Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-05-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Interesting Whitworth Stats...

Doesn't tell the whole story but to me it validates letting Steinbach walk given the contract he would've wanted.

Whitworth at Left Guard (2 games)

Rushing:

52 attempts, 213 yards, 4.0 per carry, 2 TD's

Passing:

48/77, 613 yards, 3 TD's/ 2 INT's 6 sacks allowed

Whitworth at Left Tackle (10 games)

Rushing:

290 attempts; 1,104 yards; 3.8 per carry, 9 TD's

Passing:

208/328; 2,638 yards; 19 TD's/ 7 INT's, 18 sacks allowed

Whitworth not in the starting lineup (4 games)

Rushing:

92 attempts, 318 yards, 3.4 per carry, 3 TD's

Passing:

71/118, 816 yards, 6 TD's/ 4 INT's, 11 sacks allowed

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-05-2007 at 02:35 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are some really cool statistics. Doesn't seem like he makes a huge difference in the passing game, in fact there were less sacks allowed per game when he was at LT than at LG, which was about the same as when he was out of the starting lineup. Obviously he isn't really LT material (although he's good in case of an injury, which really increases his value. But the run game was far better when he was at left guard then when he wasn't, so that should really help the team next year. Nice find/compilation of the stats.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Remember, the organization loved Adam Keift before his injury and I expect him to be a contributor this year in a key reserve role too. Our O-line has the depth to allow Steiny to leave.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly.

I'm afraid of what will happen to Stacy Andrews though, we gave him a big tender and Bobbie is signed to a big deal... I'm not sure what we'll do with him.

I'd rather see Andrews as our RG of the future. Kieft/Andrews make for two very suitable backup lineman, as well as Ben Wilkerson.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt be suprised if Ben Wilkerson is starting in the next few years whether its at C or G

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

To be honest I'd rather see Wilkerson at C than Ghiaciuc, Wilkerson is just better built and has more potential than Ghiaciuc... Not that Ghiaciuc is a slouch.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree. when he was in that game this year(cant remember which one but i was there) he was amazing when he run blocked imo. he just stones people and he really probably doesnt know the system all that well.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-06-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
i agree. when he was in that game this year(cant remember which one but i was there) he was amazing when he run blocked imo. he just stones people and he really probably doesnt know the system all that well.
It was the Ravens game I think, the Oline didn't lose a step when he came in there which says a lot for a backup center.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

That is statistically what we call a "bias" statement. meaning you did not fairly account into the equaltion outliers. Outliers are the things that effect your statement that werent mentioned. Such as TEAMS PLAYED. Obviously his stats (YPC for tghe RB/TD's etc) might look better because of the team he played against. One week those good stats might have been against the Browns, the next week when they looked worse, it was probably the Ravens or Steelers.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

That's why I said "Doesn't tell the whole story".

Still, when Whitworth was at LG we didn't lose a step as was evident on the field.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
mrpotamus

I think what that may show is that Steinbach was over-matched at LT. That is probably why they moved Whitworth out to tackle and Steinbach back into guard. What I do like about Whitworth at guard is his mauling ability. Steinbach was a great pulling guard, but in all reality, Rudi is not the type of back that you want to pull with. He does not have the speed to get outside. He is much better banging straight ahead, and Whitworth is more suited to that style of ground attack.

As for Andrews, I think he will eventually get a long-term offer this off season or upcoming season. If you look at Bobbie Williams contract, they will save money by cutting him or trading him after next season, even though it is a new contract. That would allow them to move Andrews, who is much younger, into the lineup. I actually thought he played as well as, or better, than Williams when he replaced him in the lineup this past season.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our O-line is in great shape for the future. Our depth is really quality guys that can start alot of places.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree completely about Andrews, I really don't think we lost a step and with time we'd gain a little by having him out there. Hopefully he gets extended during the season.

Those numbers do help to explain why Whitworth was moved to tackle instead of Steinbach.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitworth is just one tough SOB. Good smart hardworking guy inside, and he'll be a solid player inside. He can slide out to RT when Willie Anderson calls it quits, and he has, as shown, the capability to be a decent LT if Levi gets hurt. Whitworth was one of the OL guys that I really liked last year. You guys do have a solid amount of depth with the OL, which bodes well when the market explodes as such. I could see another mid-late round OL depth selection to add to it. Smart job building up the trenches.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Whitworth is just one tough SOB. Good smart hardworking guy inside, and he'll be a solid player inside. He can slide out to RT when Willie Anderson calls it quits, and he has, as shown, the capability to be a decent LT if Levi gets hurt. Whitworth was one of the OL guys that I really liked last year. You guys do have a solid amount of depth with the OL, which bodes well when the market explodes as such. I could see another mid-late round OL depth selection to add to it. Smart job building up the trenches.
The legend has spoken... Very well said.

I'm hoping we cut Bobbie Williams after this year and Stacy Andrews becomes the RG, then we have all kinds of youth on the Oline and as you said Whitworth can then make the move to RT when Willie calls it quits.

I gotta say I like the way the FO dealt with the Oline. Levi was by far the most important, taking Whitworth last year was perfect and they really developed Andrews. We still have Kieft as well so the Oline is looking good. I'm kind of expecting one in the 4th or 5th but I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until next year to do that with the hopeful 3rd round tender we get for Steinbach.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

if stacey andrews is as good as advertised our oline is gonna be sick wit it for a long time. whitworth was obviously a very solid selection and he could prove to be one of the better olineman in the league with more experience. ghiaciuc is solid and could be great, wilkerson is the guy i like, levi is a stud, and bobbie williams is a decent pass blocker but a mauler in RB.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165