Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Give me Spiller in the 1st, Tebow in the 2nd and the best OT or NT in the 3rd.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no (10..........)
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
Give me Spiller in the 1st, Tebow in the 2nd and the best OT or NT in the 3rd.
Nolan Nawrocki, in his infinite asinine ways, gave us Spiller over Clausen in a mock

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Spiller, how would you guys feel about him at #9. Do you think its a realistic option. From what I've heard, he would be a great fit in Chan Gailey's offense and the Bills are lacking somebody who can generate big plays.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Nolan Nawrocki, in his infinite asinine ways, gave us Spiller over Clausen in a mock
Yeah, in my mock I assumed that Clausen would be gone already, otherwise he would be my guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Speaking of Spiller, how would you guys feel about him at #9. Do you think its a realistic option. From what I've heard, he would be a great fit in Chan Gailey's offense and the Bills are lacking somebody who can generate big plays.
I do think it's a realistic option and it would be a good pick if Marshawn is traded, which I hope he does. Anytime a player draws comparisons to Chris Johnson & Reggie Bush (except a more polished runner) is a prospect that is worth taking. Typically, I'm not very fond of taking a running back in the 1st, but for Spiller I'll make an exception.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spiller is very good and it is true that we don't have that kind of speed in the backfield, but I just can't see it over an OT (or the slight possibility of a QB). Even with Jackson being 29 and Lynch producing unsatisfactorally, I really don't think it's a position that we'd be looking at with #9. I feel alright for now with Jackson as our starter and Lynch doing whatever, and right now we have more pressing foundational needs. Gamebreakers like that are all the rage with CJ2K going bananas on defenses, but Fred Jackson was our offense last year and I'd be much more excited to see hm with a nice OT than him giving carries to Spiller behind Demetrius Bell.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we draft Spiller the fans base will go nuts
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
if we draft Spiller the fans base will go nuts
In a good way or a bad way.

Also, if they took Spiller, I could see them trading up in the late first to take a guy like Bruce Campbell or Charles Brown or maybe even Terrance Cody.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-22-2010 at 09:48 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

in a bad way, very bad, unless Lynch is moved for at least a 3rd
Old 03-23-2010, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
in a bad way, very bad, unless Lynch is moved for at least a 3rd
Agreed. I would take Lynch for a third...
Old 03-23-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Culpepper wants to play in the B-lo
Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be furious with a Spiller pick.....seriously angry. I mean, aside from the fact that its not sensible to pay any RB other than CJ or AD elite money, we can't fail to address OL, NT, or QB here. Its so obvious. I am all for BPA (unless you are talking about RB because you can pick up a serviceable to very good one in rd. 2 and 3 with consistency), but in this the value of whatever OT that is left will be comparable to Spiller....in that case you go for the absolutely glaring need and use some common sense.....Fred Jackson was an absolute stud last year and deserves a shot to carry the load. Now, it would be nice to have a guy like Spiller for sure, but he would be a luxury pick if I have ever seen one.....The Buffalo Bills don't have room for a luxury pick right now. If Gailey feels we absolutely NEED a fast RB, grab Best or something.....fine, whatever. I will be damned, however, if we pass up a great talent at OT again.....that worked ever so well with Oher.

That said, the way this franchise has been sucking lately watch us take Spiller and then trade up with Campbell or Dan Williams on the board and take Golden Tate or something.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-23-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a strong feeling we are getting Tebow btw.....I just hope we don't trade up, that would be ever so rudy cool.

My Ideal Draft:

1. Best OT left (hope and pray with all my might for Okung) altho if they think
Clausen is a franchise QB, they need to pull the trigger.
2. Get Cody somehow (trade up in late 1st if needed)......Some people hate
him, I love him. He's gonna be a stud NT imo and we need to shore that up
if we plan to have any success on D this year.
3. Go for value here, plain and simple. BPA.

*** I am OK with no QB this year btw. The more I look at Clausen, the more I don't believe. I would rather wait, get a stop gap guy in there and get a guy I feel confident about later on. Hopefully, with some decent drafting, we can have a decent OL and good D in place when he gets here.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-23-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Butler really ****** us over, but I'd still be very upset if we didn't have a solid OL in place after this year. Wood should hopefully be alright, and it's hard to see anything but OT at #9. Though my arms are open to Jimmy.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

I think Jamon can fill the RT spot fine
Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

Quote:
I think Jamon can fill the RT spot fine
Same here, I think that LT is our only pressing need on the OL. Wood, Hangman, Levitre & Meredith can all hold their own.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

So, Jim Kelly had dinner with Tebow last night and raved about just how awesome he is.....awesome enough for the Bills to use their 1st rounder? I actually think this is possible, discuss.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
if we take Tebow at #9 I am a Bengals fan for the year and maybe more.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Is there room for two Red?

No, I don't believe we will. It just seems WAY to illogical to invest the kind of money that the ninth overall pick merits on a player like Tebow. Even to draft him in the second is a bit of a head-scratcher minus the financial gains from selling Tebow jerseys for a year.

By the way, is anybody else tired of Kelly riding Tebow's jock? It really is getting to be annoying.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Question: Is it possible to not love Felton Huggins?

Answer: No.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Jackson......meh

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

we only had 5 wrs. we needed camp bodies and he is better than getting a 35 year old WR.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, but now I have to listen to somebody who thinks they know what they're talking about get hyped up about him. You know, the kind that are half-kidding when they get excited about somebody just because they were a high pick n years ago.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

He sucks, w/e.....if he reaffirms his suckiness in camp, then we cut him. No real loss here.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Gaithier now on the market for a high 2nd......would you guys pull the trigger? I think I may, adding an OT now would really free us up nicely in the 1st rd. to draft BPA or to trade down and pick up a few pieces later, namely a NT.