Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We posted a bunch on the previous page, I believe, or the one before that.

Anyway I bought the Show today. yay. Still havent played. I plan on starting up a road to the show guy today.
Road to the show is very fun. From playing the game batting is not very easy though and that's frustrating, especially when you play online.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm considering purchasing a PS3 in a couple of months. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the games that have been released on the system so I'd like to know what you guys think would be like 5-10 games that are must haves (or close to it). Don't worry about multi-platform games.
Assassin's Creed (1 and 2)
Call of Duty 4
God of War Collection
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted (1 and 2)
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Assassin's Creed (1 and 2)
Call of Duty 4
God of War Collection
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted (1 and 2)
The Assassin's Creeds kick ass and I have COD on 360.

But thanks for the other suggestions. Can't get those on another system!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what positions are your Road to the Show guys?

If you can have two at a time...I plan on making a fielder and a starting pitcher. Not sure what position to play yet, though.

edit...created a RF. Kind of lame that I always know when the ball is coming my way. I hate base running so far as well. I'm 3-9 so far at the plate. Have never come close to walking, which sucks. I want to walk.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-24-2010 at 08:21 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm considering purchasing a PS3 in a couple of months. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the games that have been released on the system so I'd like to know what you guys think would be like 5-10 games that are must haves (or close to it). Don't worry about multi-platform games.
1. God of War 3 (pick up the Collection if you haven't played the first two)
2. Heavy Rain
3. Metal Gear 4
4. Final Fantasy XIII (multiplatform, but it's way better on PS3)
5. Uncharted 2 (first one doesn't compare)

Other good exclusives to consider:
MLB The Show 2010 (if you're into baseball)
Resistance 1 & 2
Uncharted 1
Burnout Paradise

For a good balance (Action, Adventure, Sports, RPG, Sim, Racing), I'd go...
1. GoW3
2. MLB The Show
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. MGS 4
5. Resistance 2
...and continue to wait for GT5 to get your racing fix.

Last edited by nepg : 03-24-2010 at 11:33 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you can have two at a time...I plan on making a fielder and a starting pitcher. Not sure what position to play yet, though.

edit...created a RF. Kind of lame that I always know when the ball is coming my way. I hate base running so far as well. I'm 3-9 so far at the plate. Have never come close to walking, which sucks. I want to walk.
I made a SS and a SP. My SS is fast but yea the baserunning sucks and takes some time getting used to. I walked a few times tho. :D

Pitching is a lot more fun for me. Even though you're a starter they start you as a reliever.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
These are some of my favorite exclusive PS3 titles:

1. Heavy Rain (Cutting edge game, basically a playable move, epic)
2. Uncharted 1 + 2 (Another game that plays out like a movie, think indiana jones meets the prince of persia)
3. MLB The Show 10 (Rivals NBA 2k10 for my favorite sports title)
4. Metal Gear (I'm sure you know enough about this series)
5. inFamous (A game thats loads of fun, you can climb pretty much anything in the game and shoot balls of electricity)
6. The Ratchet and Clank Series ( you're probably familiar with this series, probably my favorite platformer out right now)

Speaking of exclusives, has there been any talks of a Sly Cooper game on the PS3? I loved that series on the PS2.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I haven't made a guy in the new one but I had a SS in the first one, it's a really fun mode. When I get home I think I'm going to make a catcher, they just added that position to the game so I want to see how it plays.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I am a starter but my friend is in his 12th season as a centerfielder and he says it's pretty fun.

The game wins me over with Franchise mode.. I know the trade waiver bug is still annoying, but if you just ignore it, it's one of the best franchise modes ever. Extremely deep. Also, some guys over at Operation Sports are making full minor league rosters, so my life will probably be over once those are completed.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I am a starter but my friend is in his 12th season as a centerfielder and he says it's pretty fun.

The game wins me over with Franchise mode.. I know the trade waiver bug is still annoying, but if you just ignore it, it's one of the best franchise modes ever. Extremely deep. Also, some guys over at Operation Sports are making full minor league rosters, so my life will probably be over once those are completed.
The guy @ OS named Knight put out a ridiculous roster last year, I'm waiting patiently for his 10' version.

Also the waiver wire glitch thing is hard to avoid when you get the opportunity to claim Joe Mauer and/or Prince Fielder haha.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Speaking of exclusives, has there been any talks of a Sly Cooper game on the PS3? I loved that series on the PS2.
Honestly, I wouldn't expect it at this point.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't expect it at this point.
That's a damn shame, such a fun game.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only real problem with it right now, is that I cant walk at all. I'm trying hard, getting to 3-1 or 3-2. And then they just throw strikes. It's pretty annoying. I've almost played a month on All-Star, and am hitting just over .400 but, I'm a singles and K machine. And havent walked once yet. I'm like Francoeur when he was a pup. Bleh. I havent made my pitcher yet, I bet it will be more fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I looked up a few trailers on youtube, and decided to get "Battlefield: Bad Company 2"

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My only real problem with it right now, is that I cant walk at all. I'm trying hard, getting to 3-1 or 3-2. And then they just throw strikes. It's pretty annoying. I've almost played a month on All-Star, and am hitting just over .400 but, I'm a singles and K machine. And havent walked once yet. I'm like Francoeur when he was a pup. Bleh. I havent made my pitcher yet, I bet it will be more fun.
I had the same issues as you as a position player. I made a pitcher and am having loads more fun.

Made a big, lefty knuckleball pitcher. Pretty fun, since there are so few out there it makes my guy feel unique.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
king of exclusives, has there been any talks of a Sly Cooper game on the PS3? I loved that series on the PS2.
There was an easter egg in Infamous at some movie theater saying Sly Cooper 4. There was also suppose to be a trailer for it at E3 but that was a few years ago. I'm sure it'll come either before Infamous 2 or after.

As for some PS3 exclusives to get, I completely agree with CCB in the Ratchet and Clank series. They're probably my favorite franchise out on the PS3. Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Demon Souls, and Little Big Planet are some others I'd recommend.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-25-2010 at 03:13 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone picked up Just Cause 2 yet? It is perfect for me, in GTA3, VC, and SA all I did after a while was run around shooting people, blowing stuff up, etc. GTA4 was a great game but way too serious.

JC2 is SOOO much fun. The world is huge and beautiful, the weapons and missions are fun, it's just a great game. There are some things that could be better, and I think if Rockstar had made this game they would've done a better job, but they're too busy sucking off the 360 to care about PS3 customers so **** them.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Anyone picked up Just Cause 2 yet? It is perfect for me, in GTA3, VC, and SA all I did after a while was run around shooting people, blowing stuff up, etc. GTA4 was a great game but way too serious.

JC2 is SOOO much fun. The world is huge and beautiful, the weapons and missions are fun, it's just a great game. There are some things that could be better, and I think if Rockstar had made this game they would've done a better job, but they're too busy sucking off the 360 to care about PS3 customers so **** them.
Lol what? How is that?

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Lol what? How is that?
Well now I need to take my foot out of my mouth. I thought all the DLC and Episodes from LIberty City stuff was a 360 exclusive but apparently it's all coming out next month for PS3.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-29-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well now I need to take my foot out of my mouth. I thought all the DLC and Episodes from LIberty City stuff was a 360 exclusive but apparently it's all coming out next month for PS3.
Yeah, stupid Microsoft paid $50 million for it to be exclusive for a year on the 360. Well maybe it wasn't so stupid, because apparantly they made $20 million from the deal.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yeah, stupid Microsoft paid $50 million for it to be exclusive for a year on the 360. Well maybe it wasn't so stupid, because apparantly they made $20 million from the deal.
$20 million profit? That is pretty good, but you have to wonder if they would've made that much less if they hadn't paid $50 million for an exclusive. They paid $50M to make $70M. What if they'd paid $0M and made $40M?

There is probably more to it that we don't know about. But I doubt that without exclusivity they would've made that much less money.

Plus it just pissed me off because I bought a PS3 a long time ago specifically because I thought Sony would have exclusivity like they did on PS2.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
$20 million profit? That is pretty good, but you have to wonder if they would've made that much less if they hadn't paid $50 million for an exclusive. They paid $50M to make $70M. What if they'd paid $0M and made $40M?

There is probably more to it that we don't know about. But I doubt that without exclusivity they would've made that much less money.

Plus it just pissed me off because I bought a PS3 a long time ago specifically because I thought Sony would have exclusivity like they did on PS2.
They made 20 million on sales of the game. The unseen amount of money is the people who bought 360s so they could get the Exclusive Bonus Content right away. They didn't do it for just the game, they do it for console sales.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
They made 20 million on sales of the game. The unseen amount of money is the people who bought 360s so they could get the Exclusive Bonus Content right away. They didn't do it for just the game, they do it for console sales.
And with it being impossible to quantify that without interviewing every person who bought a 360 in the given time frame, there's no way to tell if it was worth it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-29-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I highly, highly doubt that they made anywhere close to $50 million in console sales solely based on the fact that they had exclusive dlc on a game for one year. That just doesn't seem very realistic.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I highly, highly doubt that they made anywhere close to $50 million in console sales solely based on the fact that they had exclusive dlc on a game for one year. That just doesn't seem very realistic.
Probably not, but really it was tactic to slow down PS3's rising number of console sales. I was just pointing out that the 360 was just trying to create a larger market share for themselves, not about the success or lack there of.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote