having intelligence about prospects isn't too difficult.

but handling prospect is.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Mejia should not be on the opening day roster. He needs to develop as a starter so having him pitch in the bullpen makes no sense. He has 200 IP in the minors and his secondary stuff is not full developed yet. You're killing his development by having him in the bullpen. You don't take a kid with the upside of a #1/2 and let him dangle in a major league bullpen when he's not ready.
The opening day roster is not set until April so it is immature to make an accusation even though Manuel hinted he may use him for setup role. Mets have to find a reliever to prevent that happen. kiko? lol.