Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-19-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I played the Dante's Inferno demo...it is a blatant GOW rip off. Not as quality but, it wasnt that bad. I liked it a lot better than the Dark Siders demo, which I found to be boring. I wouldnt pay full price for Dante's Inferno but, i'd pick it up when it cheapens. Pretty much the same conclusion I came to when I played the Brutal Legend demo.
Cool thanks

Yeah it amazing some of the games I find myself buying when they the 19.99-29.99 price range. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd recommend checking out the Resistance series. It's great.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That check I was waiting for finally came today...got like $250 more than expected also. So, I'm probably buying the Show today. Probably going to wait a while before buying GOW 3.

I also wont be spending full price on Metro 2033, which I want but, the reviews have been all over the place and it's only like a 10 hour long shooter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just picked up a 320 GB external hard drive and formatted to FAT32. Ready to load up some TV avi files and watch via PS3. I'm disappointed it doesn't support more file types natively but most 100% legally obtained copies of TV shows tend to come in .avi anyway.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

I want an FPS game but cant decide between Resistance 2 and Killzone 2. Anyone want to chime in?

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killzone 2 got slightly better reviews but I know quite a bit of people who are partial to Resistance.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got me some Heavy Rain.

Frickin' awesome.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you ever play the original Resistence or Killzone?

I've never played Killzone but, own both Resistence games, they're great games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like Killzone 2 nearly as much as the resistance series, the aiming felt so sluggish in Killzone, didn't really like it.

FF13 was fantastic, great game, don't understand all the hate it got from reviewers (granted it was alot of the shittier places giving it a bad score.)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't play FPS on the PS3 for crap. Too used to a keyboard and mouse.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

FF13 was fantastic, great game, don't understand all the hate it got from reviewers (granted it was alot of the shittier places giving it a bad score.)
Vanille is annoying as hell, and the skill leveling up feels like a step down from FFX.

I enjoyed the game when I rented it and I'll probably buy it when it comes down in price, but I didn't like it enough to spend $60.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-22-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The 360 is so much better than the PS3 for FPS, cause atleast it has triggers. Shooting on the PS3 doesnt feel all that natural using the top buttons. Resistence is still fantastic, though. Just took me a while to get used to after playing so many on the 360.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-22-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've never played killzone, but i loved both resistance games
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a huge fan of FPS in general. I have Half Life Orange Box (which I love) and Call of Duty 4, which is good enough for me. I don't plan on getting another FPS anytime soon.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You should maybe give Bioshock a try PL. That's a good one.

I was never really big into FPS either but, I've warmed up to some of the better ones. They have to have a great story attached, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Ive ever played an orange box game single player haha
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I plan on buying it for the 360 eventually. I posted in another thread, that I was looking to play the first few Half-Life games before getting the Orange Box, though. You have Portal in there as well, which I've never played. And the 2nd game is due out fairly soon.

I also really want to try Deus Ex, Deus Ex 3 looks/sounds like it's going to be pretty damn good. Should have similar success to Fallout 3, which gained a great deal of fans with their newest title.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I plan on buying it for the 360 eventually. I posted in another thread, that I was looking to play the first few Half-Life games before getting the Orange Box, though. You have Portal in there as well, which I've never played. And the 2nd game is due out fairly soon.

I also really want to try Deus Ex, Deus Ex 3 looks/sounds like it's going to be pretty damn good. Should have similar success to Fallout 3, which gained a great deal of fans with their newest title.
Half-Life 2 and all the episodes come in Orange Box, unless you mean Half-Life, HL Opposing Forces, and Blue Shift. If that's the case, only the original HL is really worth playing.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Half-Life 2 and all the episodes come in Orange Box, unless you mean Half-Life, HL Opposing Forces, and Blue Shift. If that's the case, only the original HL is really worth playing.
I want to play the original Half Life for the PC, first.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-23-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to play the original Half Life for the PC, first.
Opposing Forces and Blue Shift are expansions, allowing you play as a marine and Barney the security guard. Opposing Forces is worth playing, I didn't really like Blue Shift.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can anyone give me some feedback on the game MAG?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played MAG yet, but everyone i asked that did play it gave great feedback on it. Online play is basically huge maps with a lot of people, I heard it was really fun.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm considering purchasing a PS3 in a couple of months. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the games that have been released on the system so I'd like to know what you guys think would be like 5-10 games that are must haves (or close to it). Don't worry about multi-platform games.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm considering purchasing a PS3 in a couple of months. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the games that have been released on the system so I'd like to know what you guys think would be like 5-10 games that are must haves (or close to it). Don't worry about multi-platform games.
You have to buy Pro Evolution Soccer 2010. It's like FIFA but 10x better. Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are great. Heavy Rain. The GOWs. Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I bought Vancouver 2010, but I barely played it, it's not that good. UFC Undisputed is also one i love.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We posted a bunch on the previous page, I believe, or the one before that.

Anyway I bought the Show today. yay. Still havent played. I plan on starting up a road to the show guy today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS