Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-30-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

As normally I would say no to him as well. He has never had a decent QB to throw him the ball and he still has wheels to get deep. Not to mention he is from the U. Those guys all get a little better playing in Baltimore.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My moRavens mock would go like this......

Rd 1 = Demaryius Thomas WR GA TECH

Demaryius Thomas has all the potential in the world, and the physical abilities to go with it. Still a raw WR prospect but with Quan and Mason back to take the starting jobs DT will be allowed to mature.

Rd 2 = Lamarr Houston DL TEXAS

The Ravens need to get younger along the DL and we also need to add depth. Houston fills both those needs and may just steal a starting job along that DL in year 1.

Rd 3 (comp pick) = Ed Dickson TE OREGON

This is my favorite TE in the draft right here, and I think he would be a huge steal in rd3.

Rd 5a = Ed Wang OL VA TECH

Provides solid depth at OT, and can play inside as well.

Rd 5b = Taylor Price WR OHIO

This is a potential steal at WR, has all the physical tools and is very coachable. A starting 3 of DT/Boldin/Price is an incredibly bright future right there.

Rd 6 = Nolan Carroll CB MARYLAND

This was my homer pick of the draft. I love me some Nolan Carroll, he has great foot speed, excellent size, very good ankle and hip flextion. If he does not get injured last year he would be long gone by this point. As a 6th rd pick he is low risk extreme high reward.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice Mock. Mine's a little better.

1st- Jermaine Gresham, TE.
- Let's face it, having a great tightend on your team makes passing the ball a lot easier. Heap is past his prime, and with Gresham still on the board Baltimore would be foolish to pass him up.

2nd- Lamarr Houston, DT
- Houston would fit in perfectly in Baltimore. His aggressive nature and versatility is just what the Ravens aging D-line could use. Bulk Houston up to 315, and he'll be a beast for years to come.

3rd- Amari Spievey, CB
- Cornerback is a top need for the Ravens, and Spievey is a talented player. Deion Sanders is really high on Spieveys game, and I can see why; Spieveys size is perfect, and his athleticism is outstanding. He’s been productive, durable, and has awesome hands as well.

5th- Mike Williams, WR
- He's got character issues, but as a player, there's no way he should've slipped to round 5. Baltimore sees this as a steal, and knows the Ravens locker room will change Williams' character flaws. As a player, he's great, but he'll need some coaching up before he even sees the field. Could be a huge steal though.

5th- Antonio Coleman, OLB
- Coleman was a great pass rusher in college (like most Auburn prospects) I like Colemans game a lot though. He's undersized, but he uses his competitiveness, and excellent pass rush moves to consistently beat his man. The Ravens have struggled to find a consistent edge rusher other than Suggs. Drafting Coleman allows him to come off the bench late in the game, and fly by bigger, more tired offensive tackles. Baltimore would coach this guy into becoming a sack machine.

6th- DeMarcus Granger, DT
- I love Granger. He's nasty and has the talent to back it up. He possesses great strength, and is a beast in run support. He has a ton of potential, and could potentially be a gem for the Ravens. Give Granger 2-3 years of proper coaching, and he'll be a stud in the NFL.

i love it :)

Last edited by GoRavens : 03-16-2010 at 08:43 AM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Jermaine Gresham in rd 1 isnt better than Demaryius Thomas. Personally best case scenario is trade back to top 10 of rd 2 and get Demaryius there.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Well Jermaine Gresham in rd 1 isnt better than Demaryius Thomas. Personally best case scenario is trade back to top 10 of rd 2 and get Demaryius there.
Gotta disagree with this. Gresham at his best will be just as big of an offensive asset as Thomas at his best, especially now that we have Boldin. I actually LOVE the mock STRIP did, with Weatherspoon, Jones, and Shipley. I think that adds alot of depth to the defense, and adds a bit of youth. I suppose if I had to do a mock right now, it would probably look like

1) Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
- ***OPTION B*** Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State

2) Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
- ***OPTION B*** Lamar Houston/Cam Thomas

Something along those lines for the top rounds. Tried to be realistic for who might be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine is definitely different from any of yours:

Round 1: Arrelious Benn/WR/Illinois

Round 2:: Perrish Cox/CB/PR/Oklahoma State

Round 3: Chris Cook/CB/S/Virginia

Round 5: Alex Carrington/DE/Arkansas State

Round 5: Andrew Quarless/TE/Penn State

Round 6: Joe Webb/QB/WR/UAB

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People people people, where are you getting this third round pick from? We traded it away to Arizona for Boldin, and we are NOT getting a third round compensation pick. Best we're getting is a net-value seventh rounder.

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...9&view=archive
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote