Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-24-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far for the last two days i been keeping a time table so i'll post that.

9:15 Banana, greek yogurt strawberry
9:45-10:50 Gatorade while working out
11:15 Whey with 2 cups of Skim Milk
1:00 Natrual BP, milled Flax Seed, on Whole grain bread, hash brown
5:46 1/2 Whole grain tortilla, filled with spinach, tomatoes, fat free cheese, beans
9:00 Ploy workout
10:30 1 cup milk, 1/2 scoop casien, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 tortilla.

Tuesday
10:30 Banana, Greek Yogurt
2:00 Tortilla, Spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, fat free cheese, beans
4:00-4:30 cardio/complex workout
6:00 apple
7:20 slice of whole grain bread, 2 slices of cheese ff, and bell peppers
9:15 Mushroom, bell peppers, cheese FF, Whole grain bread, 1 cup of juice
11:30 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 casien, 1 whey.

And the week before
16th
honey, natural BP, whole grain bread with Flax seed
1/2 sandwhich, cheese, tomatoes, whole grain, tofu
skim milk
banana
1115 calories

17th
2x Bananas
2x Yogurts
1/2 of the sandwich
2 cups milk whey
Gatorade
Broccoli, Brown rice and soy sauce

Banana, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries
slice of whole grain with BP, skim milk
small piece of left over tofu
cliff bar
yogurt
cheese
apple

2 whole wheat and cheese sandwhiches, skim milk
peach yogurt
mangoes
chocolate milk fat free
white rice, bread, mixed vegetables
1185? didn't know what the last meal was.

Thats about it. I might switch it up, for a week and do like 1500 on MWF, and 2000 on TTH.

Last edited by brat316 : 03-24-2010 at 11:55 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
1st off, your calories look way low......1500 and 1000 is insane. 2000 should be fine.

2nd, what are you cutting for? 145 is already skinny.....are you fighting or something?

3rd- You could have easily hit a plateau.....when you take in an extreme caloric defecit, your body can become used to it and start storing fat. This, however, should be temporary. If you keep eating a defecit, you will keep losing weight. You can help yourself out of a plateau faster by changing up what you eat or adding some more cardio, but you will get out anyway as long as you keep the defecit.
ahahha nah its just fat i wanna burn off, let my abs pop..and yes I know some of it is about having genes.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chest out this tit workout.

http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch...chest-training

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
ahahha nah its just fat i wanna burn off, let my abs pop..and yes I know some of it is about having genes.
To me it sounds like you're losing weight for vanity, rather than health. I hope that isn't the case.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been a while since I've posted on this thread.

Recently got on Muscle Milk and Creatine(optimum nutrition brand).

I'm starting to see more definition in my body.

I'm doing an ab class tonight for the first time ever. Don't really know what to expect, except soreness lol.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
if yur 150lbs and u cannot see your abs, then u dont have enough muscle mass on your body yet.

Being that light of a weight u shoulder consider doing a nice good bulk, and then cut
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
if yur 150lbs and u cannot see your abs, then u dont have enough muscle mass on your body yet.

Being that light of a weight u shoulder consider doing a nice good bulk, and then cut
Really depends how tall he is, I guess.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
To me it sounds like you're losing weight for vanity, rather than health. I hope that isn't the case.
it is a bit. I don't really want to drop weight, its more of dropping body fat %. And since i can't find out what my % is, eye ball test and a scale works I guess. I don't want to do that electrode test because your results can be off from 40-60%.

Last edited by brat316 : 03-24-2010 at 02:55 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supplements are exactly what they say, supplements. They supplement your diet and workout, they don't replace.

I know it sounds stupid for me to post but it's just a reminder that you still have to watch what you eat and work hard in the gym even when you are on supplements.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeah, my only supplement is whey. I am thinking about using Universal SuperCuts, but i'm put that off untill like May/June if i really need it. I'm take a break from cutting in 2-3 weeks anyways.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I think I'm going to try out Animal Cuts come mid-April and run it for 3 weeks.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so I just recently got back into working out now that school has been winding down for me. I'm 5 foot 11 and around 150 pounds and I'm looking to bulk up of course. I have school all day on tuesday thursday along with a radio show so I only have time to work out on the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday along with the weekend.

I was thinking of doing a routine of:

Monday - All Upper Body
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday - All Lower Body
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - All Upper Body
Weekend - Rest and some cardio

And then flip it as the next week comes up.

I do 3 sets of decreasing reps (usually 10 , 8 , 6) but that's just from what I used to do in high school. I read about 5X5 but I guess I don't fully understand.

I get plenty of complex carbs, protein and calories, I just need a solid workout routine to help myself.

Any input would be awesome. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I wouldn't do days of " all upper body". I'd isolate one day to chest and bi or tris and one day to shoulders and bi or tris.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else prefer lifting by themselves then lifting w/ a partner??? I see many people lifting w/ other people but when ever I lift I seem to get off track very easily and dont get my whole workout in.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Does anyone else prefer lifting by themselves then lifting w/ a partner??? I see many people lifting w/ other people but when ever I lift I seem to get off track very easily and dont get my whole workout in.
Having someone to lift with for chest day is pretty nice to have a spotter. Other than that, I could care less.

they get smoked.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm too bulky, focusing on aerobics and jogging.

My favorite health food combination:

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Cliff bar has a lot of sugar in it. Like most bars it sucks, but sometimes its better than nothings.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been on this P90X for awhile now, I stop lifting for gains now but to tone. I've been doing it with a few friends and I much prefer to have a work out partner to push you, I find myself stopping sooner if I was by myself.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I'm too bulky, focusing on aerobics and jogging.

My favorite health food combination:

So not health food........I could go into a rant, and want to, but I am late leaving for work as it is. Darn!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely prefer to work out alone, the meditation-ish part of working out is half of why I like working out so much.

And booo tests, have to work in the afternoon twice this week. So many people >_<.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another solo worker. Lets me concentrate and more importantly focus on what's important. I'm very competitive so having someone there just makes me want to put up higher weight than I should at the expense of form, kind of defeats the purpose.

Quote:
Appearance is every bit as good a motivator as health and really, they are related anyway. The better you look, the better you feel about how you look, the more confident you are in your appearance, these are all good things and good reasons to work out. By being in that shape you are also inherently healthier. I'm a big fan of whatever the motivation for being healthier is not important as long as it is there in some form.

I personally am motivated probably even between three things, Sport, Appearance and Health. One day in the not too distant future the sport one will not be there anymore, just puts more emphasis on the other two but as long as it is enough to get off my ass and do it, it matters not why I do it.

Also... Currently have a knee injury, badly twisted about 5 weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone has ever had similar and how they treated it, how long it took and the like. Gave it rest for 5 weeks but I have nationals starting in 2 weeks and unfortunately have to get back into training and playing RB means there really isn't any way to go easy either. Anyone know of good management/prevention/healing mechanisms?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I workout with a partner.....not a random guy tho, it's always one of my best friends that I actually trust spotting me and won't limit me in the gym by talking too much or just being a jerk off.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I like lifting with someone else but only sometimes. Some days I just want to be alone in the gym. I get more done when I'm alone because I don't have to worry about anyone else getting in between sets and talking is always a distraction. Lifting with someone else is also a motivator.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I normally prefer to lift alone but having a good partner is not something I'm opposed to. I just don't have anyone to lift on the same schedule as I have currently. Lifting is sort of 'ME' time right now as I am crazy busy with everything else so its nice to kinda go solo for awhile. I actually feel as though I push myself more when I'm alone which is kind of strange I suppose. All that hootin and hollerin from people trying to encourage me usually doesn't work too well for some reason.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Also... Currently have a knee injury, badly twisted about 5 weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone has ever had similar and how they treated it, how long it took and the like. Gave it rest for 5 weeks but I have nationals starting in 2 weeks and unfortunately have to get back into training and playing RB means there really isn't any way to go easy either. Anyone know of good management/prevention/healing mechanisms?
Have you seen a physiotherapist? They possibly are the best around to help rehab knee injuries.

Healing...ugh. Ligaments tend to heal on their own, but it takes a while. Rates of healing will differ between ligagments. I took 1 month off for a MCL grade 1 sprain, and reinjured it 3 weeks ago, along with my LCL.

As for prevention, wrapping/taping up the knee as well as doing stretches to warm up the stabilizer muscles will help to an extent. A knee brace similar to those people with torn ACLs use would be useful, but it will limit lateral mobility.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote