Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
I think the only team that can complain is Va Tech. I mean Utah State got an at large bid with 1 quality win and playing in the WAC. Seriously?
Yea, I think VT got screwed. Miss. St. as well to an extent, but I think VT really should have made it.

Although, it's really pissing off Dick Vitale, so I can't be completely against it...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yup. They really should have been much better.

Also, apparently Illinois going to 2OT in the semis and Minny getting destroyed in the final negates the whole season up to that.

Minnesota easily won during their only meeting, yea, but Illinois took OSU to 2OT and Minnesota got crushed!!!
But once again, Minnesota lost to Michigan by 30. I would have kept them out for that alone.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
But once again, Minnesota lost to Michigan by 30. I would have kept them out for that alone.
Hmm true.

I just think that anyone who thinks Illinois should be over Minnesota is dumb.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-14-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
The same thing will happen next year. You guys own us for whatever reason.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the Buckeyes have the hardest road to the Championship
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care who they beat early in the season, the Wake Forest team that is playing today should be no where near the tournament. They could easily be one and done. They are not a good team. VA tech is way better than them. Stronger guard play, and better defense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post

That bracket seems pretty top heavy. The top 3 seeds are great, but other than that I don't think it's that good. I'm not feelin Michigan State or Tennessee. Maybe Maryland as a sleeper.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The same thing will happen next year. You guys own us for whatever reason.
Michigan is going to blow next season, Manny fresh is gone I doubt he wants anything to do with another year with Beilein regardless of how meager his draft stock is. Not to mention theres not a single big man who has ever played a single meaningful minute on the roster.

They need Trey Zeigler to not only commit, but instantly take over the team as the top offensive threat.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
The midwest region is brutal. I don't understand how Kansas could get screwed like that.

Also, do they only take region into account for the 1 seeds, or is it also for 2,3, and 4 seeds?

I figured the seeding would go #1 1-seed in the same region as the #4 2-seed. That would make sense to me, but is probably wrong. But I don't see how OSU could be the #4 2-seed, so it has to be because they were given the midwest region for geographical reasons.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-14-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Dick Vitale is going to murder someone.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Osu was the number 2 number 2 behind WVU. I dont get why Cuse didnt get the number 3 number 1 seed. People love Duke like none other.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke has one of the easiest brackets I've ever seen.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I thought Osu was the number 2 number 2 behind WVU. I dont get why Cuse didnt get the number 3 number 1 seed. People love Duke like none other.
They might be. I don't know how seeding after the 1s goes, but I figured it would make sense that the top 1 seed would get the worst 2 seed? Or maybe they get the worst 4 seed since they would play them first. Idk, but the midwest sucks for all teams involved. That's gonna be fun to fill out a bracket for.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-14-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Duke has one of the easiest brackets I've ever seen.
They'll find a way to **** it up.

Jay Bilas and Vitale are both really pissed off and it's amusing to watch.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now, I have Ohio State-Kentucky in the NC.

Last edited by Hines : 03-14-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
As of right now, I have Ohio State-Kansas in the NC.
Impressive when they are in the same region.

OSU-Kentucky?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-14-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

Then you're doing it wrong.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have Oakland-Siena. Just wait for the mega upsets. I can't wait for Ohio State to switch regions mid tournament though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I don't care if he throws chairs or chokes players, Bob Knight is awesome.

Plus, the people he did those things to probably really deserved it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Impressive when they are in the same region.

OSU-Kentucky?
That is what I meant. My fault.
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

what was up with the dude grabbing his dick?
Quote:
Old 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got two 12 seeds in my sweet sixteen so far.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Another thing I don't get, why is Duke facing the play in winner?

Wouldn't having to play in for a spot mean that you are the worst seed, and therefore should have to play the top seed? Why doesn't the top 1 seed get to face the play in winner.

Furthermore, the play in game should really be between bubble teams and not automatic qualifiers. I know most bubble teams are probably better, but they didn't qualify automatically. You shouldn't have to play in if you automatically qualified.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Another thing I don't get, why is Duke facing the play in winner?

Wouldn't having to play in for a spot mean that you are the worst seed, and therefore should have to play the top seed? Why doesn't the top 1 seed get to face the play in winner.

Furthermore, the play in game should really be between bubble teams and not automatic qualifiers. I know most bubble teams are probably better, but they didn't qualify automatically. You shouldn't have to play in if you automatically qualified.

Completely agree. They already played their way into the tournament they shouldn't have to do it again.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Completely agree. They already played their way into the tournament they shouldn't have to do it again.
Exactly.

Plus, if you are going to essentially say that the play in winner isn't going to be the worst seed (which is pretty much what they are saying since the winner doesn't face Kansas), a play in game of like Illinois-VT for a 13 seed or something would be awesomely more entertaining.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver