Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your thoughts on Gibril Wilson?

I know he is a restricted free agent, and the Giants tendered him at 1.3 million (2nd round tender). Is he worth a 2nd round pick for a team in need of a safety? Is he better at SS or FS? Does he have room for improvement? He is still fairly young. Are the Giants trying to lock him up long-term?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I know he is a restricted free agent, and the Giants tendered him at 1.3 million (2nd round tender). Is he worth a 2nd round pick for a team in need of a safety? Is he better at SS or FS? Does he have room for improvement? He is still fairly young. Are the Giants trying to lock him up long-term?
He is not a FS if that is what you are looking for. He can't cover that well unless he has some good DBs around him to work with. The one thing he does excpetionally well is make plays, whether it be forced fumbles, recovered fumbles, INTs....you get the point. Not the best tackler in the world but he isn't below average or anything, just leaves something to be desired. I would say he is worth a 2nd rounder and if he were to get scooped up by someone, I would not feel that we really gained or lost anything because we would be losing a playmaker on a defense that lacks guys that can make plays but it would give us an extra pick that we need and it would allow us to move Demps to SS, his more natural position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we could get a 2nd round pick for him i would say let him go- he had a great rookie campaign but is not a play maker and doesnt come in the clutch- last year i specifically remembered a ball going right through his hands vs dallas i believe which led to a td- players cant miss those opportunities- that would allow us to get a weddle or even a merriweather type or have more picks to trade if we wanted to- anything less than a 2nd round pick i would say no to

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's an average SS. Nothing more, nothing less.

With the safety talent in this draft, SD would be foolish to go after Wilson. Theres at least 5 safeties in this draft better than Wilson.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's young and experienced, a rare combination. I think we are looking to lock him up long term. I also think it would be wise for us to move him to FS.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the input guys. He is an interesting player. I don't expect the Chargers to go after him, but he seems to be the only touchable safety out there who is a quality player, and he is from the west coast originally, so it was something I was thinking about.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Thanks for the input guys. He is an interesting player. I don't expect the Chargers to go after him, but he seems to be the only touchable safety out there who is a quality player, and he is from the west coast originally, so it was something I was thinking about.
Gibril Wilson for Mike Turner straight up.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Gibril Wilson for Mike Turner straight up.

I'll pass it along to AJ.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ricky bobby that would be awful. turner isnt proven as a starter and that would just hurt BJ more. gibril is a good young safety. everyone has given up on him. he made plays for us but got exposed becuz he had no help or speed around him. one DB cant do it all himself. he's fine, demps and lack of speed at CB are the problems
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

gibril is so under rated. he sent shaun williams packign to the panthers.
hugepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gibril is a go safety in this league, I'd say average-slightly above, but if someone wants to give us a second for him, be my guest. I'd rather have the second to work with and even package those picks for an impact player at the top of the draft. Two second rounders have very good value.
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue58KiperIII View Post
Gibril is a go safety in this league, I'd say average-slightly above, but if someone wants to give us a second for him, be my guest. I'd rather have the second to work with and even package those picks for an impact player at the top of the draft. Two second rounders have very good value.
i could not agree more- wilson is a good young player but simply does not make plays in the secondary
if we were to get another 2nd rounder we could get a guy like Weddle or even slight possibly merriweather

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doesnt make plays? how could he? people just throw at demps and madison. watch some old games and focus on gibril, he made some nice plays and knock downs, but many teams threw away from him. he is a great character guy as well. get some speed around him and see what happens(also spags is great with safeties, see dawkins and vincent)
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Slasher28
Rookie

Slasher28 needs more cowbell.

I'd give up Gibril only if we got Meriwether

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope
Slasher28 is offline   Reply With Quote