Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is not intrested in Football, at all. He wants to be the next American Idol.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
He is not intrested in Football, at all. He wants to be the next American Idol.
when he played he played pretty well for a guy who didn't care.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We (Buccaneers) should give him a look. Anything is better than Trueblood on the field.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
when he played he played pretty well for a guy who didn't care.
That's the crazy thing think of how good he could have been had he gave his all.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats really need some help on the right side of the line, it might be worth giving Andrews a look. He is a lot bigger than our average lineman but he is pretty nimble, at least he was when he was a beast. I doubt it happens but it might be worth a shot to see if he can get motivated against all odds.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I promise you all, Shawn Andrews will never play another down in the NFL. He can't even jog without tweaking his back nowadays (not a joke, he re-injured his back jogging on the first day of training camp). His longterm health is at risk and he has serious motivation and mental issues, the guy isn't right in the head anymore. He let criticism get to him and he is seriously weird now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/sp.../14eagles.html

Quote:
“There’s some good and bad in there,” Andrews, 26, said of himself. “If you know the song ‘Tears of a Clown,’ that would kind of describe my past a little bit up to now.”
Quote:
Andrews weighed 230 pounds by age 12 and said he had wrestled with his self-image for years, having been picked on because of his size and because he grew up poor in Camden, Ark. He said he received word before his rookie season in 2004 that a childhood friend was planning to have him killed over money.
Quote:
Perhaps most revealingly, Andrews said he believed that, to some extent, he was forced into football as a sixth grader because he was big, not because he particularly loved the sport. He said he had not watched a complete professional football game unless he was playing in it.
Quote:
“I was feeling great, I was like, this thing is over,” Andrews said. “Man, things went south. I’ve never been a big fan of medication, but at this point it’s very crucial for me.”
Quote:
“All the physical anguish I’ve been through, the thought of not being able to get up and play with my son, that really keeps my mind going every day,” Andrews said. He sees some of his teammates dropping items and struggling to bend and pick them up. “I don’t want to live like that,” Andrews said.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

If he is healthy again he could be the best FA pick up of the year IMO.
It's amazing how he goes from arguably the best offensive guard in the NFL to a player with serious mental and physical issues. Very sad story.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
It's amazing how he goes from arguably the best offensive guard in the NFL to a player with serious mental and physical issues. Very sad story.
depression isn't incurable, most times people do recover (although the chance of falling back into the hole is bigger).

What I'm saying is if you can get him at a fair contract (maybe with some clauses for when he's healthy) and a team could have Shaun Andrews when healthy for no fuss.

If a decent contract for what he is right now can be made, I wouldn't be against it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
depression isn't incurable, most times people do recover (although the chance of falling back into the hole is bigger).

What I'm saying is if you can get him at a fair contract (maybe with some clauses for when he's healthy) and a team could have Shaun Andrews when healthy for no fuss.

If a decent contract for what he is right now can be made, I wouldn't be against it.
I wouldn't be against it either. I highly doubt he'll make an impact.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote