Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Edward Norton ever done anything in which he wasn't absolutely fantastic?
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
The Italian Job

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll blame this on the fact that Gary Gray really sucks.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pride and Glory, Red Dragon, The Score, Keeping the Faith, The Italian Job...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys see Rounders with Damon and Norton?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Pride and Glory, Red Dragon, The Score, Keeping the Faith, The Italian Job...
I didn't remember Red Dragon. Guess I've mainly seen the good ones.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead by Dawn is on IFC and Bruce Campbell is making people awesome everywhere.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

You know, I could use your help in that off-topic thread where I'm facing all the bullies alone.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Any of you guys see Rounders with Damon and Norton?
Rounders 2 comes out soon. Rounders is a good movie.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dead by Dawn is on IFC and Bruce Campbell is making people awesome everywhere.
I'm seeing Evil Dead: The Musical next week.
Going to be pretty great.

Also just did my Bruce Campbell monologue in class this week.

I love Evil Dead.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Just came back from it and it was complete and utter averageness. The story line was interesting and kept you into it but the action scenes weren't all that good and I thought the ending was kinda weak, though it did wrap everything up I would have like to have seen it done differently.

It was watchable but it was just didn't pull you in like the Bourne movies.

6/10
I will agree about that ending. It wasnt the best of endings out there and I think they could have made it better. The fight scene was just like the Bourne fight scenes although Matt Damon didnt kick his ass with a book, a towel, or any random thing he could find.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 bruce campbell
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Rounders 2 comes out soon. Rounders is a good movie.
Really? I really liked Malkovich's character, the final scene with him is awesome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I'm seeing Evil Dead: The Musical next week.
Going to be pretty great.

Also just did my Bruce Campbell monologue in class this week.

I love Evil Dead.
Why didn't you invite me?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-12-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Really? I really liked Malkovich's character, the final scene with him is awesome.
Imdb has it posted that its in development so I dont know when it will come out. I like one scene near the beginning when Damon walks in on one of the lawyers playing poker with his friends and he calls what he thinks all of the other guys have.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Why didn't you invite me?
Well if you came, then Job would come, and if Job came he'd be hounding me to meet Tim Connolly, and then Tim is gonna want to pee on some *****, and it's all just too much.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well if you came, then Job would come, and if Job came he'd be hounding me to meet Tim Connolly, and then Tim is gonna want to pee on some *****, and it's all just too much.
Brodeur definitely likes the thought of you all cumming together, that's for sure.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I keep Job in check okay Supes, Superrr, Supa-reen-o, Soupie Sales.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-12-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I keep Job in check okay Supes, Superrr, Supa-reen-o, Soupie Sales.
Well then all are welcome! Splatter zone!

And I prefer Su-Sussupio.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope!

His best movie?........Primal Fear.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did I hear Tim Connolly?
Old 03-13-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw "She's Out of My League" tonight and it was actually a decent movie. Surprised me a lot. Nothing ground-breaking of course but nicely put together.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Nope!

His best movie?........Primal Fear.
He was brilliant in Primal Fear. I just re-watched that the other day.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:54 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Dragon was awesome, and Norton was fantastic in it. wtf
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Did BigBanger really say Sergio Leone, John Wayne, and Clint Eastwood sucked?
I despise John Wayne. That's all that really needs to be said.

It appears that Leone makes the same, boring three hour movie. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is not an awful movie and if it was reasonably cut down to about an 1 hr. and 50 min. then it would probably be quite good. It also has some awful sound, which seems to be the case with most of his movies... ya know, the whole mouthing moving but no words come out type of deal. I also find Eastwood to be pretty worthless in that who trilogy. He comes walking in out of the blue, all nonchalant-like, shoots someone or someone's hat off, squints into the sun, tongues his cigar, looks down at his boots, adjusts his hat and then grumbles some "cool" one-liner thats supposed to impress me. Well, it didn't. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly does have a very good score (Even if it was used better in a commercial with LT and Troy P). Some very nice directing at times, awful in others. Then I find out he made two movies before that have Eastwood in them and they're exactly the same. I still have not seen Once Upon a Time in America, although I did see the first hour. It seemed to be picking up the pace and getting to the point by the time I turned it off, but I didn't have three hours to watch it.

Eastwood does not suck. He sucked in Gran Torino. He has sucked in many movies. He's made a lot of very average movies as well.

But, he has made these three movies:

1. Million Dollar Baby, 2004
2. Mystic River, 2003
3. Unforgiven, 1992

The first two are masterpieces and two of my favorite movies (I know, I'm sure everyone hates Million Dollar Baby). Unforgiven is the first western I've ever seen that I thought was above average (I have not seen many westerns, but I've tried to watch as many Leone films as I could. I've seen a lot of John Wayne movies, but I honestly can't tell if I've seen one of his movies or ten, because they're all same and he's exactly the same in them, so who knows?).

Unforgiven is a near masterpiece with one of my favorite endings. Eastwoods best performance as well (By far, a truly great performance). Gene Hackman kinda gets overlooked for his generation of actors, but this also has one of his better performances.

On an unrelated note:

Not sure how I feel about this. I do know that the last scene is about as perfect an ending as I've ever seen. The look in Catherine Keener's eyes is what acting is all about. She has, maybe, four minutes of screen time, but that one scene alone should have gotten her a nomination. That child actor was also brilliant. Rarely do you see a kid that young have to carry a movie. I'd compare it to Christian Bale's performance in Empire of the Sun. The kid was simply phenomenal. I thought the movie dragged a little bit though. I'll have to watch it again. I had extremely high expectations and I was let down. Some very nice symbolism though, and, like I said, the last five minutes is simply perfection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote